• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rl2 Constructive Criticism - Bad Points?

ha look what a guy on the front row forums said

Ha, Rugby League 2 a good game

Those fools at Sidhe can't even get basics right. The stats are HORRIBLE, Lockyer is one of the best defenders in RL2, that is enough to ruin the credibility of the game right from the start. For everything they corrected from RL1, they've messed something new up in RL2.

They won't ever acknowledge glitches in the game because if they did, the list would be a mile long, so you basically have to come across them all instead of being told so you could avoid them. They only ever reply to your e-mails or posts on their forum if they've got something sarcastic to say, they are just plain greedy for rushing not one, but two games for a Christmas release just to make more money and not caring about fixing glitches, they're just disgraceful. That and the NZ Warriors are statistically one of the best teams in the game despite finishing 14th, I don't think that's a coincidence.

I wish EA would have a crack at a Rugby League game, or anyone for that matter. At least EA would make a decent, relatively glitch-free game that didn't have stupid mistakes and obvious bias towards NZ teams.

Save your money, this game isn't worth the ridiculous price they charge for it.

I must say great post, would'nt you agree, Mario?

Originally posted by esoj@Jan 27 2006, 11:30 PM
wow so much emo on the forums today/tonight. is it a full moon or something.

I think people think your a valuable member of the forum, and like having you here. You seem to keep us honest, by providing an alternate view to the status quo. Thats all very fine.

It's just you sometimes seem blunt and out to dismiss/pull apart somone elses view. Fine, if you do this a couple of times, but with some people you seem to stay on their case. It's their view, let them have it.

I don't always agree with Knowsleyroader and Locksley. Contrary to what you might think, I don't think the sun shines out of their bomb bay doors. I just think this defensiveness over RL2 is pointless. Your obviously enjoying it, others no doubt are too. Nobody is trying to stop them from doing so, by posting negative thoughts on RL2. It's just how they feel about the game.

At the end of the day, who wants to spend all this time online trying to make other people think the way we want them to. It won't happen.

Thread locked to prevent further controversy... movie idea's for tonights events can be discussed in off topic
<

Thread re-opened. Controversy removed. Post as normal. Sorry, by the way, to have deleted so many posts offering good points and which may have taken time to write but I don't think it's fair that SIDHE should be tarred with the brush which they had been.

Seems as good a place as any for my review after a couple months of playing it so here goes...

Firstly Rugby union is my favourite sport. Followed quite a way back by Cricket and then even further back League. Maybe that's why I'm not so critical of the game because I'm not putting every law/move under the spot light. I enjoyed Rugby League 1 a lot.

Starting off at the menus, yes, they do seem unneccessarily slow. However I can get over that. The range of options is impressive, the best franchise in a rugby game, and the only one with online play. I have had some injury issues (had a couple of games where if I got another injury I would have been screwed) like others but have managed to get by. I would like to be able to call unsigned players into the squad straight away in future versions.

The online play is nice, but I dunno, I just didn't seem to want to play it that often. Having better chat would've made it better and feel more online like.

Now the actual gameplay. I play on the close classic view (the one that swings behind the team with ball in hand). You get to see the improvement on animations and graphics a lot better here. Defending is easy to review. I like it. The players go where I want them to and yeah. The play-the-ball should be quicker so the defence doesn't always get the time to reset itself though. Charge downs should be added aswell as more illegal tackles. Catching the ball from up and unders is too easy on defence.

Attacking. Well. Admittedly, when I first got the game, and plugged in the promotional controller, I thought my controller must be bung, and changed my controller back to the original one. I got used to it. Passing from the play-the-ball is lame, I try and pass left and he just scoots. Passing around the field is good though.

Ball in hand play is fine by me. General play kicking is quite lame. When I pass to the play maker I expect to have all the time in the world to get my kick away. Instead I sometimes get tackled on the last when I'm trying to kick which I don't like. The tactical kicking around the in goal which I like to watch in rugby league doesn't seem to be replicated very well.

Cut scenes are stupid and take too long too load, this is one place where Rugby 2005 demolishes RL2. Yes, I did turn them off, but I shouldn't need too. I'm fine with them in Rugby 2005. Video ref. I had this happen for me several times early on, but haven't seen it in my franchise which is now onto it's second year?

Well I'm bored of typing now, so here's a summary...

