• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quota Players Ruining Rugby!

rugbywriter

Academy Player
This "transformation" kak is going a bit too far. You don't have to dig deep to find out that Peter de Villiers hates whites, but he's going a bit over board now. Whenever he gets the chance, he throws in a colourd. Never mind a black. He's bias towards colourds. While Ralepelle and Maku remain token political selections, all the other quota players are colourd, not black.

I am not at all insulting colourds. I am simply calling PDV a racist. First of all, lets look at last years E-O-Y-T. South Africa without question have the most depth with loose forwards in the world. So many quality players to choose from, this is deffinitely our best position. Which guys make it last year? Ashley Johnson and Davon Raubenheimer. Two colourds. I realise they were mid-week tourists, but there are much better guys that deserve the experience. Look at scrumhalf now. Ricky Januarie is now scrumhalf in Fourie du Preez's absence. Despite not being first choice at the Stormers, Ricky Januarie and his colourdness effortlessly makes his way into the Springbok team. This despite having guys like Duvenhage, Sarel Pretorious, Francois Hougaard and Jano Vermaak at our disposal. Ricky Januarie starting at scrumhalf is a blatantly racist selection.

You know what, let's look at Ralepeele and Maku. Maku is second choice at the Bulls. Ralepelle is third choice and playing Vodacom Cup. They both make it, and white Gary Botha, the first choice, does not. That is spitting in the face of whites its so racist. The only reason Gary Botha didn't make it is because he's white. The only reason Tiaan Liebenberg didn't make it is because he's white. The only reason Adriaan Strauss didn't make it is because he's white.

Who can forget the infamous Earl Rose saga? PDV didn't like him because he thinks he's talented, PDV likes Rose because he's tired of there never being a flyhalf who is of colour. Surely no one can dispute that Earl Rose is one of the biggest embarrasments to SA rugby. He made the Springbok squad last year but he couldn't even make the Lions match 22 this year. He's not good enough to get into a team that didn't win any Super14 games, yet aparently he's good enough to make the Springboks. I know he's not in the team now, but didn't PDV once say "Earl Rose will be the best flyhalf in South Africa"?What happened to that Div? Was your hatred of whites blinding you so that you couldn't see how useless Earl Rose is.

Fine, Juan de Jongh and Gio Aplon are playing well, but look at how quickly they were given their chance. As soon as the colourds show the slightest bit of form, they're in. Yet guys like Riaan Viljoen, Gerhard van den Heever and Francois Hougaard have to miss the cut because of their whiteness. Aplon won't last. I'm very happy he's playing so well but he weighs 75kkg's, he's 27 years old and been playing sevens till now. The bottom line is, he wouldn't have been playing sevens for so long if he was really Springbok worthy. The problem is that guys that small have to be at their very best all the time in order to be good. If they're not at their best, they'll get smashed. The same goes for De Jongh. He has lots of skill, but absolutely zero physicality. Guys like van den Heever and Riaan Viljoen deserved the chance a bit more.

Zane Kirchner. Need I even explain what a racist selection this is? This is just a clear example of how PDV hates whites. Fine, he had Frans Steyn in last year but that's only because the COLOURD Conrad Jantjies was injured. So, according to PDV, If it isn't Janjties, its Kirchner, if it's not Kirchner, it's Rose. Clearly Div has his mind made up that he wants a colourd fullback.

And Bjorn Basson? Really? Are you kidding me? He's not a bad player, but we have sooooooo much better! I can't believe he made the match 22! Actually, I can believe it - he's colourd.

And mark my words, when Ralepelle becomes captain, I am officially an AB supporter.

whats wrong with Zane Kirchner? who else is there? Viljoen didn't even play much this s14 season kirchner was always going to be the choice, even though i don't like him he was decent for the Bulls this season.

and Ricky Januarie is a good player and has already proven himself at springbok level, i think he was a good selection even if he wasn't first choice for stormers. with Du Preez injured Januarie is SA's second most experienced halfback available i think, and its not as if he's a bad player

Last edited by a moderator:
What's wrong with Zane Kirchner is that he kicks the ball away all the time. Who else is there? Uh......FRANCOIS STEYN.

Your evaluation of Januarie proves how illogical you are. Because he did one good thing against the All Blacks, you think it nullifies the fact that 99% of his career he's been completely useless. If you think he's the next best scrumhalf then there's probably no point in arguing with you. Carlos Spencer is very experienced. Do you want the All Blacks to put him in? How can you possibly think that Januarie is better then Sarel Pretorious or Dewaldt Duvenhage or Francois Hougaard? If he couldn't even start for the Stormer's, he's obviously not better then these guys.You talk about experience, but the point is, he's fat, slow and horrible on defence. So do you feel that we should put in guys who are old and off form over guys who are young, quick and very in form?

