• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Question...

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche+Jan 13 2006, 09:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ride The Cliche @ Jan 13 2006, 09:45 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
@Jan 13 2006, 05:14 AM
How would everybody on this forum feel if they were given RUGBY 2005 again, but with the following;
  • Steps, Fends and Charges that ACTUALLY work
  • A sweet, sweet offload system that WON'T make things too easy
  • The best ball physics for kicking in ANY Rugby game to date?
  • Superb AI that actually goes for gaps and defends well
  • Very responsive Controls
  • tons of set plays that really work
  • No more animation problems, thus creating a fast, fluid game of Rugby
  • The perfect blend of Arcade action and simulation
  • A Brilliant "Star player" system that really can turn games
  • smooth, slick passing, including round the back passes and flick ons
  • A Great "TV Style" atmosphere, featuring highlights and replays during breaks in play
  • Quick penalties and quick lineouts?
  • Superb effects such as Steam coming off the players in the scrum during a frosty match
  • Plus lots lots more
<
I'd say that people defending the gameplay of RL2 would be doing some major backtracking in their high accessment of that game................... [/b]
We'll wait and see how it plays before we start pulling out the knives...
<

its the atmosphere that i love ..u can have a great rugby game but without the tv style..real style comentators stadiums etc doesnt work for me

with the release date only a month away ( if accruate ) there must be some tasty
footage coming our way soon ?????
<

Originally posted by disco123@Jan 13 2006, 08:13 PM
with the release date only a month away ( if accruate ) there must be some tasty
footage coming our way soon ?????
<
Thats very unlikely to happen. In fact it wont.

Sweet old Lionmaul is back haha. Dam that all sounds better then Christmas add online and I would be in heaven!!! All sounds promising really can`t wait for this bugger as I reckon 05 was close to being good just hoped they worked on rucks, mauls and better AI.
<

Locks you little flirty I reckon this is your favorite time of the year.

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 13 2006, 10:34 PM
what do you mean - there wont be any footage, or there release date is wrong.
Think the only footage you will see will be released by EA.

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 13 2006, 11:47 AM
until u see it it and play it, dont throw the lure to us fish in the sea

they said the same thing about 2004 and 2005

then u buy the game and u cant unlock the classic players like Eales n co

what EA say, if often not the case of what they do.

This little fishy stays under the rock, until u feed me with live bait.....i dont like lures still in its packaging.
<

edit: remember the manual rucks/mauls in 2004, and 2005...........I dont, but they claimed they existed...........bah!
Well SAid!!

It does sound good, however I will not get my hopes up, that way I won't be dissapointed if EA doesn't deliver and then I will simply wait for Rugby 2038!!

Everyone needs to keep their feet firmly on the ground, I can almost guarantee if anyone hype's this game up to the max they will be dissapointed. I was gutted with RL2 as I had built it up in my mind based on what SIDHE had achieved with the first RL.

I got a right kick in the dick when it came out
<

Locks I hope you are spot on this time as you know you are a bit of a push over when a game first comes out
<
and later reality sets in and then
<
after extended game play. But man I just read what you said again and as usual I can`t help but get excited again!!

Originally posted by TheBokke@Jan 14 2006, 05:47 AM
Locks I hope you are spot on this time as you know you are a bit of a push over when a game first comes out
<
<
after extended game play. But man I just read what you said again and as usual I can`t help but get excited again!!
Lox gets excited when the ice cream man comes, so make of that what you will
<

Got to love old Lox thats why I love this forum people always stay true to form!

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 14 2006, 06:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 14 2006, 06:34 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TheBokke
@Jan 14 2006, 05:47 AM
<
<
Lox gets excited when the ice cream man comes, so make of that what you will
<
[/b]

I have had that impression for quite a while. He's the best at bringing us new info, and for that we should be grateful, but his hype is still a little bit over the mark, to the tune of 15-20% most times.

Hey, I would be excited too, if I got access to the info he has.

Whether he's right or wrong about games guys, for your own good don't you think you should always downplay your hopes for a game by about that much?

It softens the blow as that punch comes flying into your guts on release day.

Were u could say lox is gilty of overhype maybe I could be found guilty of underhype. Lox is just a very enthusiastic rugby gamer like me. Where we differ is lox backs his enthisiasm up by putting a lot of work into bringing others info via forums and his website.

Well, as far as I'm concerned he does great work for the forum and regardless of what I've said I have a lot of respect for him.

As does nearly everyone I'd imagine.

Latest posts