• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

R.I.P Anthony Foley 1973-2016

Hope his family and friends cope.

Rest in Peace.

Christ, really!? Only 42!

What a tragic loss for his family and friends, Irish and Munster Rugby and fans.

I was at the Chiefs-Clermont game today when they had a minutes silence. Far too many disrespectful people on their phones during it, disgusted me.

R.I.P to a legend.

Dreadful news - really shocked me. Also - how time flies - couldn't believe that his last game against England (which Ireland won) was as long ago as 2005, which means he must have retired from international Rugby when only 31. Gone too soon - far, far too soon.
Mike

Devastating for his family, Shannon, Limerick, Munster, Ireland and the World Rugby community, we shall miss one of the great characters of the game. the word legend is used far to often when describing sportsmen, Anthony Foley however was a real legend. RIP Axel

A good man who stood for everything good in rugby. Not just for Munster but rugby in general. Very sad few days and flight home Sunday with his dad Brendan on board was the most sombre trip I've ever made.
Funeral Thursday night and Friday in his beloved Killaloe.

Sad to see Mick Galwey had his 50th last weekend and everyone showed even the Bull Hayes who never shows and it was the last time all that crew got to see Axel. Hard to think it's just over 10 years he achieved his dream and now is gone.
RIP to a true great but more so a friend off the field who was always wise with words and help.

RIP AF deepest sympathy to all his family, friends, Munster RFC. and all the Munstermen, and anyone involved in our great sport, he will be sadly missed.

Latest posts