People better then Januarie:
Sarel Pretorious
Dewaldt Duvenhage
Jano Vermaak
Francois Hougaard
Rory Kockott
Ruan Pienaar

People better then Kirchner:
Frans Steyn
Riaan Viljoen
Louis Ludik
Joe Pietersen (Not the best but I'd much rather have him then Kirchner)

Or they can put Aplon at fullback and van den Heever at wing

Look at Riaan Viljoen's try against the Sharks. Would Zane Kirchner ever in a million years pull that off?

What's wrong with Zane Kirchner is that he kicks the ball away all the time. Who else is there? Uh......FRANCOIS STEYN.

you're joking right? the same francois steyn whos addicted to missing drop goals he never needed to make? sorry but i can't agree there.

Your evaluation of Januarie proves how illogical you are. Because he did one good thing against the All Blacks, you think it nullifies the fact that 99% of his career he's been completely useless. If you think he's the next best scrumhalf then there's probably no point in arguing with you. Carlos Spencer is very experienced. Do you want the All Blacks to put him in?
no because he's obviously out of his prime, what a stupid argument. and i don't see how you can say Januarie's career has been useless, he's played great for the springboks. and i never said that one try meant he was the best scrum half ever, it was just an example of what a good player he is

How can you possibly think that Januarie is better then Sarel Pretorious or Dewaldt Duvenhage or Francois Hougaard?
umm dude.... francois plays on the wing unless theres another guy called Francois Hougaard you're talking about

Sarel Pretorious
Dewaldt Duvenhage
Jano Vermaak
Francois Hougaard
Rory Kockott
Ruan Pienaar
you can argue for Ruan Pienaar who is in the team, but the others who the hell are they?? and again doesn't francois hougaard play on the wing?

Frans Steyn
Riaan Viljoen
Louis Ludik

i don't agree, frans steyn is crap imo, viljoen is good but he's not that much better than kirchner if at all. i think kirchner is being picked for potential

Last edited:
Sarel Pretorious
Dewaldt Duvenhage
Jano Vermaak
Francois Hougaard
Rory Kockott
Ruan Pienaar

Frans Steyn
Riaan Viljoen
Louis Ludik

All of those people you have listed as "better than the coloureds" are white. Surely there is some depth amongst black or coloured players in the Republic? Granted all those mentioned are very good players, yet there must be a coloured or black player in South Africa that has earnt his spot, no?

This "transformation" kak is going a bit too far. You don't have to dig deep to find out that Peter de Villiers hates whites, but he's going a bit over board now. Whenever he gets the chance, he throws in a colourd. Never mind a black. He's bias towards colourds. While Ralepelle and Maku remain token political selections, all the other quota players are colourd, not black.

I am not at all insulting colourds. I am simply calling PDV a racist. First of all, lets look at last years E-O-Y-T. South Africa without question have the most depth with loose forwards in the world. So many quality players to choose from, this is deffinitely our best position. Which guys make it last year? Ashley Johnson and Davon Raubenheimer. Two colourds. I realise they were mid-week tourists, but there are much better guys that deserve the experience. Look at scrumhalf now. Ricky Januarie is now scrumhalf in Fourie du Preez's absence. Despite not being first choice at the Stormers, Ricky Januarie and his colourdness effortlessly makes his way into the Springbok team. This despite having guys like Duvenhage, Sarel Pretorious, Francois Hougaard and Jano Vermaak at our disposal. Ricky Januarie starting at scrumhalf is a blatantly racist selection.

You know what, let's look at Ralepeele and Maku. Maku is second choice at the Bulls. Ralepelle is third choice and playing Vodacom Cup. They both make it, and white Gary Botha, the first choice, does not. That is spitting in the face of whites its so racist. The only reason Gary Botha didn't make it is because he's white. The only reason Tiaan Liebenberg didn't make it is because he's white. The only reason Adriaan Strauss didn't make it is because he's white.

Who can forget the infamous Earl Rose saga? PDV didn't like him because he thinks he's talented, PDV likes Rose because he's tired of there never being a flyhalf who is of colour. Surely no one can dispute that Earl Rose is one of the biggest embarrasments to SA rugby. He made the Springbok squad last year but he couldn't even make the Lions match 22 this year. He's not good enough to get into a team that didn't win any Super14 games, yet aparently he's good enough to make the Springboks. I know he's not in the team now, but didn't PDV once say "Earl Rose will be the best flyhalf in South Africa"?What happened to that Div? Was your hatred of whites blinding you so that you couldn't see how useless Earl Rose is.

