• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Questions reference Rugby Team Manager 2015

Loving the new updates save thanks alot .. will there be any more updates ?

Hi Guys, First I'd like to say I've always enjoyed these rugby managers games even the rugby league one, I'm really glad the editor was made available as I love to customize every aspect of the game to my liking. My questions are:

Is there a way to add international teams and nationalities to the game in anyway?
Can I edit the structure of a competition to suit custom comps?

If these questions have been answered already I'm sorry I've tried to find them but couldn't. Thanks

Absolutely loving the game (wife not so much is now gaming widow) just couple quick questions sorry if they've been answered before...
On job offer news how do you actually see the jobs on offer and apply?
With the colts how do you find out how to send colt academy player back down to colts once he's been promoted? I've needed props but had already done recruitment drive for month...
Thanks for the great game so far ;-)

Hi

We are really pleased that you are enjoying the game, please spread the word.

The editor can be used to change the names of all the existing competitions, all the clubs and all players. Plus you can also change the player attributes.
Although it cannot be used to increase the number of teams or change a competition structure.
I hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards
Dave

Hi Guys, First I'd like to say I've always enjoyed these rugby managers games even the rugby league one, I'm really glad the editor was made available as I love to customize every aspect of the game to my liking. My questions are:

Is there a way to add international teams and nationalities to the game in anyway?
Can I edit the structure of a competition to suit custom comps?

If these questions have been answered already I'm sorry I've tried to find them but couldn't. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Great to hear you are loving the game ( I do hope your wife is very understanding :) ) Please tell your friends about the game.

In answer to your questions:-
Jobs are offered on the dates displayed in Manager -> Job Offer Dates.
The offers are displayed in Manager -> Profile where they can be accepted or declined.
Representative and International posts run through the season and concurrently with the domestic position.
Domestic job offers are received at the end of the current season.

Once a colts player has accepted a senior contract and been promoted to the senior squads, they cannot return to the colts.
If you are short of players in the colts, and you have already done a recruitment drive for this month, colts players can be purchased
from Recruitment -> Players -> Colts Players.

I hope this is helpful

Kind Regards
Dave

Absolutely loving the game (wife not so much is now gaming widow) just couple quick questions sorry if they've been answered before...
On job offer news how do you actually see the jobs on offer and apply?
With the colts how do you find out how to send colt academy player back down to colts once he's been promoted? I've needed props but had already done recruitment drive for month...
Thanks for the great game so far ;-)

Hi Dave,

After editing a fair bit on a roster Changing the Welsh leagues into USA leagues It now totally freezes when I try load the save slot....Is there anyway to fix this problem or do you know why this would of occurred? I don't plan on playing the game if I can't edit it is all. I haven't altered anything but names caliber and attributes...Any idea how to get it to load? Thanks

Hi

Let us see if we can help.
Please upload the editor file to :-

http://www.example-site.co.uk/GameUpload.html

Kind Regards
Dave

Hi Dave,

After editing a fair bit on a roster Changing the Welsh leagues into USA leagues It now totally freezes when I try load the save slot....Is there anyway to fix this problem or do you know why this would of occurred? I don't plan on playing the game if I can't edit it is all. I haven't altered anything but names caliber and attributes...Any idea how to get it to load? Thanks

Hi
We found your problem the fix will be in tomorrow evening's update.

You had heavily edited the clubs, changing many nationalities to USA, so much so it interfered with the British Army selection process. Sorted now anyway.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards
Dave

Hi

Let us see if we can help.
Please upload the editor file to :-

http://www.example-site.co.uk/GameUpload.html

Kind Regards
Dave

Thanks Dave, do I manually download the update from steam? How will me doing this impact the game? If I edit other competitions the same way will it keep happening?

Also is there any plans to have a world cup qualifying process with other international teams added?

Hi

You do not have to do anything manually, updates via Steam are automatic, when you go online.

When editing there needs to be enough players left from each nationality to fill the international teams.
So if you did make every single player's nationality USA, this will cause problems ( as well as being rather odd :) )

But if it's just a few leagues there'll be enough players from other leagues to fill the international teams, so you'll be fine.

In the future we will be looking at making more international teams.

Thanks Dave, do I manually download the update from steam? How will me doing this impact the game? If I edit other competitions the same way will it keep happening?

Also is there any plans to have a world cup qualifying process with other international teams added?

Thanks Dave will love having an expanded international competition

Good to hear on the updates Dave I left the game alone and will take a look again today to see how it goes.

Main question again, it wasn't answered last time. I'm not sure why but I didn't overly mind.

Is there a chance for the game to change to unlimited seasons?

I think it would be useful because it's very hard to take a team like Bournemouth to the top league and stay there which is a shame.

Any chance for a reply on this :)?

Regards,

Mark

Good to hear on the updates Dave I left the game alone and will take a look again today to see how it goes.

