• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rl2 Constructive Criticism - Bad Points?

I agree with most of what has been said, but i think the sidestep needs to stay how they are, as its the only way to make clean breaks and runnaways.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 2 2006, 01:29 PM
I agree with most of what has been said, but i think the sidestep needs to stay how they are, as its the only way to make clean breaks and runnaways.
Would you not like to burn someone off with a turn of pace instead? I would.

i want to see a cut that works.

it would be awesome if you could press a button, which made a player (preferably a back) to come inside, and then make a awesome as cut. sort of like the pocket thing rugby 2005 has

I've somehow had that happen 20 metres out, and a try under the post was added to my score... yay!

Absolutely, but at this stage, that stupid sidetsep is the only thing that keeps me scoring cool tries, if they fix all the other problems, and wingers can can actually outrun forwards etc, then i would like to see a more realistic step put in place.

Am I the only one who enjoys this game? I really don't think it is as bad as you guys make out. I am playing on seasoned level and having some great games, and for once I'm playing a rugby game thats a challenge! The only things that annoy me is the number of knock ons and the fact the human player drops the ball too often.

It is great on seasoned, and schoolboy etc....BUT once you get to legend the game changes completely. Ive mastered legend now and have learned to have fun with it. The other day i beat parramatta 60 nil, i scored some awsome runnaways! but as my team improves i find it hard to lose, and I dont want to restart my franchise. Plus league god is not much fun.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 4 2006, 10:47 AM
It is great on seasoned, and schoolboy etc....BUT once you get to legend the game changes completely. Ive mastered legend now and have learned to have fun with it. The other day i beat parramatta 60 nil, i scored some awsome runnaways! but as my team improves i find it hard to lose, and I dont want to restart my franchise. Plus league god is not much fun.
Well I'm losing regularly on seasoned probably because I'm pants at the game and thus far enjoying it!

That sounds about right. Once you go up, the game starts cheating, and the ai just goes crazy doing offloads, it just dosent feel as much like league when you go up to legend or league god.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 5 2006, 11:05 AM
That sounds about right. Once you go up, the game starts cheating, and the ai just goes crazy doing offloads, it just dosent feel as much like league when you go up to legend or league god.
CeeJay ! How very dare you ! The game does not cheat and thats official
<

Yeah i know!! Mario is in denial about this. After extensive play i hav noticed that when ever you are winning, it starts making you knock on and get penalised in order to give the opposition a leg up. The worst one is when the ball goes to groud, and IT ACTUALLY TAKES CONTROL OF YOUR PLAYERS AND MAKES THEM RUN AWAY FROM THE BALL, even if you select a nearby player, suddenly his feet are glued to the ground. and as soon as the other team has the ball you are released. Aside from that hockey game several years ago that had predetermined matches, this is video game cheating at its worst.

Hey knowlsey, mario has posted in the unresponsive player movement thread over at the RL2 forums, that its not really about player movement per se, but about button pushes etc. I could use some backup over their on this one, I thought we were getting somewhere and now this!

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 6 2006, 05:11 AM
Yeah i know!! Mario is in denial about this. After extensive play i hav noticed that when ever you are winning, it starts making you knock on and get penalised in order to give the opposition a leg up. The worst one is when the ball goes to groud, and IT ACTUALLY TAKES CONTROL OF YOUR PLAYERS AND MAKES THEM RUN AWAY FROM THE BALL, even if you select a nearby player, suddenly his feet are glued to the ground. and as soon as the other team has the ball you are released. Aside from that hockey game several years ago that had predetermined matches, this is video game cheating at its worst.
I've noticed that. You can never get out of your own half without a knock on or a pass going to ground. Also when you are lwinning the computer becomes an expert at kicking 40/20s and they can offload and break tackles all of a sudden which they couldn't do earlier in the match.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 6 2006, 06:49 PM
Hey knowlsey, mario has posted in the unresponsive player movement thread over at the RL2 forums, that its not really about player movement per se, but about button pushes etc. I could use some backup over their on this one, I thought we were getting somewhere and now this!
Dont know if you saw, but I did put up a post about that saying he was being pedantic and trying to cloud the issue. He knows only full well what the issue is were talking about. Will go have a look now to see if hes responded.

Copy of my post from RL2 forum. *****************

" I think Mario is just trying to be pedantic and cloud the issue. Both the movement of players and response to actions, be it slow or doing the wrong thing completely needs to be improved.

I also cant believe you wont be fixing players catching the ball and then running into touch. So were still going to have serious issues in a possible RL3 either way. "

There is no response from Mario at the moment.

Over 80% of people think there should be an improvement to control. What happened to all the people who absolutely Loooooooooooooved this game ?

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 6 2006, 05:11 PM
It all smacks of cheap and easy ways to overcome sloppy AI ! I really have some very serious doubts about the programming team at SIDHE. Very serious doubts.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 7 2006, 05:01 AM
Over 80% of people think there should be an improvement to control. What happened to all the people who absolutely Loooooooooooooved this game ?
Most people on the SIDHE forum are willing to overlook the control issue (however major) just to play a rugby league video game - thus love it just for that fact.

I hate it when SIDHE staff/ some SIDHE forum members start saying that regardless of the quality of the game that people buy it regardless in order to "support" the company, and ensure that future versions are made..........

This overlooks the fact that whilst SIDHE continues to churn out a rugby league game in such a small market, AND whilst SIDHE holds all the official rugby league licenses, no other company would even think about creating a rugby league game.

Hence by "supporting" SIDHE we will never know if we could get a much better game from another developer.

I love it how marios defence is that, looking at those polls, 80% of people are happy, and yet hes quite happy to ignore the new poll that says 80% of people are unhappy with player movement/controls.

What annoys me most is when people hint that is you REALLY were a league nut you would love the game. The other annoying thing when people insinuate if you dont like the game then you arnt playing it right.

Marios post about players running into touch and the fact its unlikely to be fixed. How on earth can he say that at this point ? RL3 hasnt even begun and yet he is already talking about shite like that, that will still be in the game next time.

I really would like HES to give this project to someone else. I really think the team at SIDHE isnt up to the job long term. I think we will just get extra features chucked at us from now on and will have to put up with toss gameplay like in RL2.

Ceejay is also spot on that Mario only seems to quote figures and percentages when they are in his favour.

Im fed up with banging my head on a brick wall over at the RL2 forums, wed finally gotten somewhere with that poll, and now marios in denial again, im seriously thinking of going out with a bang over there.

Latest posts