Fine, Juan de Jongh and Gio Aplon are playing well, but look at how quickly they were given their chance. As soon as the colourds show the slightest bit of form, they're in. Yet guys like Riaan Viljoen, Gerhard van den Heever and Francois Hougaard have to miss the cut because of their whiteness. Aplon won't last. I'm very happy he's playing so well but he weighs 75kkg's, he's 27 years old and been playing sevens till now. The bottom line is, he wouldn't have been playing sevens for so long if he was really Springbok worthy. The problem is that guys that small have to be at their very best all the time in order to be good. If they're not at their best, they'll get smashed. The same goes for De Jongh. He has lots of skill, but absolutely zero physicality. Guys like van den Heever and Riaan Viljoen deserved the chance a bit more.

Zane Kirchner. Need I even explain what a racist selection this is? This is just a clear example of how PDV hates whites. Fine, he had Frans Steyn in last year but that's only because the COLOURD Conrad Jantjies was injured. So, according to PDV, If it isn't Janjties, its Kirchner, if it's not Kirchner, it's Rose. Clearly Div has his mind made up that he wants a colourd fullback.

And Bjorn Basson? Really? Are you kidding me? He's not a bad player, but we have sooooooo much better! I can't believe he made the match 22! Actually, I can believe it - he's colourd.

And mark my words, when Ralepelle becomes captain, I am officially an AB supporter.

I could go through this point by point. But i can't really be bothered, and it would be easier to just express my overall sentiment;

Dear rugbywriter,

I think you are a bit of a ********.

Love, Ranger.

I don't know what the problem is with the slection policy in South Africa, and why it causes so much bother. Its simple the coach should just pick whoever is playing the best in each position, black or white, and if it ended up that 14/15 players in the starting line-up were white and one black or vice-versa then so be it. At least you'd have the peace of mind knowing that it is your best possible team. Colour shouldn't come into it, if a player is playing well then he should be picked, regardless of colour.

Ah Michael, in an ideal world I'd be dating Megan Fox. :)

I highly doubt that PdV "hates" white people, his actions with Juan Smith and his defense of Schalk Burger clearly proves that. Sure he is an idiot, and yes there are many scrumhalves better than Januarie and I totally agree that Kirchner is not the perfect international fullback for us.

But PdV hating white players...?

You've got the lion by the wrong end of the penis there my friend.

you're joking right? the same francois steyn whos addicted to missing drop goals he never needed to make? sorry but i can't agree there.

no because he's obviously out of his prime, what a stupid argument. and i don't see how you can say Januarie's career has been useless, he's played great for the springboks. and i never said that one try meant he was the best scrum half ever, it was just an example of what a good player he is

umm dude.... francois plays on the wing unless theres another guy called Francois Hougaard you're talking about

you can argue for Ruan Pienaar who is in the team, but the others who the hell are they?? and again doesn't francois hougaard play on the wing?

i don't agree, frans steyn is crap imo, viljoen is good but he's not that much better than kirchner if at all. i think kirchner is being picked for potential

Shows how little you know about rugby. I shouldn't even be arguing with you. Francois Hougaard is a scrumhalf. He plays on the wing because he's a great utility back. His prime position though is scrumhalf.

All of those people you have listed as "better than the coloureds" are white. Surely there is some depth amongst black or coloured players in the Republic? Granted all those mentioned are very good players, yet there must be a coloured or black player in South Africa that has earnt his spot, no?

Well not at scrumhalf and fullback. Januarie probably is the best scrumhalf of colour and the same goes for Kirchner at fullback. The reason for this is because 90% of the rugby lovers here are white. Don't get me wrong, its awesome when we do produce a good player of colour. Look at Paulse, Deon Kayser, and of course Bryan Habana. BUt whites just have a much bigger love for the sport and are exposed to it much more from a younger age. So unfortunately, no there isn't alot of depth with players of colour - not at the moment.

Well not at scrumhalf and fullback. Januarie probably is the best scrumhalf of colour and the same goes for Kirchner at fullback. The reason for this is because 90% of the rugby lovers here are white. Don't get me wrong, its awesome when we do produce a good player of colour. Look at Paulse, Deon Kayser, and of course Bryan Habana. BUt whites just have a much bigger love for the sport and are exposed to it much more from a younger age. So unfortunately, no there isn't alot of depth with players of colour - not at the moment.

