• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Reddan signs 3-Year Leinster Deal

M

monkeypigeon

Well the leinster Lads will be jizzing all over the gaff now.

It's been confirmed that Reddan is leaving Wasps at the end of the season to join Leinster.

Hopefully he'll be able fill in for hands of led that are Chris Whitaker. But in all seriousness this could be the deal that opens up the backline of Leinster.

Should be interesting to see what happens next year. Presumably Sexton will be starting and add to the attacking threat but who'll provide a reliable kicking boot it he doesn't improve soon? Will space be found for the ever improving Fergus McFadden in the centre?

So yeah, great news for Leinster. Shame he won't be there next weekend :p .

http://leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/3416.php

Just confirmation of what we've assumed (or prayed for) for the past 6 months or so.

Great news, absolutely great news .............. but I'm struggling to work out who I'm going to whinge about now.

all we need now is confirmation of Ross' signing and things will be well and truly looking up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 27 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
all we need now is confirmation of Ross' signing and things will be well and truly looking up.[/b]
Soon enough. Wasps season ended on Saturday which probably explains why Leinster have only announced the signing now (although Ian McGeechan beat them to it by telling the Adams Park faithful that Reddan was on his way to Leinster after Saturday's game*). I'm sure that a couple of days after Quins season ends the Ross signing will be announced. It's a done deal.

I'm very pleased with this signing. Hopefully Leinster go into next year with Reddan and O'Donohoe as the top 9s (replacing Whitaker and Keane).

By the way, another signing was rumoured on Sunday - Shaun Berne. He's a decent squad player and insurance in the event of Sexton faltering but he's no more than that. His brother Michael was on Leinster's books for a couple of years. To be honest, I'd rather Leinstr just go with Kyle Tonetti and Ian McKinley as Sexton's backups (and Eamon Sheridan as emergency centre backup) than sign Berne. Glen Jackson would be a far better signing.

*Here's a link to Geech's comments:
http://b.static.ak.fbcdn.net/swf/mvp.swf?8...682426&ev=0

Latest posts