• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rep points

Well maybe you should look at the way you act on the forum, and look to make some less crap, and keep up the good posts you do make...

On the percentage thing I have honestly not had the time to look at it, I have been very busy lately and will possibly be busy for the next couple of weeks, although I plan to get things looked at during the easter weekend....

Nobody is saying that, I am on about the way you wind people up the wrong way.... in general you post well in the northern hemisphere and 6 nations forums, but there is still room for improvement

if we have it a percentage, most people will always have 100% as i am sure not many people give out -ve, i think i have only given 1 or 2 -ve reps.

but not that many people can be bothered reping people either

Woosaah, that's why I think it would be good to have a format sort of like this:

or whatever.

That way you can see both.

Someone may have 40 rep points at some stage, but only have a 68% rating.

This should work well because there could be a great poster who doesn't post very often, so naturally they'd have less rating than a retard that posts crap 150 times a day... But they could be 12 at 100%, whereas the other guy would be 25 at 70%... If you know what I mean.

Originally posted by kaftka@Apr 4 2006, 11:50 AM
Woosaah, that's why I think it would be good to have a format sort of like this:

or whatever.

That way you can see both.

Someone may have 40 rep points at some stage, but only have a 68% rating.

This should work well because there could be a great poster who doesn't post very often, so naturally they'd have less rating than a retard that posts crap 150 times a day... But they could be 12 at 100%, whereas the other guy would be 25 at 70%... If you know what I mean.
Great idea Kaf.......who did you steal it off? ;)

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Apr 4 2006, 08:59 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Apr 4 2006, 07:03 AM
the rep system has been abused from day 1
Can't say I agree to be honest. [/b]
well I don't know where you were then because it certainly was happening. one of your moderators ripper was abusing it. he would -ve me and others becasue we were in his uncool group. others like eric and sambad followed his example. I -ve him back in return and for comment he would make about other people. And this was happening since day 1 of the rep system where you apparently were not on the planet or something.

Originally posted by kaftka@Apr 4 2006, 11:14 PM
I have a rep of 32.

...Anyway, Charles M'dear, Daniel as well, will we be getting a Percentage rating added onto the Rep points at some stage?

Also, on the abuse. It will get abused both ways. Somebody will (or has done so) give positive rep points for the hell of it. Nobody will complain about it. But if it really bothers you, you could still PM somebody about it.
Directed at Sambad.
kaftka do you really thing that if I pmed ripper about something he would actually do anything at all. especially if it was about him or one of his buddies. he would be more likely to either do nothing or just cover it up (btw which he has done in the past and then lied on the forum to everybody about what he did)

Just looked at Esoj's rep comments.

He's right. Only one of his -ve comments seems to have any relevance to anything. That was Erics one. The rest are just plain ****-stirring imo.

New guideline. If you're going to rep somebody, justify it. That way nobody can reasonably complain about their rating.

And Esoj, you don't HAVE to complain about your rep points to Ripper.

If you really have a problem, PM Dan, he's nice. Or An Tarbh. Or Umo. He's lovely. A bit quiet these days. But powerful. Charlie is in a nice state too. Just a bit peeved off lately.

Originally posted by esoj+Apr 5 2006, 03:57 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-kaftka
@Apr 4 2006, 11:14 PM
I have a rep of 32.

...Anyway, Charles M'dear, Daniel as well, will we be getting a Percentage rating added onto the Rep points at some stage?

Also, on the abuse. It will get abused both ways. Somebody will (or has done so) give positive rep points for the hell of it. Nobody will complain about it. But if it really bothers you, you could still PM somebody about it.
Directed at Sambad.
kaftka do you really thing that if I pmed ripper about something he would actually do anything at all. especially if it was about him or one of his buddies. he would be more likely to either do nothing or just cover it up (btw which he has done in the past and then lied on the forum to everybody about what he did) [/b]
And where did this occur my dyslexic friend?

And how would I cover it up? Hack into your account and empty the sent PM's folder? Or hack into either the Database or an Admins account so I could delete Rep?

that comment wasn't about rep points and you know it. It was about a comment in a thread that you made about me and deleted, you then lied in another thread about making no such comments. stop lying already ripper. you don't need to hack into anything either as you are a mod. and also btw before getmeoftheland put in the removed by system you could of and did get away with alot.

Originally posted by Ripper+Apr 5 2006, 05:10 PM-->
Originally posted by esoj@Apr 5 2006, 03:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-kaftka
@Apr 4 2006, 11:14 PM
I have a rep of 32.

Directed at Sambad.

kaftka do you really thing that if I pmed ripper about something he would actually do anything at all. especially if it was about him or one of his buddies. he would be more likely to either do nothing or just cover it up (btw which he has done in the past and then lied on the forum to everybody about what he did)
And where did this occur my dyslexic friend?

And how would I cover it up? Hack into your account and empty the sent PM's folder? Or hack into either the Database or an Admins account so I could delete Rep? [/b]
...Well I wasn't going to say anything but seeing as you brought it up....

No, but seriously....

Esoj, I know you have a "personality clash" with Ripper (who doesn't? [laughter]), which is exactly why you don't go to him if you think one of the Rep points he gave you is unfair.

Also, mods can't delete rep points anyway, so that's why you go to an admin.

I should have said that part earlier....

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 5 2006, 12:32 AM
yea youve given me a neg rep
dont worry i will put it up if i c anything worth putting it up for :p

and again if i feel if it needed to be put down (like i thought before) i'd do it again.

thats what its for right?

Originally posted by Kaftka
But powerful. Charlie is in a nice state too. Just a bit peeved off lately.

Its Called Executive Stress, I am using a mixture of Drugs, Alcohol, and Sex to try to cure it....

but running out of supplies........

Originally posted by getofmeland+Apr 5 2006, 08:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kaftka
But powerful. Charlie is in a nice state too. Just a bit peeved off lately.

Its Called Executive Stress, I am using a mixture of Drugs, Alcohol, and Sex to try to cure it....

but running out of supplies........ [/b]
I can help with one of them...

Go on, try and guess which. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :bana:

Latest posts