• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS2 updated roster

Samoan Stallion. If you achieve this successfully, there will be a lot and I mean a lot of rep coming your way.

Good news, it worked ... I used ozzy's .ros file.

So you'll need "Action Replay Max Evo" the one with the usb flash disc or anything where you can copy or transfer files from your PS2 memory card to your PC.

Get "Ps2 Save Builder" free software (can't remember the site, but try and google it) ... and follow my instructions in my previous post.

Awesome!!

Am off to sleep .... so will answer any questions in the morning

Is there any way you can do it and put it somewere for download so all we got to do is load it back on to the memory card ?

Sure, will do. I was having problems making it available in the "Downloads" section of this forum, but will give it another shot.

Point to remember, I use "Action Replay Max Evo" so it copies and packs the files with Max extensions i.e. "54810_7905_RUGBY_08__.max", if you don't have "Action Replay Max Evo", you'll have to use Ps2 save builder to extract the "BESLES-54810-Rorigi" and package it in you own software's format i.e if you use xport it'll have a different file extension etc.

The "BESLES-54810-Rorigi" is the ps2 file ...

Sorry guys having a problem adding my file to the "Download" section.

The error says that I have to select a "Category" from the drop down list, but there are no items being displayed on the list .... only "Select Category"

After work and later this evening, I'll be emailing woosah my file for him to make it available to download.

Alternatively, assuming you've got the cables or flash disc to copy files from your ps2 to you pc, all you need to do is save a Ps2 roster to your memory card - as normal.

Using the "Ps2 Save Builder" open the Ps2 roster file and extract the file that looks like this "BESLES-54810-Rxxx".

Grab ozzy's roster from "http://www.badongo.com/file/4660546" it's called something like "ozzy.ros" and rename it to your "BESLES-54810-Rxxx" file.

Use "Ps2 Save Builder" to delete the original "BESLES-54810-Rxxx" and add the new version to it. Save it and copy back to your ps2 memory card.

This should work ....

The good news is it dose work, the bad news is some players are in 2 teams, and one or two of the teams are messed right up.

Try editing the ozzy's roster with woosah's editor and do the same process again ...

I haven't had time to do it, so not too sure if it works

Yeah doing it the way you said works, which is great, its just the roster needs a few changes to it.

Im now editing the roster to the way i want it with woosah's editor. so when i have done what i need to do. I will play the game on the ps2 and let you know if it works, and how it went.

Cornish Drummer you get your amended roster to work??

Loading ozzy's roster works fine. But when I tired to amend ozzy's roster using whoosah's editor, I got an error when trying to load it back into my ps2 game i.e. during load roster process.

Not too sure what's going on.

Any one know how Ozzy edited his roster? Was it using whoosah's editor??

PS Ozzy, you did a good job on the roster esp I noticed a few samoan players that you added and their positional changes e.g. d.lemi, g.williams etc

samoan_stallion i had the same prob, Ozzy roster works fine on the ps2 but when u try and change it with whoosah's editor i got an error message as well, i tryed few times but i still got the error message. So the only way u can update Ozzy roster is by doing it in Squad management when ur playing the game on ps2.

Yeah, that's what I found too.

I want to update some of the player's stats rather than the squad changes.

Will see if ozzy responds to what he used to update/edit his roster.

Yeah, that's what I found too.

I want to update some of the player's stats rather than the squad changes.

Will see if ozzy responds to what he used to update/edit his roster.

[/b]

I want to do the same if i can and also give some players stars and take away stars from some players.

If you can find out can you let me know please.

Thanks.

I figured out how to do it, you'll need the PC version though ... I bought one from hmv on fri £20.

Use whoosah's editor to make changes to the roster e.g. stats, run the pc version of the rugby game, load your amended roster, then make positional changes, e.g. move one player will do, and save it.

With newly saved roster, load it back into your Ps2 memory card.

This will work.

Seems like you'll need to the pc version to authenticate the roster file so it'll be workable for ps2. A bit of a work around .... but it works.

PS Cornish_drummer, if you want, email me your roster file, I'll athenticate it, and will email it back to you so you can load it into your PS2, save's you buying the pc version.

samoan_stallion

So when i have added all the players i want to add to the teams, if i send it to you, will i then be able to use it in whoosah's editor to make changes to the stats of some of the other players ten load it back on to my ps2 or would i then have to send it to you again so you can run it on the pc, then u send it back so i can use it on the ps2 ???

Hope you can understand that.

samoan_stallion

So when i have added all the players i want to add to the teams, if i send it to you, will i then be able to use it in whoosah's editor to make changes to the stats of some of the other players ten load it back on to my ps2 or would i then have to send it to you again so you can run it on the pc, then u send it back so i can use it on the ps2 ???

Hope you can understand that. [/b]

No, you need to email me your final roster, I'll authenticate it using the pc version and will email it back to you, and you can use this version for your ps2.

If you amend the version I have sent back to you using whoosah's editor, you won't be able to load back to ps2, as it'll need to be authenticated again using the pc version .. give it try, but I think this is why ozzy's roster didn't work when we amended it. Does that make sense, I hope so.

I am sure Ozzy only made a roster for the PC games. I think what Samoan Stallion means Cornish is that if you send him your final edited roster, he will re-save it on his pc which will enable the file to work.

Then you can just do the process you did before and have what you have now, but with the updates you made.

All the info u need is in this topic, As my mates band once said " you just gotta luoock for it"

Latest posts