• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Release Date 11/11/05

J

josh7kronfeld

Just phoned game and they said 100% that the game is out on the 11th they have the games instore !!!!!!!!!!
<

Game in Swansea (south WALES)

Would love this to be true... but the staff at game are usually about as useful as milk shoes...

play.com had release at 11th, changed it to Feb, and now its moved to Nov 25th.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Nov 7 2005, 01:45 PM
1476362.jpg

New Zealands gamesplanet has release confirmed for the 11th November.......

http://www.gpstore.co.nz/Games/1476362.html
I wouldnt believe any of that NZL

Every game site in australia has that date.

Just like they still have MCC slated for November

However upon confirmation of UK's release, just order it from DVDcrave.com.au, via the ANZAC Import method (from other thread), unless of course you have other means closer to home.

I cant wait for this game now
<

Normally I wouldn't however gamesplanet did write an update on the 31/10/05 which said (with some certainty I thought).......

"Swordfish Studios released Zinzan's World Championship Rugby last year to some reasonably positive feedback, and now the developer's latest ***le, Rugby Challenge 2006, is just two weeks from release!"

"RC2006 will release for PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox, and will feature plenty of competitions to keep fans amused as well as all the official team and player licenses".

Originally posted by NZL fan@Nov 7 2005, 02:03 PM
Normally I wouldn't however gamesplanet did write an update on the 31/10/05 which said (with some certainty I thought).......

"Swordfish Studios released Zinzan's World Championship Rugby last year to some reasonably positive feedback, and now the developer's latest ***le, Rugby Challenge 2006, is just two weeks from release!"

"RC2006 will release for PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox, and will feature plenty of competitions to keep fans amused as well as all the official team and player licenses".
Granted that is recent, lets hope they know something via UBI that Trev hasnt been told about
<

I sent a message asking GP how they got that release date of the 11th. Haven't got a reply back yet but I dunno, we're allowed to hope!

Big Kronfelds news of the "GAME IS IN STOCK" @ Game in Wales, is a huge significant post.

Trev/Ian - got some news regarding this...perhaps HIP have let this slip so stealthly, the sleeping giant is about to wake??

whats doing......I need to get a pre-order on if this is the case

The 11th is only 4 days away, I think its highly unlikely. Still, I hope Im wrong!!

indeed 11th is close but then again this hasn't exaclty been the normal release/development of a game. hip/ubi I think might just quietly release it and it will suddenly be in the shops. there has been no big build up for this game execpt for bad news acclaim going under hip going under and the need to have ubisoft co-publish the game.

Unless Kronfelds info is invalid...the 11th seems impossible

If they do have the game in stock...this week it is

It's entirely possible the person josh7kronfeld spoke to had no idea what they were talking about.

I've had a response from my message to the gameplanet store, they say that the 11/11/05 is a just a rough estimate, and it will probably change when they recieve confirmation from the supplier.

I called up gamesman and EB in NZ and neither of them new anything about this game, its definatley not coming here on the 11th.

RC2006 will definitely not be released on 11th November. Guaranteed ... it's totally impossible. There are some issues which need to be resolved - which I cannot discuss - which are delaying final manufacture of the game.

I think late Nov early Dec is still the best call.

Thanks Trev, thats helped alot.

Nice to hear they are putting an effort in to try and make it bug free as possible.

Thanks for the info Trev.

I find it very frustrating that you can't tell us any more (presumably for contractual reasons) and yet you are almost single-handedly promoting this game. Really, apart from the members of this forum, how many people are aware of RC2006? Would it honestly hurt UbiSoft for you to tell us a bit more? Given their total lack of promotion, they don't seem to care one iota about the game.

No doubt I am being very naive, but from where I am standing, RC2006 needs all the help it can get in terms of promotion. It's hardly a major news event. Hell, it's not even a big release in the world of gaming. So why the secrecy? Honestly Trev, this is in no way a criticism of you. More a rant at the inner-workings of the games industry!
<

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Nov 8 2005, 02:17 AM
Thanks Trev, thats helped alot.

Nice to hear they are putting an effort in to try and make it bug free as possible.
Not sure they are doing anything to make it bug free as possible as the game is finished. I think you'll find no additional touches are being made to the game - it jusn't hasn't been manufactured yet from the developer to commercial product.

Thats right, the game is finished, there is no more work being done. The reason I think it is not relesed yet is the same reason RL2 i not released, the publishers have decided that october/november is not suitable from a sales standpoint, and we will see both these games early to mid December.

Latest posts