• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ricky's Got it all Wrong, Says Collazo

B

Bullitt

1401177.jpg

Luis Collazo insists Ricky Hatton is making a big mistake in stepping up to fight him.

The WBA welterweight champion says the Hitman has picked the wrong guy to make his big breakthrough in the States - and step up to the 147lb division for the first time.

The 25-year-old New Yorker will defend his ***le for the second time at the TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, on May 13 - a fight you can see exclusively live on Sky Box Office - as Hatton attempts to win over the American public.

But Collazo believes he is anything but a passport to Stateside popularity for the undefeated WBA light-welterweight champion.

"They picked the wrong guy," he told Boxingtalk.net. "I'm a slick southpaw. Styles make fights and I'm exactly the wrong style for Hatton."

Collazo also believes he is being overlooked as Hatton hunts down superfights with the likes of Floyd Mayweather and Arturo Gatti.

The Hitman has often struggled with the light-welterweight limit and although moving up a weight makes sense, his opponent insists he won't be prepared for the power that greets him come May 13.

"They're looking past me," he said. "He's one of the best at 140lbs, now he's moving up to 147. It's a whole new ball-game.

"You don't know me. Don't be fooled by my innocent face. I'm a different guy in the ring. He likes to come, I like to come too. I can go either way.

"If he wants to box, I can box. If he wants to bang, we'll bang. It's going to be a great fight."

Collazo is training for the fight in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, a location favoured by Lennox Lewis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:lol:

I remember Lacysaid similar things before Calzaghie mullered him!

I think the term is over confident. People who act like that deserve to loose.

Latest posts