• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 13 - Cats v Blues

I think the Bulls best hope is for them to win there last 2 games with 2 bp's and for the Brumbies to lose there last game against the Crusaders by more than 7 scoring less than 4 tries.

Larkham wont be risked in the last game unless absolutely necessary....... i dont think the Brumbies can beat the Crusaders away without Larkham.

The truth is right, I don't know if you've already seen these scenarios, the only way the bulls can get in the back door is by brumbies/hurricanes losing, :

The road to the play-offs
Sunday April 30 2006
Four more fall by the wayside
There are just two rounds remaining in the regular season of the inaugural Super 14 competition and now just eight teams remain in the running for a place in the play-offs - albeit some with such mathematically remote chances that it would require a bizarre set of results for them to make it.

And even more outlandish is the fact that the Crusaders, who two weeks ago were regarded as certainties for a place in the play-offs, have still not secured enough points - having played to a draw against the Force and lost to the Stormers, collecting just two points from their last two matches. With games against the Bulls and Brumbies remaining they are no longer certainties.

Unlike last week, six teams are now out of the running - with the Stormers (despite their brilliant win over the Crusaders), Highlanders, Cheetahs and Reds joining the Cats and Force as also-rans.

What must be heartbreaking for a team like the Stormers is that they did what they needed to - collect a full five points against the Crusaders - but with the Hurricanes and Brumbies both winning they have run out of games to make up the difference.

The irony is that the Chiefs, who lost to the Hurricanes and failed to collect a single point, are one of those with a mathematically remote chance of sneaking in. The Blues' fortuitous one-point win in Bloemfontein over the Cheetahs also kept their hopes alive.

The Sharks, another team who lost, stayed in the hunt thanks to the two bonus points they collected. But they require either the Brumbies or Hurricanes to lose both their remaining matches and then the Sharks must win by considerable margins against the Stormers and Force.

The Bulls kept their hopes alive by taking five points against the Sharks, but they still require the Hurricanes and/or Brumbies to lose in the remaining weeks if they want to sneak in the back door. They have matches against the Crusaders and Stormers coming up.

We set out below all the possible scenarios that the next two weeks could produce, but please bear in mind that in some cases where we list the 'best possible finish' it will require a number of results going in favour of that team.

Here goes - team by team:

Waratahs:
Current position: 1st
Best possible finish: 1st
Worst possible finish: 5th
Remaining fixtures:
6 May: v Chiefs, away
13 May: v Hurricanes, home

Crusaders:
Current position: 2nd
Worst possible finish: 5th
Remaining fixtures:
5 May: v Bulls, away
12 May: v Brumbies, home

Hurricanes:
Current position: 3rd
Worst possible finish: 6th
Remaining:
5 May: v Reds, home
13 May: v Waratahs, away

Brumbies:
Current position: 4th
Worst possible finish: 8th
Remaining fixtures:
6 May: v Highlanders, home
12 May: v Crusaders, away

Bulls:
Current position: 5th
Worst possible finish: 8th
Remaining fixtures:
5 May: v Crusaders, home
13 May: v Stormers, away

Sharks:
Current position: 6th
Best possible finish: 3rd
Worst possible finish: 11th
Remaining fixtures:
6 May: v Stormers, home
12 May: v Force, home

Chiefs:
Current position: 7th
Best possible finish: 4th
Worst possible finish: 12th
Remaining fixtures:
6 May: v Waratahs, home
13 May: v Blues, away

Blues:
Current position: 8th
Best possible finish: 4th
Remaining fixtures:
6 May: v Cats, away
13 May: v Chiefs, home

Stormers:
Current position: 9th
Best possible finish: 6th
Remaining fixtures:
6 May: v Sharks, away
13 May: v Bulls, home

Highlanders:
Current position: 10th
Remaining fixtures:
6 May: v Brumbies, away
12 May: v Reds, away

Cheetahs:
Current position: 11th
Remaining fixtures:
6 May: v Force, home
13 May: v Cats, home

Reds:
Current position: 12th
Best possible finish: 7th
Worst possible finish: 14th
Remaining fixtures:
5 May: v Hurricanes, away
12 May: v Highlanders, home

Cats:
Current position: 13th
Best possible finish: 12th
Remaining fixtures:
6 May: v Blues, home
13 May: v Cheetahs, away

Force:
Current position: 14th
Best possible finish: 13th
Remaining fixtures:
6 May: v Cheetahs, away
12 May: v Sharks, away

By Jan de Koning, Rugby365

Originally posted by Dumbo@May 3 2006, 11:48 PM
Has anyone noticed that the Blues supporters seem to have gone walk about?
were have we gone? the same place you would go if you had a team full of f***ing islanders who cant play 80 min of rugby, gets 16 week bans for fighting, have tassesa lavea in the squad, coach that doesnt understand the structure of a auckland gameplay, and has a converted changing shed to cover for all of our injuries. blues are lucky to be 8th.

