• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RLWC Game 7 - USA vs Cook Islands

America have looked really good - majority are American/playing in America as well, which isn't often the case for the "smaller" sides (i.e. Italy).

America have looked really good - majority are American/playing in America as well, which isn't often the case for the "smaller" sides (i.e. Italy).

But they only have been chosen from about half of the availavle US Rugby League players pool - the AMNRL, a league which is not very well run organizationally. The much better organized USARL is not being represented in the WC.

Really good win for the US, have to say they are looking solid as a Rugby League nation.

They will be a real threat by the time the next RLWC comes around. Oh, when will be the voting or decision made on who gets to host the next RLWC and where? They should stick to a 4 year cycle and avoid other big team sports tournament years. So, 2017 would be a great year.

I remember in 2004 when the USA nearly beat Australia. Surprised I never heard much of them after that, but they could be a good rugby league nation. I had a feeling they were gonna win this one even though most thought the Cook Islands would

But they only have been chosen from about half of the availavle US Rugby League players pool - the AMNRL, a league which is not very well run organizationally. The much better organized USARL is not being represented in the WC.

Interesting why did that happen?

Interesting why did that happen?

The AMNRL is classed as the governing body for the sport in the States and the USARL was formed due to teams having some dissatisfaction with the way thing were being run so formed a new league. The AMNRL due to its position has full control of the US National side and I am guessing that not selecting any USARL players is just to snub the league. So in short the United States is in the middle of a Rugby League power struggle.

The US look like a confidence team to me, they started off very slowly and looked nervous, but that brilliant 40-20 from Priestley changed their fortunes and they were very good after that. It was a good game of league, really enjoyed it.

I get a look at the Tomahawks in the flesh next Thursday when they take on Scotland at Salford, I shall be there.

I have the feeling that the USARL will prevail within the next 1-2 years. AMNRL's only legitimacy is that they are recognized as the United States representative for the RLWC.

Their own website hasn't been updated in over 1 year (www.amnrl.com). Please feel free to check out their website.

No they aren't. In fact, there is a thread on League Unlimited from one of the premier people in American rugby league saying the squad is ridiculous from that standpoint.

Latest posts