• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - France vs England - 11/03/2012, 15:00

I think Lancaster has shown he has the ability to coach internationally already considering he has brought a completely new england team into a position where with one week to go they could still win the championship, and have beaten a team ranked in the top three in the world. Last year when wales did the same thing (actually with fewer changes) they came 4th. To have brought a team so far in but a few weeks is no small feat.

It's amazing how much "worse" Rolland has got since the RWC semi.

I agree he wasn't at his best today but he doesn't deserve all the flak he's getting now but if a referee is reffing when Brian Moore is commentating he's bound to have a **** game and even though most people realize he's an idiot when you hear the same thing over and over and over for 80 minutes you'll eventually believe it.

I think Lancaster has shown he has the ability to coach internationally already considering he has brought a completely new england team into a position where with one week to go they could still win the championship, and have beaten a team ranked in the top three in the world. Last year when wales did the same thing (actually with fewer changes) they came 4th. To have brought a team so far in but a few weeks is no small feat.

They can't they can come second. Its 2 points for a win in the 6 nations with no bonus points ofc. However I do agree Lancaster should get the england Job for now

they can on points difference if wales lose to france however it is unlikely england/france would win by enough for that to happen

I think your'e right in that Ted needs to get rid of the if's and but's, which are irrelevant and all teams can lay claim to them. But, Rob, I can't help but notice you do slightly lurk on these threads waiting to defend against anyone making a point about the Welsh hype. It doesn't really need to be taken too seriously I don't think, we all know wales are a very good side. let's continue to talk about the excellent game we just saw however - which this thread is dedicated to - rather than going off on one about this.

Henry its not lurking its being defenisive because it winds me up when people put Wales down and play the unlucky card, the results are what they are no one can deny that.

Like you say this thread is about England and France game I am all for keeping on topic and the best team won today England have played well in the last few games and are showing signs of becoming a good unit, Farrell seems to of found his feet and is putting in some quality performances, also big Ben I thought played well today.

I agree he wasn't at his best today but he doesn't deserve all the flak he's getting now but if a referee is reffing when Brian Moore is commentating he's bound to have a **** game and even though most people realize he's an idiot when you hear the same thing over and over and over for 80 minutes you'll eventually believe it.

I think the BBC need to slap Brian Moore down some. He (Moore) is probably verging on bringing the game into disrepute with some of his comments.

He simply cannot start ranting and raving when the referee talks to the players.

they can on points difference if wales lose to france however it is unlikely england/france would win by enough for that to happen

Wait my bad for some reason I thaught England had 5 points currently, However for the points difference currently in the table above (Wales - 44, England 4) I know now its a points difference of 6 for england Wales will have to be destroyed by France by 40+

I had to work today and couldn't catch the game. Was France too bad, or England played well? Any fingerpointing at a particular french player?

I think that problem with Szarzewski is that he is not very good at scrum. When went out France scrum became more stable and went forwards. Also, I think he is probably is done and another hooker should be installed. Szarzewski is loosing ball too much in contact and missing so many tackles. I really don't understand WHY Dupuy and Beauxis were selected. They were absolutely PATHETIC. Dupuy was even slower than Philips :) When Parra came on France started moving on really fast in ruck phase. Rougerie should have been dropped without doubt. He should have taken Croft. Pointrenaud also seems quite in defence. During English second try where the hell he was? On the right wing? Trinc-Duc should have made that drop goal attemp. Forwards and Parra did everything and he should have closed the game. Actually this game was lost due to strange Saint Andre selection: Dupuy, Beauxis and Rougerie.

Besides I'd play Parra at 10 any day instead of Beauxis. Parra made massive tackle ~70 minute.

I think the BBC need to slap Brian Moore down some. He (Moore) is probably verging on bringing the game into disrepute with some of his comments.

He simply cannot start ranting and raving when the referee talks to the players.

Balls to that.
Moore is a qualified ref, and an ex-front rower. He just get's angry when the refs guess at the scrum, which is understandable as many do.

