• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Republicans get thoroughly thumped in mid terms

Cleveland is still the same old,dumpy, poor city it was before.. but thats what a lot of unions do for a city <_<
[/b]
Unions blow. I've lived in St. Louis for a year now and we're chock full of them. I work in a construction industry related field, and I'm so sick of the mentality! Idiots...no offense.
I played College Football with several guys from Cleavland. Never been up your way, though.

<div class='quotemain'>
hardly a surprising incident given the nature of relations between Israel and France.
[/b]

??? why do you say such a thing ???
[/b][/quote]
Because France seems to be full of Anti-Semite's/Anti-Israel (Such as yourself), isn't a far right anti-jew extremist party the 2nd or 3rd most popular party?

first off, can someone explain to me the diffrence between the two houses?

secondly, this is my rationalisation of politics:

there are two regions of politics, left wing and right wing. these are normally, the eastern countrys being left, and then the western countries being right. then out of the right winged countries, they are again split into right/right wing countries (ie, usa, oz and uk) and right/left countries, such as nz. now nz has a right/left/left govenment. we will always be a left wing country, even with a right wing govenment, however we wont be as far left with one. simmilary with america, america will always be a right winged country, but depending on how right they are. if you catch my drift.

first off, can someone explain to me the diffrence between the two houses?

secondly, this is my rationalisation of politics:

there are two regions of politics, left wing and right wing. these are normally, the eastern countrys being left, and then the western countries being right. then out of the right winged countries, they are again split into right/right wing countries (ie, usa, oz and uk) and right/left countries, such as nz. now nz has a right/left/left govenment. we will always be a left wing country, even with a right wing govenment, however we wont be as far left with one. simmilary with america, america will always be a right winged country, but depending on how right they are. if you catch my drift.
[/b]

yep i got u ... democrates are left wing in america's view but if u get their ideas then you could notice (if i really got u) that it would be right ideas for nz (and france btw). and american republikans are at the very right in nz ideas ...??? is that it ? 'cause i agree with that conclusion. what side do you belong to ...
in my case i do not belong to anyone as i'm totally fed up of this kind of way of doing. in my country (i think you don't f****** care but i'll explain 'cause it sums what happens in many country including USA), it is, like choosing the less of 2 devils, you have 2 choices of parties, the left or the right, called PS or UMP... if you don't like both of them (like a lot of guys in that country) then you have no solution. many ppl chose another solution 'cause voting for UMP or PS is the same **** (like ppl don't care about the population when they get elected, but only money and privileges), that is voting for the extrem right, racist and ultra nationalist party. many of them vote for this one only to make politician react but its useless again. So don't be surprised if they get elected ... french inhabitants are not racist (on the contrary to what some dumb ppl say), as they saved many jews during the WW2, but they are fed up of being taken for dumbs. politicians in this country are totally "in outer space" very far from what they are supposed to do, and the only way we found to make them being aware of the situation and "bring them back on earth" was to vote for Le Pen (that ultra nationalist party leader)... again it has been useless.

sad :wah: :cryy:

The interesting thing about American politics is that both sides are so far to the right (Australia is getting this way, GB is already there) that the Democrats are really the conservatives and the Republicans are more revolutionary. What I mean by that is their policies having nothing to do with 'conserving the status quo, on the contrary, their policies are generally geared toward bringing US society back to being more elitist and in many ways exclusionary. To add to that, their foreign policy is a form of aggressive realism, which dictates one must seek hegemony in order to achieve security, a theory which is quite distant from its conservative brother 'defensive realism'.

<div class='quotemain'>
C’est la vie, mon amie.

That's how I felt between Bush and Kerry at our last presidential election. Kerry was a freaking moron who actually supported the invasion of Iraq, and then was talking about how horrible it was for the Bush administration to have done it. Iraq was not completely a Bush thing...it was passed by all of our representatives. It passed a 3/4 majority vote. Anyway, I could talk about this crap all day. I felt like I was voting for the lesser of two evils last election.
[/b]

hey f*** you !!! i'm not a girl !!! you wrote amie !! its ami for a boy !!! :)

anyway i understand your position ... and i'll be in the same next may (french presidential election + legislativ, that is the parliment). at least here on the 1st round of the election, you have the choice between a dozen candidates, but when it turns to the 2nd round, its always PS against UMP ... which is the same as democrates against reps ... marvelous !!! i could, not talk about that all day, but more **** on it all day !!! :)

i didn't know about kerry and the war, i thought he was against ...
[/b][/quote]

You forgot 2002 election mon ami .... When the UMP candidate received more votes from the left than from the right... I've a bad feeling that this will repeat again next year.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
C’est la vie, mon amie.

That's how I felt between Bush and Kerry at our last presidential election. Kerry was a freaking moron who actually supported the invasion of Iraq, and then was talking about how horrible it was for the Bush administration to have done it. Iraq was not completely a Bush thing...it was passed by all of our representatives. It passed a 3/4 majority vote. Anyway, I could talk about this crap all day. I felt like I was voting for the lesser of two evils last election.
[/b]

hey f*** you !!! i'm not a girl !!! you wrote amie !! its ami for a boy !!! :)

anyway i understand your position ... and i'll be in the same next may (french presidential election + legislativ, that is the parliment). at least here on the 1st round of the election, you have the choice between a dozen candidates, but when it turns to the 2nd round, its always PS against UMP ... which is the same as democrates against reps ... marvelous !!! i could, not talk about that all day, but more **** on it all day !!! :)

i didn't know about kerry and the war, i thought he was against ...
[/b][/quote]

You forgot 2002 election mon ami .... When the UMP candidate received more votes from the left than from the right... I've a bad feeling that this will repeat again next year.
[/b][/quote]

you forgot something about that 2002 election : the scecession of JP Chevenement, which costed the PS their 2nd round of the election. that guy dragged 5% of the PS electors (+jospin's 16% it would have made 21%, Chirac 20% and Le Pen 19%) ... changed everything. But now the french FN electors (and others) know that FN can be on the 2nd round, and its not useless to vote for them (when i say not useless, i mean, that your vote counts for something in the result, on the contrary to parties like FO or CPNT). Even if i don't like PS or UMP, i had to say that ... so i wouldn't be surprised if we have 2 of these 3 in the 2nd round : PS UMP and FN ...

So how likely then is this Sego-Sarko runoff and when are the parties likely to decide their candidates?

Latest posts