• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Puma Watch, Draggs and Ezequiel know nothing about South African rugby;

Griffons beat Border easily, scoring 7 tries including a hattrick for Martin Sithole. Griffons now 3rd, with only 4 points less than the kittens

I can't believe how badly Boland is doing, I mean a few years ago we were in the premier league, then that asshole Chester took over and we dropped to first div. I want to watch premier league games at Boland Stadium again :(

Quote of the week right here:

"If the match had been overseen by the police rather than referee Joey Salmans, the Pumas might have been charged with assault with intent to cause grevious bodily harm as they steamrolled the Eagles, a dominant pack and their powerful runners in the backline running amok."

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/cur...news/120915/Pumas_thump_Bulldogs_in_Nelspruit

backpain-1292835351.jpg

Looks like you could be mixing it with the big boys next season.
Do everybody a favour and beat EP, cheers.

Do two teams go up or is it just the one? I'm not sure we have time to catch the notsomighty usedtobelephantsbeforetheysoldouts.

Do two teams go up or is it just the one? I'm not sure we have time to catch the notsomighty usedtobelephantsbeforetheysoldouts.

I think it is one. Not sure if that has been changed this season with the revamp.

Wikipedia seems to think that the top team on the log qualifies for promotion only.
I'll see what I can find out.

The 4 teams play in the play-offs for the 1st Div. championship. The champion plays a promotion/relegation play off against the no. 6 of the Premier Division. That play off will be a 2-match round, home and away.

Damn, those two early losses could come back to haunt the Pumas.
Wonder who will be at the bottom of the Premier Division log come end of the season.
Bulls not looking good, but I think they might just be able to get a win when needed to pull themselves up.

The Bulls have been pretty dreadful last couple of seasons in CC rugby and have relied heavily on their returning Springboks at the business end to pull through. They won't have that this year with the shortened season and I could very much see them at the bottom but can't see them losing 2 games against either of the Pumas or Kings. Who knows, maybe the Kings can beat them well in PE to relegate them seeing as they'd be the team with the consistency and momentum if it panned out that way.

They should just make a clear rule that only players who participated in at least 4 reg. season matches can play in the play-offs. This is the same for other competitions. That way, we can see the talented youngsters who got their team in the play-offs in the first place, actually having a go for the Currie Cup.

Last season I was upset that all these Boks came back to play for the Sharks in the play-offs while guys like Burden, Herbst, Chadwick, Bresler, Coetzee and Ludik spend all their time and effort getting the team there.

Same should go for the promotion/relegation play-off.

They should just make a clear rule that only players who participated in at least 4 reg. season matches can play in the play-offs. This is the same for other competitions. That way, we can see the talented youngsters who got their team in the play-offs in the first place, actually having a go for the Currie Cup.

Last season I was upset that all these Boks came back to play for the Sharks in the play-offs while guys like Burden, Herbst, Chadwick, Bresler, Coetzee and Ludik spend all their time and effort getting the team there.

Same should go for the promotion/relegation play-off.
You should be. It cost your team two Currie Cups against inferior opponents. Plumtree will never learn will he? Using the talent you got in a combined team effort will always outperform those who rely on their individual abilities in stead of creating constructive synergy by merging their talents with the rest of the group.

Latest posts