• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 12 - Brumbies v Reds

D

Dumbo

Brumbies (ranked 4th) take on the Red’s (ranked 11th) at home.
The Brumbies will be match favourites after their performance against the Canes, the Reds how ever after their poor performance last week will be looking to up their game.

It'll be tough and the forwards battle will be very interesting as will gregan and coringley but the brumbies to win by 11.

Cordingley should be another week away, he better hurry up and get back coz Gregan looking more likely to retain his #9 jersey every week Sam doesn't play.

This is a danger game for the Brumbies, as much as i like the Reds .... i hope they dont go and ruin the Brumbies finals chances this week.

The Reds have trouble with the Brumbies and this one is at home for the Brumbies so I can't see anything but a win for them. With Giteau bound to be back the backline should flow a lot better this week.

Yes the reds have only ever beaten the brumbies once. It was 1997 at Ballymore and they still only won by 1.

Reds 24 man team

Queensland: Chris Latham, Peter Hynes, Ben Tune, Julian Huxley, Drew Mitchell, Berrick Barnes, Josh Valentine, John Roe (captain), David Croft, Tom McVerry, James Horwill, Mark Connors, Rodney Blake, Sean Hardman, Greg Holmes, Stephen Moore, Anthony Mathison, Cameron Treloar, Mitchell Chapman, Nic Berry, Lloyd Johansson, Tim Atkinson, Caleb Brown, Steve Kefu.

Kefu could replace Barnes as I hear he is struggling with his shoulder.

Here's hoping the Reds can win and make the race for the finals more interesting. Slim chance but there's always hope :rolleyes: . Mind you with Latham back, and a couple of the Brumbies players injured anything is possible.

Realistically I believe it will be the Brumbies by 9 points.

Yes with Latham back and a couple of our players missing..... did you see last week?????

I wonder what our team will be like. Fairbanks was shocking at 5/8 while Wilson was quite good at inside centre.

Hope for a Reds win, they too have mathematical chances to reach the semis! Wouldn`t that be great Wally? :D

Um, reds can't make it, no chance....

And Fairbanks impressed me at flyhalf, although you could have never expected him to be like Larkham at this stage. He played a far more defensive game, but was able to consistently get the ball onto a charging wilson (who had a blinder) or mortlock.

Deano's better at flyhalf than Gits though...

Head to Head:
Brumbies: 15 Adam Ashley-Cooper, 14 Clyde Rathbone, 13 Stirling Mortlock (captain), 12 Matt Giteau, 11 Mark Gerrard, 10 Gene Fairbanks, 9 George Gregan, 8 Adam Wallace-Harrison, 7 George Smith, 6 Daniel Heenan, 5 Mark Chisholm, 4 Alister Campbell, 3 Guy Shepherdson, 2 Jeremy Paul, 1 Nic Henderson.
Replacements: 16 James McCormack, 17 Bill Young, 18 Radike Samo, 19 Julian Salvi, 20 Patrick Phibbs, 21 Joel Wilson, 22 Ben Batger.

Reds: 15 Chris Latham, 14 Peter Hynes, 13 Ben Tune, 12 Julian Huxley, 11 Drew Mitchell, 10 Berrick Barnes, 9 Josh Valentine, 8 John Roe, 7 David Croft, 6 Tom McVerry, 5 James Horwill, 4 Mark Connors, 3 Rodney Blake, 2 Sean Hardman, 1 Greg Holmes.
Replacements: 16 Stephen Moore, 17 Anthony Mathison, 18 Cameron Treloar, 19 Mitchell Chapman, 20 Nic Berry, 21 Steve Kefu, 22 Caleb Brown
---------------------------------------
Latham's back! don't think it will be enough though...

Brumbies at home, it'll be 5 degrees and the Reds are used to 25 +, Brumbies easily...

Originally posted by Jacko@Apr 28 2006, 10:39 AM
Um, reds can't make it, no chance....

And Fairbanks impressed me at flyhalf, although you could have never expected him to be like Larkham at this stage. He played a far more defensive game, but was able to consistently get the ball onto a charging wilson (who had a blinder) or mortlock.

Deano's better at flyhalf than Gits though...
The main problem was his kicking game. We relied way too much on Mortlock and Gerrard. If we played the Crusaders we would have been hammered.

And Johnnson is injuried.

Originally posted by dobrien7@Apr 30 2006, 12:05 AM
Easy pick that one...
True, but it should be harder... maybe if the Queenslanders remind themselves that the ACT is inside NSW they'll play better :p . Because seriously, they just don't fire up against the Brumbies like they do against the Tahs.

Latest posts