• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 6: Blues v Lions

D

Dumbo

The mighty Blues (top of the ladder) take on the brave Lions in Auckland.
Both team come off wins last week, the Blues will be looking to cement another win before having a week off and the Lions will be keen to keep on winning out of South Africa.
Also it will be a good opportunity for us viewers to see how the Lions conduct themselves against a formidable attack that the Blues have at hand.

Last weeks effort from the Lions against the Reds did not win me over and in this one I’m going for the Blues to hand out a bit of a hiding…

This is going to be a real test on the Blues defence and also for the forwards.

The Lions will be well marshalled by the return of Andre Pretorius, and with big Jacque Fourie at the back, Toeava should be on his toes.

BLUES by 10.

This games a huge one for the Lions, if they can win this one then there pretty much in the running.
Still the Blues are looking good and I don't think the return of Pretorius will provide the added inspiration needed to knock of the Blues.

Blues 10+

this should be a great challenge..i reckon this match will show how really good the blues are...trying to adapt to the first s.a team they will play

lions have been solid too!..should be a gud assessment on our forwards..i still dont reckon the pack is quality enough to win a championship..when williams,mealamu and woodcock return it shud solidfy things

should be a good game this one.blues have the attack to punish any team they just need the forwards to provide them with quality ball. lions have suprised many and have proabbly been the pick of the sa teams so far this season. whether or not they can contain th blues backline remains to be seen. should be a good match but the blues to tear the lions apart and win by 15+.

I will also hopefully have foxtel by the time the game starts.

The standings suggest that this will be the match of the round.

However, I think the Blues will be too strong for the Lions. The Lions are lucky they got to play the Reds and the Force away, cos they're pretty mud at home and are ****.

However, the Blues are a class above the Reds, and they should win this match in the style they've won the others. Things will be tight in the first half, but the Blues will pull away in the 2nd, and I'm guessing a bonus point try for the Blues.

Yeah I'd say the Blues, but got a feeling Lions could be a stick in the mud here...

BUT the Blues coach goes and replaces 10 and 12 !?
Nothing wrong with the replacemenst BUT McAlistair and Nacewa are on fire... stange days indeed.

If the Blues lose this then the 10 and 12 change is going to look pretty bloody stupid, however if it comes off then Blues have shown that they've got the depth to get them through to the finals.

Remember they have most of the AB's front row returning in their next game (due to having a week off) PLUS a world class lock and one hell of a winger... just thought they would have aimed to go into the break on top.

Blues will win... but they are going to have to work for it.

Methinks that the Blues have just too much quality, even though the current Lions side is something very special at the moment. If the Lions can establish outright forward dominance, which I don`t think them capable of, then they might just sneak through, but the Blues, with their potent backline, only really needs parity of possession to do the stuff.

Blues by less than 7.

Blues to end with the Lions share of the points. To much quality all round. the Lions have only just scraped in against the 2 weak Oz sides. Blues in the Semi for sure.

hey you guys never know..im a staunch blues fan but im well aware that this competition will be full of upsets yet to come..thats the beauty of all this so far..

im very skeptical of the blues winning...i hope they do tho!

btw..look at the top 4...3 s.a teams?..thats unheard of hahaha..just aslong as we edge them "kangaroo huggers" out..then i will hvae no quams

Head to Head:
BLUES: 15 Ben Atiga, 14 Doug Howlett, 13 Isaia Toeava, 12 Sam Tuitupou, 11 Rudi Wulf, 10 David Holwell, 9 David Gibson; 8 Nick Williams, 7 Daniel Braid, 6 Jerome Kaino, 5 Troy Flavell ©, 4 Greg Rawlinson, 3 John Afoa, 2 Derren Witcombe, 1 Saimone Taumoepeau. Reserves: 16 Chris Heard, 17 Nick White, 18 Anthony Boric, 19 Angus Macdonald, 20 Steve Devine, 21 Isa Nacewa, 22 Luke McAlister.

LIONS: 15 Earl Rose, 14 Louis Ludik, 13 Jaque Fourie, 12 Doppies la Grange, 11 Jaco Pretorius, 10 Andre Pretorius, 9 Enrico Januarie; 8 Jacques Cronje 7 Ernst Joubert ©, 6 Cobus Grobbelaar, 5 Anton van Zyl, 4 Cobus Grobler, 3 Brian Mujati, 2 Willie Wepener, 1 Heinke van der Merwe. Reserves: 16 Ethienne Reynecke, 17 Bertus Smit, 18 Franco van der Merwe, 19 Willem Alberts, 20 Jano Vermaak, 21 Louis Strydom, 22 Jaco van Schalkwyk.

Referee: Paul Marks (Aus).

I will be going to the game tomorrow and cant bloody wait.

Good to see Nick Williams back and also the return of the Juggernaut at 12.

that is a very powerful looking forward pack...thats what it should look like..GO THE BLUES!

Blues pounded the Lions. Lions were lucky, the score could've been more, but the Blues chose not to put in Nacewa and McAlister.

So many missed opportunities

BLues as predicted, Howlett had a thing for Lions fullback, nothing like 2 featherweights going hammer and tongs!

The numpties on planet-rugby predicted a lions win. :lol:

They smashed the lions....the lions are good but not that good. :blink:

Give them a few seasons with the same group and coach together and i think they can deliver s.af first s whatever ***le.

Actually its a matter of time before a S.AF team does it....its being 11 years and they havent done it. :eek:

gotta say... very happy about how davey holwell went.
the blues certainly have a quality back up if nacewa gets injured.

blues turned it on even without several key players. they will be a huge force this year when they get more of their top players back,. they still have some more home games before the final trip to soth africa by which time I think they will have wrapped up a semi spot. for all blues fans so far so good this year and hopefully it might be another ***le wining year

Latest posts