• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 11: Brumbies v Hurricanes

Hey Truth... how about this... a one week of ownership on sigs for this game... and a bet on the other two games I mentioned? ie, bet on both games if it's a double then the winner has sig advertising rights from the start to the end of the tri-nations?

Originally posted by Dumbo@Apr 21 2006, 01:23 PM
Hey Truth... how about this... a one week of ownership on sigs for this game... and a bet on the other two games I mentioned? ie, bet on both games if it's a double then the winner has sig advertising rights from the start to the end of the tri-nations?
But what happens if its 1 and 1 after those two games?

Originally posted by Dumbo@Apr 21 2006, 01:37 PM
If it's one for one, then how about a combined points score to pick the winner?
Ok that sounds good enough to me....... anymore complication and the fun will be gone.

Although i would have liked to have the option to use my sig for further bets on the Tri-Nations games

I think the brumbies will win simply because of home field advantage. The crowd will really lift them and we still have very capable back-ups in Gene Fairbanks and Joel Wilson (the latter unlucky to not have played at least one game for australia).

it will be very close now I think. the brumbies will have to play well without 2 of their star playmakers in larkham and giteau. they do play well at home though and the home crowd could lift them to a victory. I still think the hurricanes have a slight edge due to the brumbies edges but it will be close if they do win

I'f we're still going to bet on this game Dumbo the rules are...

Sig ownership for one week ,no text ,and the sig must be rugby related..

Is that cool?

ummm... the brumbies are awesome at the breakdown. and stifling the possession of the canes. The canes when they do have the ball seem clueless, and either just fling it wide, or run straight at there defence. The problem is that they are recieving the ball flat footed, They need guys like umaga to act as dummy runners to free up space for guys like nonu who should be getting deep and running onto the ball. Im very impressed with the brumbies, considering two of there major playmakers are out injured. Fairbanks seems a bit shaky but with gerard taking the pressure of with the kicking hes may settle in.

At the moment george smith is well and truly getting the better of chris masoe.

o0o0 and matt giteau is wearing a nice scarff.

f***ing crap.

If I was Gopperth, I could have set up Fa'atau for a try in that last play.

Brumbies= Contenders.......Hurricanes=Pretenders

I think there's three teams that can win this comp now Waratahs,Crusaders and Brumbies....the Canes are overrated and both of there flyhalves suck.

A lucky bounce kept the Canes in it ,but the Brumbies were fairly impressive without two of there key players.

Wilson played a great game and got the better of Umaga, Fairbanks was ok but they do look a lot less threatening without Larkham and Giteau.....Mortlock and Smith were all class as usual.

Where's Dumbo? :D

Brumbies didn't play THAT well.

It wasn't the greatest game, and the Hurricanes have to be the worst looking top four team ever. Every game they play looks very.... forced. Very awkward. Every win they get looks untidy.

Every loss looks even worse. Bugger.

Your right ,they didn't play well but they showed they can beat a top 4 team without there two playmakers...... thats what impressed me

yeah i was impressed by them.

i agree that the s14 is between the crusaders, the NSW and the brumbies

Good effort by the brumbies without Larkham or Giteau! I Gotta say, this is definately one of those games where I was desperately hoping to get my tip wrong :bravo: .

good effort by the brumbies to get away with the win. the canes just seemed a bit lost on attack at time and it looked like they didn't know what the other guy was doing at times. they seem to lack that x-factor at 10 as well, a guy that can do something special to create an opportunity. holwell was ever flashy and always will be the steady 10 and gopperth is still learning the ropes at this level. it is a shame as they have proabbly one of the best backline in the comp but it is wasted by the lack of a x-factor 10

Originally posted by esoj@Apr 23 2006, 11:17 AM
good effort by the brumbies to get away with the win. the canes just seemed a bit lost on attack at time and it looked like they didn't know what the other guy was doing at times. they seem to lack that x-factor at 10 as well, a guy that can do something special to create an opportunity. holwell was ever flashy and always will be the steady 10 and gopperth is still learning the ropes at this level. it is a shame as they have proabbly one of the best backline in the comp but it is wasted by the lack of a x-factor 10
Aye. Spongebob has a heap of potential... And personally, I think he will gain it ALL if he grew that goatee he had in Rugby 06.

Holwell is always a safe option.

The Hurricanes on paper have a VERY good team. One of the best back rows in the competition, some of the best centres, very good outside backs, and an ever-improving tight five.
Weepu is one of the best halfbacks in the world. It's true that getting their no. 10 position sorted is their main issue. It's too hot and cold in that position lately.

In saying that, they haven't once looked like a semifinalist team this year. And that's teamwise, not just the one position.

Whats up with that sig Dumbo :vomit:

Does your wife know what you get up to on the internet ?

Let me guess, this was the punishment for the bet right? If so that's a bloody good find Truth :D .

Latest posts