Originally posted by Dumbo@May 4 2006, 12:33 AM
Must have gone to the league section... hoping for better pickings.
Personally I find backing the Chiefs a very easy experience, you expect them to lose and they lose… easy… for members that don’t know, Auckland has a bit of a global inferiority complex… don’t hassle them about it to much though cause they can be a bit sensitive about it (best kept under the table I guess, it’s kinda like having a gay brother or something)…
What Sambad said.

We are too used to excellence to put up with ****.

But we'll be laughing come NPC time when we win our 4th ***le in 5 years.

I think the blues are all crap bloody JAFAS and they are playing away from home and the cats play well in front of a home crowd.

GO THE CATS!!!!

Cats:

15 Earl Rose, 14 Conrad Jantjes, 13 Jaque Fourie, 12 Wayne Julies, 11 Wylie Human, 10 André Pretorius (captain), 9 Jano Vermaak, 8 Ernst Joubert, 7 Trevor Hall, 6 Cobus Grobbelaar, 5 Willem Stoltz, 4 KleinJan Tromp, 3 Bertus Smit, 2 Delarey du Preez, 1 Lawrence Sephaka.
Replacements: 16 Willie Wepener, 17 Daniel Muller, 18 Alten Hulme, 19 Gerhard Vosloo, 20 Enrico Januarie, 21 Doppies la Grange, 22 Grant Esterhuizen.

Originally posted by sambãd5+May 4 2006, 05:55 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Dumbo
@May 3 2006, 11:48 PM
Has anyone noticed that the Blues supporters seem to have gone walk about?
were have we gone? the same place you would go if you had a team full of f***ing islanders who cant play 80 min of rugby, gets 16 week bans for fighting, have tassesa lavea in the squad, coach that doesnt understand the structure of a auckland gameplay, and has a converted changing shed to cover for all of our injuries. blues are lucky to be 8th. [/b]
Ummm, I back the Chiefs... we have all the problems as the Blues EXCEPT for one thing... like ripper said... we are not used to excellence, losing is something that we have been practicing for years.

Originally posted by Candyman@May 4 2006, 05:25 PM
I think the blues are all crap bloody JAFAS and they are playing away from home and the cats play well in front of a home crowd.

GO THE CATS!!!!
Another Bitter South Islander. :bravo:

hopefully the blues can defend a bit better than last week but attack with the same confidence. blues if they tighten up the defence should win fairly easily. blues by 12

Cats won 34-33!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn:
What makes it funnier is that it's right after Ripper was touting his teams proud history in the face of the Tahs loss! Good PAST results or not, you bums just got owned by the CATS! :bleh!:
Karma is ***** aint it?

Oh really?

Last time I checked we still have our 3 Super 12 ***les and the 8-3 Record over the Waratards (2 your victories came over a team with Lavea in it, so they don't really count), compared to a history of imploding when the going gets tough.

Originally posted by Ripper@May 7 2006, 09:23 AM
Oh really?

Last time I checked we still have our 3 Super 12 ***les and the 8-3 Record over the Waratards (2 your victories came over a team with Lavea in it, so they don't really count), compared to a history of imploding when the going gets tough.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol2tn:

Yeah, good come back Rassie... I mean Ripper

43-9
34-33 *cough* CATS (Necewa was playing too hahahahahaha)

sheeeeeet...always next year ripper..dont worry waratahs havent won 3 ***les yet,so they should have no say on our history...

becoz the closest they got to the gold ware was at a beatdown by the crusaders

bye bye lavea and thanx for the 90% of the losses we had..i dont expect 2 see you next year...i just put you on the triads list and you be found somewhere in town..preferably not breathing

i vote that we put nucifora into a suitcase and throw him into the harbor.

What a waste of a perfectly good suitcase... and the inconvience of having to cut him and his ample gut up.

We aren't all Azn Triads with money to burn like you and Chiro.

True that. I say we just continue to grumble about him, until he dies of a severe case of silent hate.

Originally posted by Ripper+May 5 2006, 02:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Candyman
@May 4 2006, 05:25 PM

GO THE CATS!!!!
Another Bitter South Islander. :bravo: [/b]
Not bitter just don't like them they think anything south of the bombay hills does not belong to NZ

That's okay though. We don't think anything north of the Bombay Hills belongs to New Zealand.

Latest posts