• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 11: Sharks v Blues

D

Dumbo

Sharks (ranked equal 6th) take on the Blues (also ranked 6th equal) at home. The Sharks took out the lowly Cat’s last week and the Blues took out the equally lowly Force.
The Sharks have a good chance here as the Blues have had a long way to travel for this game plus they will be missing their standard 2nd5.
I think that the Blues will have no problem restructuring their backline however and will take this one out.

This will be a very close game. The Sharks are the form RSA team at the moment, and building momentum. The Blues are on a roll as well. However, the Sharks are back in familiar territory and this will allow them to focus more. I sense that they will get a largish size crowd to the game.

Sharks by 7 points.

However, if the Sharks decide to keep Adrian Jacobs in the Starting XV, Blues may well getter closer and possibly win. His performance against the Cats last weekend should be enough to see him get dropped.

I reckon the Sharks will win this one by 14..........there forwards should dominate.

Personally I wouldn't put money on that Truth until the Blues finalise their selection. I'd rate the Bulls to have one of the strongest forwards packs in the comp and Blues got through them...

Sharks forwards have really impressed me this year.......there much better than the Bulls.

The Blues are without Tipoki,Flavell and Joe, they have to travel ....... i think the Sharks will be too strong, there the best SA team by a mile.

I don't think that Tipoki will be hard to replace (they'll most probably go with McAllwayshurt and Nacewa combo) and on the wings though they have Waqaseduadua and Howlett to go with.

Flavell however will be a BIG issue, maybe they could put Lavea in as blind side flanker (and hope he breaks his kneck)... but agree that for the Blues to replace Flavell is going to be an issue. Think they'll go for that long haired idiot to replace him.

Haiu? f*** off.

Tight 5 is preety much set

6. Kaino
7. Braid
8. Williams

9. Senio

10. Nacewa/McAlister
11. Rocokoko
12. McAlister/Nacewa
13. Tuitavakie
14. Howlett if back (Wasa if not)
15. Brent Ward

McAlister is a better Fly Half than Nacewa, but he could be lethal with the extra space at 12, and IMO is a better defender and more likely to break the line similar to how Tipoki did... and the more time he gets at 12, the more chances he will finally displace Mauger there at All Black level.

The Sharks forwards dominated the Reds, and the Reds pack dominated the Bulls. Everyone keeps talking up the Bulls pack, yet they have been below par all year, and failed on a lot of occasions to live up to the hype.

BJ Botha (tighthead), has really impressed all season for the Sharks. If he keeps up his form, he should get very close to Springbok Squad selection.

Wahooo, forgot about Kaino... what’s this about Rocco though... Truth reckons he's out?

Probably, his body at times seems like its made out of wire.

Just did a quick google, can't find anything on it though.

I just assumed he was out as he limped off the field last week with what looked like a hamstring injury.

It would be a shame if he was out... Rocco has always played well in SA.

Has anyone heard what's happening with Bernie?

Brumbies sweat on Larkham's injury
Monday April 17 2006
'I thought our communication really let us down'
The Brumbies face the very real prospect of having to play the remainder of the Super 14 season without star playmaker Stephen Larkham after it was confirmed on that he had torn a hamstring in his team's 37-14 loss to the Waratahs in Sydney on Sunday.

The Brumbies had raced into an early 14-6 lead, but seemed to lose their way after Larkham left the field in the first half - with the Waratahs then scoring 31 unanswered points.

The Brumbies will know the full extent of Larkham's injury after further tests on Monday.

Coach Laurie Fisher acknowledged the role Larkham plays and what a serious blow his absence will be.

"To lose the guy who really steers you around the park was a body blow for us," Fisher said. "And we didn't get the rub of the green, but the side on the front foot generally gets those advantages."

Brumbies captain Stirling Mortlock echoed similar sentiments.

"I thought our communication really let us down in the second half," Mortlock said.

"Losing Stephen early in the match didn't help us, but we really let ourselves down by making too many errors in the second half, compared to the Waratahs who hardly made any throughout the match."[/b]

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Tournaments/Su...ory_50464.shtml

Originally posted by Ripper@Apr 18 2006, 02:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Brumbies sweat on Larkham's injury
Monday April 17 2006
'I thought our communication really let us down'
The Brumbies face the very real prospect of having to play the remainder of the Super 14 season without star playmaker Stephen Larkham after it was confirmed on that he had torn a hamstring in his team's 37-14 loss to the Waratahs in Sydney on Sunday.

The Brumbies had raced into an early 14-6 lead, but seemed to lose their way after Larkham left the field in the first half - with the Waratahs then scoring 31 unanswered points.

The Brumbies will know the full extent of Larkham's injury after further tests on Monday.

Coach Laurie Fisher acknowledged the role Larkham plays and what a serious blow his absence will be.

"To lose the guy who really steers you around the park was a body blow for us," Fisher said. "And we didn't get the rub of the green, but the side on the front foot generally gets those advantages."

Brumbies captain Stirling Mortlock echoed similar sentiments.

"I thought our communication really let us down in the second half," Mortlock said.

"Losing Stephen early in the match didn't help us, but we really let ourselves down by making too many errors in the second half, compared to the Waratahs who hardly made any throughout the match."

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Tournaments/Su...ory_50464.shtml [/b][/quote]
I just posted an updated story on the Brumbies/Canes thread

4-6 weeks they say

Tough call. Who`s going to lose can kiss any hope to reach the semis good bye! IMO Sharks have the edge, close edge but still i think they are favorites in this game.

They have the home ground advantage (Blues fail to produce smth extra in the away games), are on their best form so far and can pull this through.

It will be very close and in theory it`s everybody game! Looking forward to see this!

Sharks to win if you ask me by less than 7 points !

could go either way but i think the blues can win in a close one. I don't think the sharks will dominate the blues pack at all. the blues have showen that their pack this year is very good and can match anyone in the comp with it.

joe went off with a calf injury and had it iced as a pre-caution. he will proabbly be fit I think othwerwise wasa or dougie will take his spot. either mcAlister or nacewa will play for sure with the other one playing 10. that I think will be a lethal combination and will cause the sharks lots of problem with the likes of tutivake dougie ward joe and wasa to finish things off.

blue by 1-12

Interesting that you say that esoj, I think it could well come down to the forwards. But I think it will be a closer battle in the forwards than most people would think.

BLUES side to face the Sharks

15. Brent Ward
14. Doug Howlett
13. Anthony Tuitavake
12. Isa Nacewa
11. Joe Rokocoko
10. Luke McAlister
9. John Senio
8. Nick Williams
7. Daniel Braid
6. Anthony Boric
5. Ali Williams
4. Greg Rawlinson
3. John Afoa
2. Keven Mealamu ©
1. Tony Woodcock

16. Tim Dow
17. Saimone Taumoepeau
18. Jerome Kaino
19. Onosai'I Tololima-Auava'a
20. Junior Poluleuligaga
21. Ben Atiga
22. Viliame Waqaseduadua

I hope the Sharks start Pieterson on the wing and i'd also like to see Barritt get a start......they both look like future stars

I wouldn't underestimate the Sharks backs if i was a Blues fan..... they got some classy players.

Latest posts