The look of the game: 8/10. Graphics are good, cut scenes not.
The options of the game: 8.5/10. All the options you could want, some just not pulled off right.
The life of the game: 8.5/10. I could see myself playing franchise on and off for quite a while.
The defence aspect of the game: 9/10. Just dandy.
The attacking aspect of the game: 7/10. Suffers from control issues and kicking issues.

Overall 7.5/10. In general everything you want, however let down by some of those things not being that polished.

I would be happy if Sidhe took over from Swordfish making rugby union games to rival EA.

posted from palgn forums
http://palgn.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=9463
hmmmm
Well I must say that you've lost some respect from me Matt.
I played this game with a friend at Harvey Norman where it was on display.
He's a huge sports fan in general and loves League. I'd say we played the game for about 20 minutes against eachother. We both came to the conclusion that it's about as fun to play as playing with a dogs nuts.
Meaning it's complete arse, sluggish as hell and random at best. It has no chance in competing with EA, Konami or 2K games , it's just amazingly bad.
When running around, I seem to remember holding down on the analogue stick and my player running to the side. Not once did any of my tackles connect when I pressed the tackle button. Even passing is crap and flawed.
I won't even start on the horrible graphics thats should achieve 60 fps as standard, clipping problems thrown in for free and you just got to love the crowd detail (like PS1 era).
This game deserve a 5, maybe a 6 at best. No way does it deserve an 8, thats reserved for EA, 2K and Konami status.

The sad thing is, my friend was thoroughly enjoying the game until I pointed out all of it's problems. Thank god he realised just how pathetic it was. Commercial gamers have no clue what a good game is.

Originally posted by doovepop@Jan 28 2006, 02:09 PM
posted from palgn forums
hmmmm
He's a huge sports fan in general and loves League. I'd say we played the game for about 20 minutes against eachother. We both came to the conclusion that it's about as fun to play as playing with a dogs nuts.
Meaning it's complete arse, sluggish as hell and random at best. It has no chance in competing with EA, Konami or 2K games , it's just amazingly bad.
When running around, I seem to remember holding down on the analogue stick and my player running to the side. Not once did any of my tackles connect when I pressed the tackle button. Even passing is crap and flawed.
I won't even start on the horrible graphics thats should achieve 60 fps as standard, clipping problems thrown in for free and you just got to love the crowd detail (like PS1 era).
This game deserve a 5, maybe a 6 at best. No way does it deserve an 8, thats reserved for EA, 2K and Konami status.

The sad thing is, my friend was thoroughly enjoying the game until I pointed out all of it's problems. Thank god he realised just how pathetic it was. Commercial gamers have no clue what a good game is.
That's pretty harsh mate... the fact is that most sports fans out there aren't psycho game nuts who scruitinize every aspect of a game. I'll bet that most league fans out there want a game in which they can score a few tries with their favourate player and win the trophy with their favourate team. Saying that they don't know what a good game is because they aren't as diehard a gamer as you is rubbish.

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 28 2006, 03:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 28 2006, 03:21 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-doovepop
@Jan 28 2006, 02:09 PM
posted from palgn forums
hmmmm

That's pretty harsh mate... the fact is that most sports fans out there aren't psycho game nuts who scruitinize every aspect of a game. I'll bet that most league fans out there want a game in which they can score a few tries with their favourate player and win the trophy with their favourate team. Saying that they don't know what a good game is because they aren't as diehard a gamer as you is rubbish. [/b]
Agreed.

While I hated RL2 (well, hate is such a strong word... Disliked many aspects... Actually, only one really...), if someone is having fun with the game, you don't say "you're not allowed to like it. I think it's **** and I play games more than you..."

I realise it wasn't you doovepop, but still... Just my onion.

lol the rest of that thread is a crack up. this from sol bad also Havn't played EA's Rugby series however, I'm scared to play any Rugby related game as they aren't usually very good.

how would he know though he hasn't played any. what a clown. this guy is an idiot pure and simple.

It seems that from St Helens RLFC's closing of threads that we cannot criticise Sidhe here either for their product. A shame really.

You can criticise SIDHE all you want, just dont waste my time and everyone elses by having a pointless argument about hacking laws.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Feb 1 2006, 11:26 PM
You can criticise SIDHE all you want, just dont waste my time and everyone elses by having a pointless argument about hacking laws.
<
<
<
<
<

<

<
<
<

Okay...alriiiighty then!!

"Let's talk about mario...

just jokes....