• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 11: Brumbies v Hurricanes

D

Dumbo

Brumbies (ranked 4th) take on the Hurricanes (ranked 3rd) at home. The Brumbies showed that without Bernie lack the composure required to play quality rugby and got pumped by the Tah’s last time out. The Canes however come off a scrappy win against the Highlanders.
Both teams have issues at 1st5, but the Canes have Tana back… my votes going to the Canes by a narrow margin.

Hmmmm, this is a tough pick... Without larkham they are a different team, but they're also still bloody hard to beat in Camberra! I'll go the Brumbies by 2.

and i am chiros *****..oh i love it..he owns me like rassie owns dat springbok in his back yard

Im going for the Brumbies ,Larkham is a big loss but they have the best backup in Giteau..........hopefully they use him at 10 this week.

You wanna have a friendly bet on this one Dumbo?....... makes the game a little more interesting,even though the guy i bet last week looks like a no show.

Yup i'm interested mate... just want to hold off until I see who's playing.
If there any injuries to the Canes (specially the locks) it culd be good night for the Canes.
I'm about 95% sure the Canes can take it out (bet Ma'Nonu is looking forward to this one).

Whats your terms Truth?

Originally posted by Dumbo@Apr 18 2006, 01:09 PM
Yup i'm interested mate... just want to hold off until I see who's playing.
If there any injuries to the Canes (specially the locks) it culd be good night for the Canes.
I'm about 95% sure the Canes can take it out (bet Ma'Nonu is looking forward to this one).

Whats your terms Truth?
You choose

I'm thinking some kind of sig bet with a line of text ........ Aussie/Kiwi theme?

Due to this being the best NZ/Aus game this round... I'm in (although a bit unfair cause of only just worked out how they work).

Was kinda' hoping that you might like to take Chiro's 350 pound little sister off my hands... she eats a lot and my visitors get ****** off when she starts climbing trees and throwing coconuts... but other than that she’s ok... you could get her to shave her head as use her as a replacement for Brendan Cannon...

:ph34r:

PS: Who'd you get on with your last bet?

Originally posted by Dumbo@Apr 18 2006, 01:25 PM
Due to this being the best NZ/Aus game this round... I'm in (although a bit unfair cause of only just worked out how they work).

Was kinda' hoping that you might like to take Chiro's 350 pound little sister off my hands... she eats a lot and my visitors get ****** off when she starts climbing trees and throwing coconuts... but other than that she’s ok... you could get her to shave her head as use her as a replacement for Brendan Cannon...

:ph34r:

PS: Who'd you get on with your last bet?
I'll pass on Chiro's sister........ not many coconut trees around here anyway our forwards are pretty set...... if she can play flyhalf i might change my mind.

I backed the Reds last week

Larkham out four to six weeks

Tuesday, 18 April 2006

Steve Larkham will target the May 12 clash with the Crusaders to make his return from injury

CA Brumbies flyhalf Stephen Larkham will be sidelined for between four and six weeks after an MRI scan revealed he has suffered a grade two tear on his left hamstring.

The star playmaker limped from the field in the twelfth minute of Sunday night's 37-14 loss to the Waratahs at Aussie Stadium.

Larkham said that he would target the Brumbies final regular season match, against the Crusaders in Christchurch, to make his return.

"There is some hope that I'd be available to play in the final game of the regular season, but conservatively speaking it's more likely that I'd be fit to return for the semi-final if we happen to qualify," he said.

The injury will not disrupt the star flyhalf's Wallabies campaign, with the first test against England to be played in Sydney on 11 June.

CA Brumbies head coach Laurie Fisher said Larkham's injury is a blow to the team.

"Losing Stephen for what could possibly be the remainder of the regular season is a big blow to us," he said.

"He's our primary play-caller and one of our most experienced players so obviously we can't replace that."

"Having said that it gives Gene Fairbanks a tremendous opportunity to gain some experience at flyhalf, where he has trained throughout the pre-season and the season proper," said Fisher.

