• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS2 updated roster

sorry but i don't understand too well english... i take the "BESLES-54810-Rxxx" file, i delete and rinominate with ozzy's ros, put into the memory card, but it doesn't work... it says me the is damaged

im having trouble guys. i download a roster from my ps3 ( in the ps2 memory card section) onto a flash player and load it onto mp pc. it only comes up with BESLES-548102D525273745F30.PSV (a .psv file) and its 284 kb.

what do i do from here. i cant seem to do anything with it in the ps2 save builder and when i open it with my hex editor i cant make anything out.

ozzys roster isint a .psv file so i dont know what to do next.

can someone please make it eaiser to understand.

and yes ive gone over this topic many of times but still cant figure it out.

please guys can someone help. Thanx heaps. go the hurricanes.

Well, K-Pac I have no idea, but I am in the same boat as you. I am very keen to find out if any of the guys in the know have any idea about how to edit these .psv files.

If we can alter the sides on PS3, that'd be a huuuge leap forward!

been looking every where on the net for anything about .psv files. so far from what i have read there is a tool to change the files from psv to another extension (psv converter) but nothing to change them back. hopefully one of the modders can take a look and work something out. then we can mod the ps3 sides.

I think Woosaah is away overseas at the moment, but when he's back I'm sure he'll nail this problem.

Sorry for the double post, but I've been working on this problem and I may have a working .psv roster file for putting back onto the ps3 in a matter of days.

Hi i'm having trouble transferring the file from my PC to my PS2. Samoan Stallion authenticated the roster i sent him so it will work on my unmodified PS2, but for some reason my Max drive doesnt recognise the file on the USB stick.

I've tried adding a '.max' extension to the file but it still doesnt work.

how do i get my PS2 to recognise there is a file on my Max Drive USB stick?

Have you put it back on your memory card from your Max Drive USB stick ?

I've had a development. It can be done. A PS3 roster update. It can be done easily with the right equipment. The big problem is I don't have the necessary equipment to do it on my own. Here's how it's done.

The main objective is to create a .psv file with the roster on it. If Samoan Stallion can give us his working PS2 roster file on a memory card, this needs to be converted to a .psv file.

I have a ps2-ps3 memory card adaptor. If he sends me his memory card with the updated roster on it, I'll transfer it to my PS3 and send the memory card back with a tenner for his trouble. Or alternately I could send him my memory card and then a tenner after I get it back.

Then I can pull off the new .psv file from my PS3 and put it up for download on TRF.

I can't get the PS2 roster file onto my PS2 memory card, as at present I don't own an Action Replay Max system. That's the only thing I need to do it myself and seeing as it's only for one game and I'm selling my PS2 soon, there's no point me buying it.

So, Samoan Stallion I guess I better PM ya. EDIT: Just noticed, he's a UK man, that'll take too long.

K-Pac do you have access to Action Replay or Slide Magic tools at all?

yeah cuzzy just ordered one off the net so it should be here in about a week. just got the ps2-ps3 mem card adaptor as well. samoan stallion just emailed me a roster. have 5 days left out here at work so when i get home ill be straight on to it cuz. not as good as you guys on the computer but will try to upload the file to trf. if i cant ill just post the action replay in the mail to you C A. cool!

Well, K-Pac, I can tell you that I am very glad. You will have all the equipment to do this for sure!
I am definitely 100% sure that this is gonna work!

Once you get your ps3 version working, it'll just be a case of uploading the .psv file from the ps3 here at TRF. I'm pretty sure that'll be the hardest thing. I've sometimes had trouble uploading files here myself!

Another alternative is msn. Either way this will be awesome. Crappy squads have ruined the authenticity of Rugby '08 for me for ages!

Ok guys just got back yesterday and have been working on this and im now playing the modded roster from samoan stallion on my ps3 yeaaaahhhh. ill upload the .psv file to the trf or if that doesnt work ill send it to c a iverson to upload.

This is good work guys!

but anyone know where i can get action replay max? Ive search around the net and on trademe but found squat!

I asking anyone who's listening to please plus rep K-Pac, for a world first. A working PS3 roster for Rugby '08!

will the ps2-ps3 memory card adaptor be able to connect the ps2 mem card onto PC to extract the rost files that way? cant find action replay max! dont want to go on ebay, too fussy

No they don't unfortunately. There's no driver available for the adapter at present.

I got the roster K-Pac. I'll put it up when I can, it works awesomely! There's a few corrections I wouldn't mind suggesting if pos. Only minor and mainly spelling errors. For example, Steinmetz is spelt Steimetnz. Chabal has Gavin Henson's face. Only little things like that. I'll get a list together over a week or so.

I notice Tuilagi is a star, I'm fine with that, lol! If possible I wouldn't mind adding 4-5 others throughout the game. Having a couple more in the tight five would be good. There's some awesome players in those positions who aren't really acknowledged as such.

Anyhow, I'm knackered after a big weekend and will look into this further later on.

Once again, K-Pac is awesome and has as far as I know posted the world's first PS3 version of a Rugby roster!

C A if you send a copy of a roster edited by you that you want then you can send it to samoan stallion to authenticate it and he can send it to me and ill change it to a .psv file for you. ill get a copy of the pc version soon so i can authenticate it my self.