• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 5: Sharks v Crusaders

The Sharks really had no right winning this game, it is a complete lack of awareness on the part of Canterbury.[/b]
Are you seriously the biggest idiot in the world?

Great stuff by the Sharks- showing so much composure in closing it out right at the death- almost Crusaders-like in that respect!

Lots of handling errors on both sides, bit of aimless kicking on both sides at times, and a couple of very soft tries let in by the Sharks. But hell, I`m not complaining.

Percy is really looking better than ever, AJ Venter`s proving a collossal presence on the side of the scrum, Kankowski`s starting to deliver on his promise, and JP Pietersen and Odwa Ndungane looked really sharp out wide- even if Odwa messed up by knocking while over the line in the earlier stages- but his final score was something special alright. On a negative side, the scrums looked pretty average without BJ Botha`s presence at no3, Deon Carstens is a loosehead, and nothing but a loosehead. Also, John Smit`s line-out work was below par, even though he seems to have recovered his defense and work in the tight loose.

All in all, 4 wins in 4 starts tells the story- if you have a dream draw, use it to your advantage!

Going for what bonus point? Crusaders only scored 2 tries. Going for a 3rd?[/b]

I made my post right after the game, and well I just assumed that Canterbury had some logical reason for trying to attack instead of putting the ball into touch and having the game end right there before the Sharks even had a chance for a fluke try.

Why did the sharks have no right winning this game?[/b]

I guess I should explain my self further. The Sharks had no right to win it because Canterbury were up by 6 in extra time and apparently had only scored 2 tries, so no chance of a bonus point. Yet they chose to keep attacking to score another try instead of kicking the ball out of bounds and ending the game right there with a hard fought victory. Instead they turn the ball over after what two phases? And the Sharks go 70odd meters for a try and the kick that wins it. Do the Sharks deserve the victory? Of course they fought hard the whole way and ended the game in a dramatic way. But they shouldn't have won it, and that's what I meant.

But they shouldn't have won it, and that's what I meant.
[/b]

shouldn't have won it ? maybe.

But if the other team was just plain dumb enough to do what the Saders did, they definitely deserve what they got.

Allthough gotta hand it to the Sharks for making something out of what was basically a done and dusted game after the full 80 minutes were allready gone with them in there own 22 and not even in posession of the ball, probably the dream end of the competition.
This would make an even more magical ending then most of those amarican football movies.

I actually jumped up and shouted at the TV, little dance and all... I never do that. :p

<div class='quotemain'>
But they shouldn't have won it, and that's what I meant.
[/b]

shouldn't have won it ? maybe.

But if the other team was just plain dumb enough to do what the Saders did, they definitely deserve what they got.

Allthough gotta hand it to the Sharks for making something out of what was basically a done and dusted game after the full 80 minutes were allready gone with them in there own 22 and not even in posession of the ball, probably the dream end of the competition.
This would make an even more magical ending then most of those amarican football movies.

I actually jumped up and shouted at the TV, little dance and all... I never do that. :p
[/b][/quote]

At the level they are at, playing against a side like the Crusaders (should be) they should never win that contest, in that situation. Acording to planet-rugby, Corey Flynn never heard the full-time hooter. It's a fair point because I didn't either. But common sense would suggest the game is over. If you think about it the Sharks had a penalty on their 22 or just outside but took a quick tap instead of going for touch because the ref said there was no time for a lineout. The Crusaders were not privy to that conversation but with Montgomery's boot they could have put that ball 50m down the touch line but chose not to. That was the moment they should have realized that the game was over.

The game was great no doubt about that, I too jumped up out of my chair; However, I was screaming "NO! NO! NO!". It just had to be a hollywood ending too with the kick going right down the middle.

Latest posts