• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RLWC Final 2013 - Australia vs. New Zealand

my reaction upon hearing the result was OUCH!

I seen a few Aus vs NZ RL matches between world cups and AUS always had the kiwis' number. I even caught one test match in Queenstown just before the Wales v France RWC Semi-final in 2011. The Kangaroos won comfortably. My hosts lost all interest as soon as Aus scored the third try. ...OUCH AGAIN!

anyway I'm not sure if NZ believe they can beat Aus, and anyway, The Kangaroos are just incredibly good.

The Kangaroos are always good, perhaps now people will see what a miracle it was that the Kiwis won the inaugural Rugby League World Cup four years ago in the heart of Aussie Rugby league, Fortress Sydney.
That was a stone cold miracle, and anyone who thought the Aussies were not going to exact their revenge is sorely mislead. Four years of bitterness was always going to see the Aussie coach and his green machine unleash a performance that was never going to allow the kiwis a chance to re-enact the David and Goliath scenario. The Kiwi's were always going to struggle with the likes of SBW more worried about his slicked back hair cut than what to do on the 6th tackle.
Congratulations to Oz, they are the best in the world at League and the result, whether it was one point or a hundred was always going to be the same.
Hardly any Kiwi's play RL, compared to rugby thats for sure.
The truth is England and NZ are the only contenders with any kind of chance to take on the Aussies and they are minnows compared to Aussie piranha.
Most Kiwis are like me when it comes to league, if the Kiwi's win it's a bonus, if they lose to Aussie, it's expected and we don't care at all.
All power to the Aussies for getting their Kangaroo crown, I can't see anyone taking it off them in my life time.
Yaaaaawn, but it's boofhead ball , so who cares...

The Kangaroos are always good, perhaps now people will see what a miracle it was that the Kiwis won the inaugural Rugby League World Cup four years ago in the heart of Aussie Rugby league, Fortress Sydney.
That was a stone cold miracle, and anyone who thought the Aussies were not going to exact their revenge is sorely mislead. Four years of bitterness was always going to see the Aussie coach and his green machine unleash a performance that was never going to allow the kiwis a chance to re-enact the David and Goliath scenario. The Kiwi's were always going to struggle with the likes of SBW more worried about his slicked back hair cut than what to do on the 6th tackle.
Congratulations to Oz, they are the best in the world at League and the result, whether it was one point or a hundred was always going to be the same.
Hardly any Kiwi's play RL, compared to rugby thats for sure.
The truth is England and NZ are the only contenders with any kind of chance to take on the Aussies and they are minnows compared to Aussie piranha.
Most Kiwis are like me when it comes to league, if the Kiwi's win it's a bonus, if they lose to Aussie, it's expected and we don't care at all.
All power to the Aussies for getting their Kangaroo crown, I can't see anyone taking it off them in my life time.
Yaaaaawn, but it's boofhead ball , so who cares...

This.
This is exactly how most people outside of West & South Auckland and a couple of suburbs in Welly and Canterbury feel.
Even half of the hardcore Leaguies will admit we were lucky to win that final in '08.
Truth be told, the result was more down to Aussie screwing up than the Kiwis playing well.

Normal Transmission has resumed.

Latest posts