• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Raising money for TRF

St Helens what ever way you doing it is cool I'll be signing up for sure. I also hope lot of other guys and girls do too as lads we get great information and enjoyment out of sight.

Another great idea on funny side :p We can do a band aid :D

TRF Band Aid? Interesting.

Bags not being Bono or Geldof, as I hate both of them.

The right job :)
But on topic St Helen let us know when you've plans in place and hopefully it is a success

R150?

Could sort that out in a jiffy, problem is (like some other posters) I dinnae have a credit/debit card, nor do I want one as it could easily fall into the wrong hands with my clumsynessness
If their is another method of payment, I am all in

R150?

Could sort that out in a jiffy, problem is (like some other posters) I dinnae have a credit/debit card, nor do I want one as it could easily fall into the wrong hands with my clumsynessness
If their is another method of payment, I am all in
I have my Pay-Pal account linked/integrated into my FNB internet banking, so you can transfer money from any sort of debit account into your Pay-Pal account online and then send money to almost anywhere in the world:D

In my opinion, TRF is a unique forum. I come here because it's enjoyable. It has some life and character. I think we have a core community here, and becoming a paysite won't destroy the site. What it will do is drop the hits considerably, but what you'd have left would be the ones who value and are generally interested the forum.

If was you, i'd continue with the subs idea. I'd let people pay the ST as quarterly (£3) 6 monthly (£6) or annually (£12) rather than £1 a month.. you need to know what 'donations' you can count on.

What'd be a nice idea is to try and set-up a little online magazine. A flash or pdf-based mag which covers TRF, say every 3 months. or on major rugby events. Like the RWC, 6 Nations etc. I'm sure plenty of us will contribute articles to it. That wouldn't be too difficult i would have thought, and would not too pricey and would give the ST holders something a little extra for their subs.

Just let me know, and i'll gladly donate.

Maybe we can fill the magazine with some interviews, big stories (like 4 or 5 pages) and maybe something special like a quiz

In my opinion, TRF is a unique forum. I come here because it's enjoyable. It has some life and character. I think we have a core community here, and becoming a paysite won't destroy the site. What it will do is drop the hits considerably, but what you'd have left would be the ones who value and are generally interested the forum.

If was you, i'd continue with the subs idea. I'd let people pay the ST as quarterly (£3) 6 monthly (£6) or annually (£12) rather than £1 a month.. you need to know what 'donations' you can count on.

What'd be a nice idea is to try and set-up a little online magazine. A flash or pdf-based mag which covers TRF, say every 3 months. or on major rugby events. Like the RWC, 6 Nations etc. I'm sure plenty of us will contribute articles to it. That wouldn't be too difficult i would have thought, and would not too pricey and would give the ST holders something a little extra for their subs.

Just let me know, and i'll gladly donate.

I've always wanted to do that. We have the capabilities I think, it's just time. Something like that is a big, big project. If there was a team of 5 people that fancied doing it, I think that would be a fantastic thing to do.

And we're not becoming a paysite, it's running alongside existing membership, so hits will remain uneffected. I would hope hits went UP seeing as ST members would be looking to get their money's worth!

Online magazine sounds top!
Would love to play in part in something like that, in anyway I could help

It's time. That would take a serious amount of planning and co-ordination from a core team. And that's before writing any articles.

Well, I would like to contribute to that magazine. What are the possibilities to create a VIP members-only section with rugby footage? I am not talking about something like rugbydump.com but more something in the line of full matches which only paying members can access? I can provide a lot of those

Wouldn't creating a regular newsletter create more work, eat up more time, and possibly cost more money? I'd be concerned you'd get burnt-out and loose interest in the forum completely.

Latest posts