• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - France vs England - 11/03/2012, 15:00

'ave it! :D
France made it easy for us in the first half, but sod it, we got the win who cares :D

Great game. Best team won it in the end. France started far too slowly and regretted it

Yessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashton needs to be dropped for someone who gets more involved in the backline - and the back 3 need to get a bit better at counter attacking off deep kicks. We looked very very good defensively though!

Frances' very experienced pack esp the back row really kept them in it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Lancaster is a good enough thinker or selector, but he does seem to be a good coach, and a bloody good motivator. I'd think very carefully before dropping him. Lancaster with Smith to run the backs would interest me... mindyou, so would Mallet with Smith. Hmm.

Easy there...indeed.

Was about to suggest a look at the table.

In fairness, matches between the top 4 teams have all been one score victories so far. Very close championship this year. Pretty much in the bag for Wales now.

Three close matches next week... and I'll be studying :(

I stand by england being the best team, all this hysteria about wales having their "golden generation", this england side which had been given the bare minimum of support in the press goes to France and beats the French. Should also have beaten wales and be playing for a grand slam

For all those who called for Croft to be dropped, SIT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stand by england being the best team, all this hysteria about wales having their "golden generation", this england side which had been given the bare minimum of support in the press goes to France and beats the French. Should also have beaten wales and be playing for a grand slam

Ifs and buts. Ireland know all about that...all that matters is the final score.

Well this really sucks!

Better team won in the end.

I hope that is the end of Lionel Beauxis, makes stupid descions! why was he kicking it straight to the fullback and wings of england. IF YOU KICK THE BALL YOU BETTER MAKE SURE IT GOES OUT!

It's no suprise that we only really started playing when Para and Trinh-Duc. Dimitri Szarzewski is just not good enough.

To be honest we need a rebuild time to look at the future.

Saying that knowing the french we might play a blinder against wales. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:

The press have been nigh unstinting in their support of Lancaster, with the exception of Stephen Jones, who's a known troll anyway.

England truly deserved the victory. I wait more than Beauxis Dupuy from PSA. It's the end of a generation and it's always sad.

So we went to Ireland and won and England and won, surely the team at the top deserves a little more credit Ted, in fairness today England donw well and deserved the victoy, all games have been very close between the top four and small margins mean big prizes unfortunately if you are not Welsh everyone seems to think we are being hyped up and are not that good all I will say is Ireland won Scotland won England won Italy won our team has all the element to go on to be an extremely good team are we there yet no we can improve some of course but to say we are not that good and over hyped (except for Jiffy and paper talk which is pants) is a bit below the belt.

You do not win the six nations by being a poor team.

Come to think of it I should of picked the right numbers on Friday night I would of been a millionaire now........:huh:

Last edited:

I do not agree. they won today on 2 poors french mistakes in the first 25 minutes. Otherwise, overall, Frenchies was much better than england, just unavailable to finish the job. But seriously, saying that England is the best team is far from the truth.

I'm highly frustrated, we gave this match the english...it was open doors with the french defense today again during 25 minutes at the start....France again has played with its muscle but not his brain...Luck was with the english today (the little kick from beauxis to fofana which is not rebounding enough, little things like that). First english try with a silly and blind offload from Swarzesky, he should have kept the ball waiting for his teammates, second try is just a series of 2 missed tackles from France and french players not able to follow properly a high kick from their scrum half. England was certainly far to be above France today in the game.

For all those who called for Croft to be dropped, SIT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These comments make me scratch my head too.
Yes, he had a blinder today, but hindsight is a fantastic thing.

Ashton may well score 3 tries vs Ireland next weekend, but would I drop him now? In a heartbeat.

Latest posts