• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - France vs England - 11/03/2012, 15:00

Quick and, more than likely, very stupid question as I don't really watch premiership rugby, but what happened to Olly Barkley? Surely he could have done a job at 10 or 12 if he was in decent form, he has a bit of experience and wasn't a terrible player iirc, helped England to a few wins around 05-06 did he not?

If a centre is injured; Farrell goes to centre and Hodgson goes to !0. If a wing goes off; Foden goes to wing and Brown comes on at 15. Simples.

Quick and, more than likely, very stupid question as I don't really watch premiership rugby, but what happened to Olly Barkley? Surely he could have done a job at 10 or 12 if he was in decent form, he has a bit of experience and wasn't a terrible player iirc, helped England to a few wins around 05-06 did he not?
He never really performed in an England shirt, not to the levels he was showing in the prem, anyway.
I have a feeling him and Martin Johnson had a falling out on the tour to Australia a year or two ago (or maybe it was after the tour, when he was dropped from the England and the Saxons squad, and Barkley was miffed).

I agree though, for a few years I've/I'd wanted to see him in the England squad, especially when we had Hape and/or Tindall at 12.

Also didn't help that he snapped his leg (in the same position) twice in recent years.

Simple answer. He's ****.

what an interesting game this is gonna be...nobody's sure of the outcome here. Hopefully not another draw !...

Bit of breaking news:

Charlie Sharples is now starting, replacing an injured David Strettle.

Fantastic to see Sharples involved, but it's the wrong winger who's made way for him :(

Yay, a fast winger! Strettle may have been alright against Wales, but that is still no reason for him to ever be an "elite player".

Shame that it'll be a long time before Ashton finds some decent form again. I hope the media don't destroy Sharples also.

True on both accounts, however I'd take a vaguely on form Strettle over a severely off form Ashton, regardless of their potential.
All elementary anyway, as it's not happening.

The bit that ****** me off most of all however is "why was Sharples not in the England XV when I went to Kingsholm a few weeks ago". <_<

Stupid, biased, ********, mungoballer Farrell. *muttermuttermutter* <_<

Not got the rugby channel, anyone mind telling me how Barrit has been playing this tournament?

Not got the rugby channel, anyone mind telling me how Barrit has been playing this tournament?
First two games was quiet, but the ball never got past Farrell at 12 - very strong on defence though.
Against Wales was better as he got more of the ball, defence still strong. Hopefully he'll go up another notch vs France.

He used to be absolutely quality for Saracens (coincidently before Farrell started playing for the 1st XV...) but now spends most of his time chasing kicks or tackling people.

Another draw would be nice.

yeaaaaaahh you'd love that wouldn't you ?!! I bet you would ! XD
I can't believe how we've practically become challengers/underdogs lol when we were supposed to be the great RWC finalists coming into this thing against and England team in total reconstruction...I mean, there are more bets on England !

I'm actually really looking forward to this game..... i'm surprised there's not more discussion tbh.

Could go either way but I think both team will be really up for it and the winner being the one able to capitalise on their opportunities.

Things got pretty intense for a secone there...they let Conor O'Shea talk about English rugby without interrupting him...back to Hook blabbing about France again.

That was a massive kick for touch by Farrell Jr.

Edit: Argh, bloody hell Botha

someone needs to tell our darling Irish commentry team that there's no 'n' in Tualagi. What's a Twoahlangy?

Latest posts