• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 12 - Highlanders v Waratahs

Originally posted by aussie1st@Apr 29 2006, 03:54 PM
:lol: No chance in hell!
Of what? Blues actually impersonating Houdini and getting into the semi's, or the Tahs winning a semi???

a good team can win ugly, and this game most certainly wasn't pretty...

that the scrum failed so spectacularly and we still managed to keep the ball is a credit to Whits... going to miss that boy :wah:

Originally posted by GoTheTahs@May 4 2006, 04:23 PM
a good team can win ugly, and this game most certainly wasn't pretty...

that the scrum failed so spectacularly and we still managed to keep the ball is a credit to Whits... going to miss that boy :wah:
A good example of a bridesmaid (to Gregan) who deserved more time at the altar...

Originally posted by dobrien7@Apr 29 2006, 12:58 PM
Here's my one time marginal claim to know someone famous, and in NZ that's an All Black...

Back when we were 15/16, we had an inter school sports exchange where Kings High from Dunedin came down and played us, and the next year we (James Hargest High) went up and played them at cricket. Our family had the pleasure of Carl being billeted with us. Even back then he was a big prick, nice guy, excellent prop, easily #1 in his position.

The Tahs scrum going backwards would be due to Highlanders front row, which includes our Southland capatain Clarke Dermody, another promising prop.
I have one of those stories as well.

When i was at Southland Boys' High i played rugby for a season there in the Under 16's in my team there was Corey Flynn, Clarke Dermody, David Hall and old Mils Plus some local southland plyers now Jeff Wright and Jamie Macintosh.

Corey Flynn almost broke my nose fending me in a game the prick... played a lot of cricket with against David Hall too.

Yeah david hall did play a bit of cricket i don't know if he was any good at though what do you reckon

Latest posts