"He's done some very positive things in the time he's had on the field this season. He has never started at flyhalf at Super 14 level but he's certainly up to the task and is looking forward to it."

[/b]

LINK

this has to be the game of the round. both teams can play attacking rugby and i would not be surpised if this is a high scoring game. the brumbies without larkham will be interesting to see for sure. the brumbies are at home and they might tip the game in their favour.

I wonder what our team will look like. Fairbanks is tipped for the 10, he doesn't look all that flash. Giteau on his day is a dam good 10 so maybe they will swap him and Fairbanks around.

giteau is indeed out and mortlock has friday training to prove his fitness for the match http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/703661

teams

Hurricanes:

15. Isaia Toeava, 14. Lome Fa'atau, 13. Ma'a Nonu, 12. Tana Umaga, 11. Shannon Paku, 10. David Holwell, 9. Piri Weepu, 8. Rodney So'oialo (capt), 7. Chris Masoe, 6. Jerry Collins, 5. Jason Eaton, 4. Paul ***o, 3. Neemia Tialata, 2. Andrew Hore, 1. John Schwalger. Res: 16. Luke Mahoney, 17. Joe McDonnell, 18. Luke Andrews, 19. Thomas Waldrom, 20. Brendan Haami, 21. Jimmy Gopperth, 22. Tamati Ellison.

Brumbies:

15. Adam Ashley-Cooper, 14. Clyde Rathbone, 13. Stirling Mortlock (capt), 12. Joel Wilson, 11. Mark Gerrard, 10. Gene Fairbanks, 9. George Gregan, 8. Adam Wallace-Harrison, 7. George Smith, 6. Daniel Heenan, 5. Mark Chisholm, 4. Alistair Campbell, 3. Nick Henderson, 2. Jeremy Paul, 1. Bill Young. Res: 16. James McCormack, 17. Guy Shepherdson, 18. Radiki Samo, 19 Julian Salvi, 20. Patrick Phibbs, 21. Ben Batger, 22. Peter Owens.

Originally posted by Dumbo@Apr 20 2006, 10:34 AM
What was that bet again Truth?
Not so confident now, team still looks good enough to win but if Mortlock is ruled out they'll be in serious trouble.

I'm a man of my word, bet is still on....... it'll make this game have a little extra meaning.

Theres still plenty of games left to get my revenge if you make a fool out of me next week.

No worries mate, if Mortlock's out then I’d rather have a bet on a descent game. There's still plenty of them coming up... this one's turning out to be a should have been, would have been, could have been... not big on them mate.

Maybe we should look towards next couple of games and make it bit more worth while... although don't get me wrong the Canes really could f&*k this one up (they looked pretty shithouse against the Highlanders).

How about a bigger bet for the following... 12 May Crusaders v Brumbies or 13 May Waratahs v Hurricanes ? terms... sig ownership through the complete tri-nations?

If the Brumbies had have had everyone on deck I'd be really interested in this game... but they have too many key players that I'd like to see going down missing (no Bernie god dammit, Masoe, Collins and Rodney smashing Bernie would have been ample karma for a few NZ/Aus games I'd rather forget about).

Shame about this game, shame.

Originally posted by Dumbo@Apr 20 2006, 04:56 PM
How about a bigger bet for the following... 12 May Crusaders v Brumbies or 13 May Waratahs v Hurricanes ? terms... sig ownership through the complete tri-nations?
Ooooohhhhh big stakes huh

Out of those games i'd pick the Tahs game for big stakes.......but i wouldn't mind a smaller bet on the Crusaders game though.Bernie might be back and the Brumbies have had the wood on the Crusaders over the last few years.

I'd rather bet on the Crusaders vs Brumbies... will have a think (Tah's vs Canes has got me worried!)

That backline doesn't look great at all. And thats where the firepower is meant to be cause our forwards are **** as always.

Latest posts