• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Raising money for TRF

Conal: Does that mean you haven't even got a bank account? I had my first debit card at the age of 12-13. Bank automatically upgraded my childrens account and sent me a card. It was only a switch or maestro, but could use it most places. Banks now use Visa Debit which is good for most things.

Not a fan of credit cards, but I have to have one really in order to build some kind of credit rating. Don't think I've used the thing more than once, but am going to start using it for online shopping due to the increased security it offers over debit cards.

Think I've somehow ended up with 4 different bank cards, 2 debit and 2 credit, and a further ISA account which doesn't have a card. Stupid really, as it would be much easier if everything was from the one account on one card.

Last edited:
my mum set up some savings thing but i moved to my dads few years back and only started talking again recently so i have an account just iv never used it moneys gone in but iv never used it
gonna change this year though :D

I'm all for it 12 quid ppfff thats nothing, but we should set it up so I can use paypal but if its just credit cards whatever. But some suggestions, we should add some stuff on the site like results tables and other info like that so I can just make this site my one stop Rugby site. I'm sure that will attract new members and what not cos we could use more, I know this site is really dedicated to the gaming and mods aspects but add more it can't hurt. I want to be a big contributor to the site and get my name out there I want to be recognized :)

Last edited:
I'm in. This forum needs at least one French season ticket holder...

I agree with the poster above, having a tables/results page would be nice. I'm sure it could be easy enough to do with 4 or 5 posters, each of them assigned a country/league...

How does that work out into nz dollars something like $40 for me:( no credit card is my prob

Last edited:
How does that work out into nz dollars something like $40 for me:( no credit card is my prob

Closer to $32. It's a bit of an ask granted, put it's not an ounce of the sacrafice Dan, Chris and Charlie have put into the forum, to provide for us. Credit card issues are valid, but I'll find a way. It just comes down to, can I afford to give something back to the rugby forum? Sometimes the answer honestly will be no, and that won't be held against anyone I sure, but the bills don't pay for themselves, so any bit of help would be appreciated.

Closer to $32. It's a bit of an ask granted, put it's not an ounce of the sacrafice Dan, Chris and Charlie have put into the forum, to provide for us. Credit card issues are valid, but I'll find a way. It just comes down to, can I afford to give something back to the rugby forum? Sometimes the answer honestly will be no, and that won't be held against anyone I sure, but the bills don't pay for themselves, so any bit of help would be appreciated.

You don't have prepaid credit cards down there?

You can get debit cards etc, I just don't have one. I could get one if I talked to my bank, but I just haven't.

Holy **** i do have a debit card,wells its a recharge card same sort of thing that anz have,just i just popped it in my wallet and forgot about it,where do we get bank account info from?

Yeah thanks for your honesty but I really cant afford it as Im on a tight budget as it is. I do enjoy our forum we got some real Rugby smarts, purists and some good folk here. This is the ONLY forum I come to for things Rugby because you can count on some good info and input. Sorry to be of no assistance moneywise sincerely.

Maybe make bigger/animated avatars only available to ST holders, while others can just have 80x80 jpgs? A forum I was once on only let paid members give rep.

Hey I'll definitely take a ST. Sure guys the amount of fun we get out of TRF we should help them out and well reward them for excellent work.

Is it £1 per month or one payment a month.

i'd probably be up for this too.

another suggestion:

i've played quite a bit of tiger woods golf and got bored with the limited selection of courses there are. there's a wonderful site on the internet where people post courses they've designed themselves up (be they real or fantasy) and people like me can go on and download them. And while the courses themselves are uploaded for free by the architects, the website requires members to pay a certain fee to be able to download stuff from the site.

given that TRF is accessed frequently by people looking for Rugby08 mods etc., and this is the official site of Rugby 12, could charging members a small fee to access (a more coherently organised ) mods section work?

I've given it a lot of thought in the past, but decided against it. Here's why:

1) It's not actually my modding to sell. It belongs to the respective modders.
2) It would encourage piracy of the mods.
3) The average age of people wanting mods is quite young ergo less of a community responsibility/means of paying.

Taking those factors into consideration, I don't think it'd work. I decided that 3-4 years ago. I agree with what you're saying but having uncovered lots of people who'd made accounts with more than 5 posts and posted the passwords on pirate websites so they could access the mods, there are a lot of leeches in that side of things. There are also a lot of awesome members who make fantastic contributions.

Hey I'll definitely take a ST. Sure guys the amount of fun we get out of TRF we should help them out and well reward them for excellent work.

Is it £1 per month or one payment a month.

I'm going to insert a range of payment options - probably a one month option to check it out, a six month option and a 12 month option.

Maybe make bigger/animated avatars only available to ST holders, while others can just have 80x80 jpgs? A forum I was once on only let paid members give rep.

I am going to have a range of M Two One's custom avatars available for non ST holders to use.

. But some suggestions, we should add some stuff on the site like results tables and other info like that so I can just make this site my one stop Rugby site. I'm sure that will attract new members and what not cos we could use more, I know this site is really dedicated to the gaming and mods aspects but add more it can't hurt. I want to be a big contributor to the site and get my name out there I want to be recognized :)

That's not strictly speaking the case.

TRF always has been and always will be a rugby forum. However, we're very lucky to have a base of modders and a place for discussion in rugby games, much the same as Planet Cricket do for Cricket games. So much so in fact, HB Studios watched the site for years before they came to us this time last year. I'm very proud of the HB link and as someone who has been using the forum for 8 years, and owned it for 4 of those years, it's amazing how far we've come from then. However, TRF is a rugby site.

However, what has caught my eye here is the idea for an information page. That's something I will definitely consider. We used to have tables for the relevant league in place but the lad who updated it left the staff and they weren't being updated. I could also have results and next fixtures, although a fixture list wouldn't be possible as fixtures are, ridiculously, copyrighted. I'll take this away and investigate this - I definitely want to do it, but the case is "how?"

However, what has caught my eye here is the idea for an information page. That's something I will definitely consider. We used to have tables for the relevant league in place but the lad who updated it left the staff and they weren't being updated. I could also have results and next fixtures, although a fixture list wouldn't be possible as fixtures are, ridiculously, copyrighted. I'll take this away and investigate this - I definitely want to do it, but the case is "how?"

RSS feeds? Not that I know anything about them.

RSS feeds are a definite possibility. There'll be a way to get it all done automatically, I'm sure of that.

Latest posts