You are actually, the biggest moron.

There is a move to get more black and coloured players into top level, visible positions in South African rugby.
Now look at your comment.
Do you see some sort of correlation here?

Ahh i see, PDV hates white people. got it. That answer makes the most sense.

There is a move to get more black and coloured players into top level, visible positions in South African rugby.

The players should be developed at the lower levels first. Its unfair that they get to make the Springboks just because they are of colour.

And by the way you little prick, I'd love to see you run your mouth at me when you don't have your computer screen to hide behind.

Its fine to have your own opinions, but when you call people a ******** and a moron it just shows how your parents raised you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, ranger, please stop the insults. I don't agree with how rugbywriter dismisses all opinions that don't agree with his own, and how he will then insult people's knowledge of rugby, even if they probably know much more. However calling him names will not solve the problem. Neither will arguing with him, because it will just make it worse.

It's the timeless saying, never argue with an idiot, first they'll drag you down to their level, and then they'll beat you with experience. (I'm not calling rugbywriter an idiot, I'm just pointing out it is futile to argue, as it will bring out the worst in you). It is better if you state that you don't agree, make your point and leave it at that.

I do believe that players selection should always be based on the talent of a player, and not the colour of his skin, which is I'm sure what rugbywriter is trying to say. However, the whites are a huge minority in South Africa and it would improve South African rugby if it was more exposed to blacks. This should be done on a grass root level in my opinion, as the more it is promoted in black areas, and acknowledged as a national sport, not just a white sport, the better this will help rugby advance in South Africa. This is where the problem with rugbywriter's philosophy is. Yes, rugby is more loved my white people on average, and that is a fact. But in order to change that, you have to give black South African's a reason to care about the sport, and if that means seeing more black faces on TV, then in the long run it could be good, despite the current affection white South African's have for the sport.

Ricky in my opinion (which will undoubtably be wrong and ignorent according to rugbywriter), played suprisingly well for South Africa in their last test, and I thought his defence was very good, his passing was pretty good and his timing was also very good. He does lack the play making aspect that du Preez brings, but to say he is the most qualified scrum half in South Africa I think is pretty fair. I'm sure there will be a conscious effort not to breed to many new players as well, as you want experience of big games come the RWC.

As I have mentioned however, I do think you have to select players based on non racial virtues, however I think he is being a little unfair of some of the current coloured players in South Africa, who show plenty of promise and will be at their peak come the RWC. I agree that Kirshner is poor, he can kick a ball, and isn't bad at catching it on the chase, but he does lack all creativity from a fullback. Selecting from overseas will still be seen as a second resort to overseas based players, and I think that that's for the best, as it gives players a reason to stay in South Africa (but that is a different argument).

rugbywriter, please stop calling people stupid, ignorent or unknowledgable about rugby because their opinions don't coincide with your own. It is good you have conviction in your posts, but when you dismiss other people who are probably equally passionate about their opinions, it will lead to people being annoyed and it will lead to yet another argument. Too many posts of yours lead to name calling, and while it probably isn't all your fault, you do yourself no favours. Just accept that people will have different views, and if you have evidence which contradicts them that isn't opinion based, feel free to present it in a mature and friendly fashion which won't cause another argument.

The name calling has got out of hand, and I'm sure no one will come off better for this. Just think people when you post, 'other than the small gratification I'll get from calling some one a tosser/prick or what ever, how will this reflect on me as a member? will I be better off for it?'.

Last edited:
Personally I agree with Rugbywriter. There are far too many Munster players in the national squad who are picked due to their background rather than their skill levels. Seriously, Peter Stringer? Marcus Horan? Ian Dowling? It's a disgrace! Ruining rugby is an understatement!

The players should be developed at the lower levels first. Its unfair that they get to make the Springboks just because they are of colour.

I could show you that logically it actually makes alot of sense, but i doubt you would understand it. Even then you wouldn't let logic get in the way of your own opinions.

rugbywriter said:
And by the way you little prick, I'd love to see you run your mouth at me when you don't have your computer screen to hide behind.

HAHA.

rugbywriter said:
Its fine to have your own opinions, but when you call people a ******** and a moron it just shows how your parents raised you

Judging by the way you act and the opinions you carry, your parents have done a pretty poor job themselves. Luckily the same evidence points to the fact that they still have around 6 years to fix up their shoddy work.

Edit: Sorry Nick, couldn't help myself. That will be the last from me.

Last edited:

Latest posts