• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Cups Champions' League - Guinness Pro 14 - Semi Finals and European Qualifier

Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
ultimaterugby.com/pro-14-2017-2018/matches
Glasgow v Scarlets - A mouth watering tie here as the best regular season side host the champs. Glasgow will want to discard the form they hit having locked up their conference and see off Scarlets who have a point to prove. I honestly don't know how anyone could call this, with both teams having plenty to prove as well as wanting to send off some club heroes in style... Scarlets to scrape it based on a marginally better squad, I might change my mind come team announcements.

The Champions of Europe v Munster - It has been 8 years since Leinster and Munster played in the RDS, back then Munster had twice as many European Cups as Leinster, both had disappointing Heineken Cup semi final exits to strong French sides, Munster to a masterclass by a savvy French 9 too, so while a lot changes some stuff stays the same. Leinster won that one in a cagey but ultimately comfortable affair, I'd like to see that repeated or bettered but Leinster are 0 for 2 the week after a European win, one of those to Munster, the other in the RDS. A lot to play for for both sided personally too, I'm sure Munster would take great joy in retiring Fijian Jesus, the man who has caused them so much trouble in the past whereas Leinster would undoubtedly like to send Zego on his merry way after he made no secret in wanting his soon to be employers to soften his neighbours up. Head says Ster, Heart says Ster, I'll be there shouting for Ster like a lunatic, Isa deserves this!

Ulster v Ospreys - I think its on this week, it doesn't deserve to be in the finals thread if its on the week after, please make sure to use small font when discussing it so we know not to care.

I could see Leinsters attendance suffering pretty badly if they don't have the Royal Wedding on one of the big screens during the match.
Not sure how the game will turn out. Leinster on paper obviously but also wouldn't be very surprised to see us win. Leinster sure to have some knocks. Pretty sure even Irelands second best Auckland Blues curly headed back three import took on a knock on Saturday.
Think Taute may be back for us. Not sure. He does so much in defence though it would be nice to have them.
Hahahahahahaha Ulster mum gay

For all talk on Munster attendances. Leinster are European champions going for double. Munster have taken 4.5k tickets meaning out of 12 counties they can shift 15k tickets. No2 I know there is other things on but that was laughed at when in Munster.

FWIW seems Sexton Henshaw Nacewa McGrath and Furlong are doubts.
Would take all of it with a big pinch of salt though

Would love to see Leinster add 5 platinum stars under the crest to signify their soon to be 5 Celtic League / Pro 12 / Pro 14 ***les to go with 4 gold stars as European champions.

Huge game this week. The extra week prep and weekend not on the **** should level things up between the sides. Can see the Leinster v Munster game go either way. Too close to call.

Yes Munster sold 4k but sales still only at 14-15k. Leinster had tickets on public sale before returns. You'd have thought as I said they'd be like gold dust. Even now still bucket loads.
Hence the part "additional" it just means more options for spots. But agree from both sides of desperate turnout. And not a dig at Leinster just thought fact they riding a wave it'd be an easy sell twice over

Wasn't showing up any available for me the other day, but then again Ticketmaster is a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

Wasn't showing up any available for me the other day, but then again Ticketmaster is a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
Must have been your PC as they were on public sale ages. MRSC members were giving out about it as they got first dibs and were only allowed 2 per member. But these were in corners and what not. Then an email came offering public sale and allowed up to 6 per purchase in central areas. That's how I know so much on it. It's well documented

Not hugely excited for this regardless. If our back row plays like they have been recently we'll be laughed off the park. They've been slow to breakdowns and rarely get over the ball. Cost us very badly v Racing. Also need to sort out the defence in backline.

Not hugely excited for this regardless. If our back row plays like they have been recently we'll be laughed off the park. They've been slow to breakdowns and rarely get over the ball. Cost us very badly v Racing. Also need to sort out the defence in backline.
Have seen lads in training and well we are flat. Simply burnt out. We will put up fight Saturday but won't win

Glasgow v Scarlets should be a cracker in the glorious sunshine (I wish more of the season was played in the summer months!). Both teams will go out to win, which could result in tries galore.

I'm expecting Leinster to be too strong for an underwhelming Munster side, but it could prove difficult for Leinster to get themselves properly fired up again after Europe, not to mention a few injuries.

I'm certainly hoping for a Leinster v Scarlets rematch back at the Aviva to see if Scarlets can avenge the mauling they took in Europe! Imo they are the best 2 sides in the comp, although an away semi v Glasgow is a difficult prospect, especially if Glasgow can find their very best form again after a slight end of season dip.

Eric Berry reffing us. Fairly poor ref from the little I've seen. Saw some mong on 42 saying we'd be favoured by him because we have a Saffa coach and will have a couple (2?) saffers playing. Hope so anyway.

Eric Berry reffing us. Fairly poor ref from the little I've seen. Saw some mong on 42 saying we'd be favoured by him because we have a Saffa coach and will have a couple (2?) saffers playing. Hope so anyway.

Hey he's beaten cancer and come back from some really serious injuries to be a great player and the heart of the Kansas City Chiefs.* So don't disrespect him like that.

*May or may not be the same Eric Berry.

Scarlets with problems in the back three and missing JD2 will still have too much for Glasgow I think. As great a coach as he is it seems Rennie is struggling to fire a rocket up Glasgow in recent weeks.

Munster were pancake-esque a fortnight ago and I reckon Leinster will be able to toss them without too much trouble.

Alternatively I am thinking of Stuart Berry.

I thought you Irish had a longstanding history of picking Berrys. Amateur! :p

We're ****. So don't really deserve to be in the Heineken Cup. About the only saving grace we have is that Ospreys are equally ****. So we might squeak through. I'm just happy this season is nearly over.

Gutted to be missing this. Isa's last match at the RDS if he's fit and the first time we're playing Munster there in 8 years. Despite all this being a fairly irrelevant added-on bit to Leinster's season compared to Munster's entire season, this Munster team are much worse than the teams that beat us in 2011 and 2012. It's a worry but if we play at all well we shouldn't lose.

Scarlets to win the other semi. Glasgow seem to have lost form at the wrong time of the season.

Ulster are hopeless. Ospreys equally hopeless though. I hope Ulster win for all the ex-Leinster players that'll be there next year but not qualifying for Europe would be a much-needed kick up the **** for Ulster.

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Joey Carbery (35)
14. Jordan Larmour (20)
13. Garry Ringrose (48)
12. Isa Nacewa (183) CAPTAIN
11. James Lowe (11)
10. Ross Byrne (48)
9. Luke McGrath (93)
1. Jack McGrath (131)
2. Seán Cronin (151)
3. Tadhg Furlong (82)
4. Devin Toner (216)
5. James Ryan (13)
6. Rhys Ruddock (140)
7. Jordi Murphy (105)
8. Jack Conan (72)

16. James Tracy (64)
17. Cian Healy (189)
18. Andrew Porter (28)
19. Scott Fardy (20)
20. Max Deegan (20)
21. Nick McCarthy (26)
22. Rory O'Loughlin (40)
23. Barry Daly (26)

Tasty enough. The common folk will be up in arms about JC at 15 though.

Latest posts