I've never understood the mass hate for Moore, and saying he's the most biased commentator out there: No one hates England more than Moore, when they're playing badly, and he actually knows a lot about the game and the laws, which is more than can be said for some of the other commentators on the BBC's books.

I had to work today and couldn't catch the game. Was France too bad, or England played well? Any fingerpointing at a particular french player?

Beauxis and Szarzewski can certainly shoulder some blame in my opinion, in general France were lethargic until the last 10 minutes. Parra made a difference imo. England played well, but their first two tries were definitely opportunistic rather than well built.

Balls to that.
Moore is a qualified ref, and an ex-front rower. He just get's angry when the refs guess at the scrum, which is understandable as many do.

I've never understood the mass hate for Moore, and saying he's the most biased commentator out there: No one hates England more than Moore, when they're playing badly, and he actually knows a lot about the game and the laws, which is more than can be said for some of the other commentators on the BBC's books.

Word.

Balls to that.

(I don't care about the biased bit - in fact I like to see it - so I'll leave it out of the quote)

Today, several times the referee talked to various players. Several times Brian Moore saw fit to give off about the referee just for talking to the players - not about what he was saying - just for saying anything. That is completely uncalled for.

In addition, at the start of the game, Moore and Rolland agreed completely on the nature of the infringements - when the scrums were reset, Rolland talked to the front rows about the problems. However, Moore called for penalties while the referee (being the opening minutes of the game), was more lenient and let them off with warnings. The result? Moore giving off to the referee.

I do wish that he (and Stuart Barnes) would just shut the fvck up when the referee is talking to the captain/players. IMO, both of them love the sound of their voice too much.

I had to laugh one time when Moore started droning on after the referee awarded a penalty. He carried on talking over top while the referee explained his decision to the captain, then said "I have no idea what that penalty was for!" Well hello Brian...if you shut up for once, we would all know!

Beauxis and Szarzewski can certainly shoulder some blame in my opinion, in general France were lethargic until the last 10 minutes. Parra made a difference imo. England played well, but their first two tries were definitely opportunistic rather than well built.

Here we go! So Ben Fodens try wasnt good work from open play? load of ****

Tempted to say both, but France bad for 80%.
remember the default/errors vs Ireland ?, make them 150% the first 60min and you'll have an idea !!!
Much more worried about the organization of the game than some individuals counter performances. Didn't expected much from Lagisquet who never made me dream with Biarritz back line game, but didn't expected that placement/defense marks could be lost so quickly with PSA coming in...

Balls to that.

Completely agree, and actually I find Eddie Butler more annoying, because he tries to play the 'i'm much cooler , nicer, funnier, and level-headed than you(brian moore). Hes' actually just rather irritating.

Here we go! So Ben Fodens try wasnt good work from open play? load of ****

If Fodden was able to be in that position (note that I'm not saying that he has played badly, he has followed his teammate very clearverly, credits to him), it is because Bonnaire and Beauxis have been not able to tackle properly the english second row (?), it is because France was not replaced properly and has not chased the ball properly in line without holes the kick made by Beauxis. I consider that it is a junior mistake for a team like France, even more given that it was the beginning of the match and players were fresh. In my opinion, these 2 start tries are the result of 2 silly and junior mistake from France rather than a brilliant play from England. said that, a lot of tries happen like this and it is the game. But it is what we call opportunism and France has already won some match on opportunism. I think for example that the try Fofana scored against Ireland was opportunist more than really brilliantly played.

Overall, England has not dominated France in the play and France has tried to play more than England...but it was mostly inefficient sadly.

England really let France back into that. 15 points the French scored were through English players having poor discipline and giving away stupid stuff within kicking distance. This has been my pet hate for England ever since the 2003 team left and we've had new players in. Is discipline not taught properly any more? If England had not given away stupid stuff the French would have struggled far more for territory and the scoreboard would have been much more in England's favour. England will never be a world class side while they keep doing this, it just lets other teams back into them game without them having to do anything.

Latest posts