• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ps3 COD4 TRF tournament

Might I suggest choose someone with the best connection to set-up the matches? Radman maybe and if I can't seem to connect to ones hosted by him, then Gay-Guy to host?

Will radar be off with 3 of us. It could be quite tactical?

One option which could be good is eliminating the "first to points" option and changing it to "number of lives" if it's like 7 or nine lives, then if I lose early I can watch the two masters go at it and see what they do ;)

I like the number of lives idea.

LOL!, at the masters comment. I've got a lot to learn still.

Seems I get more gun shy the more people in a game, I get too scared to die so I cower in a corner and wait and pick off anyone lucky enough to pass by lol!.

Yeah I used to be like that in 97 with Goldeneye...so paraniod lol!

Then a year ago I realised that I don't actually literally die when I get shot on a game........ :p

Well I will do whatever anyone wants....i am just very happy to be in CONTACT on the net with people I know :cheers:

Wish I could've played longer, I was getting signals that duty was calling and not in the game either!

We will have to hook up on chat to try and sort out the mics, that feedback was real annoying and it was hard to hear you alot of the time, there were occasions when you came through sweet but for the majority of the time it was horrible and made it hard to concentrate.

Dunno whose fault it was, but we'll sort it.

Pretty exciting stuff, was ****** at getting cut off in that game that came down to 1 kill, your time had come GG, I had you...

Other than that one I had heaps of opportunities but my aiming was terrible, along with my hoary melee attack skills. What sucks is I can aim good long distance but when someone is right in front of me I was firing blanks ffs.

Still was heaps of fun, I've gotta learn to navigate the options better too, still learning things about the game. Plus there is more than just deathmatch so we'll have to give some of the other game types a crack.

Damn right. We'll sort out those mics at some stage over the next coupla days.

It was a real bummer that the Radman / Gay-Guy "One Life Left" game crashed. I felt ultra bad as I was the host! Still, one of you has to thank my connection, as it was that which saved you, lol.

I couldn't pick who would've won it, as I was watching you both. Sometimes there was a fair bit of cat-and-mouse and other times you headed off in opposite directions. It was hard not to shout "Turn around, go back to where the cars are!", as I couldn't be unfair at all.

Gay-Guy had this hilarious thing where he jumped up and down on the spot shooting the roof of a car from on top of it! It was like he was daring Radman to come get some! I cut back to Radman and he's in a building staring at an empty street in wait, lol.

Still, they had just found each other when the whole thing crashed for me and without any error report my ps3 went back to the XMB! Weird.

Still, I think four is going to be the perfect number for this on PS3. I hate crowded game zones, where it's mostly luck if you survive. With 4 or 5, you can still have a good chance to be stealthy!

3 was great in it's own way though. Miles better than one on one!

Yeah it was great fun playing with 3 of us.....gee I need to get a mic so I can talk the talk lol!

I am still struggling with my aiming on 10....but i want to perservere with it as I think the people who master 10 are actually the ones who are the most skillfull....still there were times when I couldn't aim straight at all when people were right in front lol!

I liked watching how others use their weapons and stuff. Craig you are quite good how you don't go hard out and empty your clip but just take a few bursts sometimes. I find when I an unloading that I can't see past the gun flashes.

I actually learnt something yesterday. I learnt how to lie down lol!

Would be great if we could get woosaah playing when he gets back!

I am not too convinced about having a death limit when there is no radar as I think it encourages camping and is a disadvantage for those who are being aggressive and looking for the other people as they will tend to run into a trap. What tends to happen is that people will camp and it will go very quiet unless someone takes the initiative and ventures out.

I think having no radar with 4 or less people would only be good in the small maps. If the map is big and complex then it would be better to have radar.

I think I need a lot more praqctice with this game anyway lol!
I also think the secret to getting rid of the feedback problems is to have the volume from the TV coming through headphones.

right ok, ill buy this game next week on pay day, just cause i dont want to miss out.

i havnt played anything for a while so this would be fun.

we should have a gta4 meet up as well, even if GG cant make it still makes 3 of us. and i also need to get my mic sorted out as well.

Set up the input level to 2, apparently this should stop alot of the feedback because the mic is very sensitive and picks up every tiny noise.

Just finished playing COD4 with RadmanNZ....it was just the two of us...cool fun. We tried a fwe other games than just the usual free for all.

Gonna play again tonight if anyone on PS3 wants to join us....bokke..craig...woosaah?????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Jan 19 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just finished playing COD4 with RadmanNZ....it was just the two of us...cool fun. We tried a fwe other games than just the usual free for all.

Gonna play again tonight if anyone on PS3 wants to join us....bokke..craig...woosaah?????[/b]

Would love to but not got the game. Will be getting Killzone 2 so lets hook up on that. Dont forget Socom that will be another winner with Mic included.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jan 20 2009, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Jan 19 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gonna play again tonight if anyone on PS3 wants to join us....bokke..craig...woosaah?????[/b]

Would love to but not got the game. Will be getting Killzone 2 so lets hook up on that. Dont forget Socom that will be another winner with Mic included.
[/b][/quote]

I don't own it...but you can hire it out if you want to play with us haha....

Ha ha I am currently in Malta just below Italy and there are no game rental shops over here. You either buy or you dont play lol.

Any of the ps3 guys want to play too? I'm up for gaming with the kiwi guys and others if they want to play?

Im tempted to get this game just to play you guys. Although I have to admit I rented this game and did not like it, I really hate the scripted campaign battles. though I never played it online. Are the maps big/good? I might wait for killzone aswell then the competition will be even. I do prefer realistic settings that cod4 offers, but I fear it will be gathering dust for many when killzone arrives.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Feb 12 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Any of the ps3 guys want to play too? I'm up for gaming with the kiwi guys and others if they want to play?[/b]
Yep I can play during the weekend....just text me when.

4 or 5???????

Why not just make it a tournament maybe? Sunday night at 7.30pm maybe? Me, you, Woosaah & Radman. Ceejay could hire it and if Bokke new what time it was over there he could too? Just a thought. A TRF online Tourney with rep for grabs?

Im in japan ATM and believe it or not you cant hire games here. You can hire music cds from the video store, but not games. So I have to buy games cold. Ill have a nosy at how much its going for these days.

Japan is the high speed internet capital of the world so I shouldnt have any trouble or cause any with my connection.

So, who's keen for COD4 tonight? I haven't played in ages and am keen to get my arse kicked.

Latest posts