Main question again, it wasn't answered last time. I'm not sure why but I didn't overly mind.

I think it would be useful because it's very hard to take a team like Bournemouth to the top league and stay there which is a shame.

Regards,

Mark

I'd also like to know about this and whether there are any editor changes planned? It is still very much a game geared to the European leagues and I'd like to be able to alter some competition structures to rectify this. The unlicensed name thing is not a problem, as it is easy to change.

As a new player I'm loving the game so far. I'd also be keen to find out about the possibility of opening the game up beyond 15 years so that it had no end date. This would be very popular as the limit does make the possibilities seem very restricted.

Also, is it possible to add in weather elements like wind and rain, etc. if you had the direction of wind it would make it more realistic and you would need to be tactical (kick more when with the wind, run more against). Also wet weather would add a realism element. You may the choose to play more negative when wet (as more knock ins etc) and more expansive when dry. Otherwise every match is a little similar.

One small fix would be stopping the fact that a half or the game ends when a penalty is kicked into touch. Teams kick the ball into touch with 3 minutes to go but then there isn't time for the line out. Could this be fixed?

The game is really good so far and could be fantastic. It's not very well known so you will need to make sure that rugby fans find out about it. Post on rugby club message boards and look to sell through the premiership clubs to their season ticket holders - they will love this game! Also, with the rugby World Cup in England coming up soon it could be the perfect springboard for the game.

This has so much potential and loving it so far. Particularly loving the ability to choose plays in game. It adds such a great tactical element.

One thing that is lacking is financial information in the game. I would love to see more information like with football manager. Even though you can't do much about it, it's good to see if you're making/losing money, what incomes and expenditures are for different things. That way you know that if you save on money this season you might have more next season etc. also it would be useful to know prize money for different competitions, etc. and be told what the attendances are (this in turn would impact finances)

Many thanks for all your positive comments, we are really pleased that you are enjoying the game. Please do tell your friends about Rugby Union Team Manager 2015.
We certainly appreciate your ideas and we will be looking at these for the future of the game.

As a new player I'm loving the game so far. I'd also be keen to find out about the possibility of opening the game up beyond 15 years so that it had no end date. This would be very popular as the limit does make the possibilities seem very restricted.

Also, is it possible to add in weather elements like wind and rain, etc. if you had the direction of wind it would make it more realistic and you would need to be tactical (kick more when with the wind, run more against). Also wet weather would add a realism element. You may the choose to play more negative when wet (as more knock ins etc) and more expansive when dry. Otherwise every match is a little similar.

One small fix would be stopping the fact that a half or the game ends when a penalty is kicked into touch. Teams kick the ball into touch with 3 minutes to go but then there isn't time for the line out. Could this be fixed?

The game is really good so far and could be fantastic. It's not very well known so you will need to make sure that rugby fans find out about it. Post on rugby club message boards and look to sell through the premiership clubs to their season ticket holders - they will love this game! Also, with the rugby World Cup in England coming up soon it could be the perfect springboard for the game.

This has so much potential and loving it so far. Particularly loving the ability to choose plays in game. It adds such a great tactical element.

One thing that is lacking is financial information in the game. I would love to see more information like with football manager. Even though you can't do much about it, it's good to see if you're making/losing money, what incomes and expenditures are for different things. That way you know that if you save on money this season you might have more next season etc. also it would be useful to know prize money for different competitions, etc. and be told what the attendances are (this in turn would impact finances)

- - - Updated - - -

Just not at present, but we will be looking at this for the future.

Kind Regards
Dave

Regards,

Mark

Is there an option to choose what your full back does when he receives kicks?mine always wants to run it back and most times I get penalised for holding on...it's quite annoying especially in tight games where 3 points can make difference... An option to kick for touch,up and under or just run would make it easier...thanks still enjoying game

Also how can you defend opposition scrum moves?my players have habit of pressing forward but leaving massive hole for them to exploit.Any way to tighten up defence on this? Sorry for rant ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Just not at present, but we will be looking at this for the future.

Kind Regards
Dave

Hi Dave,
I would also LOVE the "unlimited seasons" to be implemented!!! The limited number of seasons is the main "issue" I have with the game (which I really like btw), so it would definitely be my very first wish for a next update :)
Thanks and regards,
Pierre

Hello,
I have noticed an issue with the editor, when changing club`s nationalities: I have started changing one of the lower australian leagues into an argentine division, the other one into a USA/canada, so that I have cubs from those countries in the game.
So I changed a few clubs and then ran the game for a try to see if it works allright. At first, all seems to work, changes are all there. But once I saved the game and quit, then relaoded it, the clubs have all changed back to their original nationalites. It always happens after the game was first saved, wheras all the other editor changes (club names, players nationalities etc...) remain. I hope I have explained this clearly enough...
And big thanks too the developers for the recent updates and the ongoing support.