• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quarter finals thread

No sympathy for Ghana. Everyone would have done what Suarez did, and if not, then more fool them.

Of course they would have done. Yet football is a game with real problems as a few people mentioned on the radio football is still a game where cheaters and bad examples are still in existence. I find it difficult to believe people who are condoning cheating of this sort. Blatter needs to sort football out pretty quick, sooner rule changes to include TV technology are introduce the better. I think if England would have been Ghana tonight I think the story would be a different one.

Last edited:
124085518.jpg

Offside. Debate irrelevant.

I don't personally think it's cheating either. And it's not like he got away with it. This has been going on for years and years. I've done it myself, I had no choice. The penalty was scored on that occasion, and my team lost. It also turned out to be my last game for that team. It had to be done. I feel far more sympathy for Suarez.

Had that happened to England I'd have wanted to rip his head off - but I would still have understood it and would still have done the same myself.

This wouldn't be a big issue if it wasn't Ghana. This pathetic, sycophantic love in has gone too far and by the time ten minutes had gone I was finding myself wanting the continent of Africa to NEVER have a world cup semi finalist.

No, the Dutch are the only Dutch in the tornement.

That comment is like saying "So, Ghana are the only African American's left in the tornement".

Between South Africa and Holland, there are more "van ders" then a retarded handyman convention.

Where does this unconditional adoration for African countries come from? The commentator last night also... Every time a Uruguayan defender pushed his opponent he was almost yelling but when it was the other way around he constantly said "No, that's no foul, he just walked into his opponent"

It makes me sick.

I am happy that Uruguay went through to the semis. Now my 2 favorite countries play eachother, Holland and Uruguay!!!

Where does this unconditional adoration for African countries come from? The commentator last night also... Every time a Uruguayan defender pushed his opponent he was almost yelling but when it was the other way around he constantly said "No, that's no foul, he just walked into his opponent"

It makes me sick.

I am happy that Uruguay went through to the semis.

Last edited by a moderator:
What? I really don't see anything the Dutch (including myself) and Afrikaners (including my wife) have in common other than a language which has the same roots but that is also the case with Germans, Romanians, Czechs and the Danish.

Germany 1-0 up at HT, playing solidly. Argentina look like they'll blow a gasket.

Worryingly, the Argentinians were flying back into that game and will be disappointed half time came when it did. It was another poor goal to give away and hilarious goalkeeping. The Germans do look very, very sharp on the break though again. Fingers crossed they'll weather the storm out and then ping them on the counter.

Germany will have a good chance to make it to the final. Tonight Spain - Paraguay. Germany is the nr. 1 favourite for me

Just heard the score on the way back from work:
WOOHOO!
Germany to win! (£140 in my pocket if they do :p )

Germany's fourth goal was beautiful. Perfect counterattack. Country should be very proud of that team - everyone playing with head and heart.

Going to have to watch the highlights later, apparently Klose had a good goal or something? (Kerrang really don't go into much detail in their results bit :p )

Germany were absolutely class today. I always enjoy watching Argentina fail, but that was seriously, seriously impressive today.

Spain currently having a hard time against Paraguay.

Latest posts