• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Roundabouts and other driving pet peeves

This happens to my friends GFs car 2 times in quick succession. The thing is, garages are buying what they fully known are stolen parts. I don't think there will be much success trying to stop it at source but the police should aim to shut down the market for these parts by properly prosecuting buyers who know they are stolen goods.

Saw two cars outside the university halls by my work that had had it done last week, it's mad how prevalent it is atm

an ex had the hybrid part of her Prius stripped . . . cheaped out on rent living in a bad part of town

There is difficulty in getting car parts in the automotive trade at the moment. I paid £140 for a seatbelt clasp. Sunlit uplands?

Why? what happened to you (cycling?) In Sheffield?
Luckily wasn't cycling, but someone sideswiped my months old car trying to overtake in a filter lane and cut in at the last minute.... It was fine though, as they were indicating...

Luckily wasn't cycling, but someone sideswiped my months old car trying to overtake in a filter lane and cut in at the last minute.... It was fine though, as they were indicating...
Funny you should say that because two buses in my local town centre sideswiped each other last week. Took a pic. I don't understand how they did this. Looks like the Red eagle bus tried to overtake the metro line bus and the latter wouldn't let him overtake just before a mini roundabout. Luckily no one was hurt but a lot of glass on the ground and dents to both buses. 62EF7D76-5434-4765-871E-50F88EEDBC47.jpeg

Imagine that but the other way around.

I was in the correct lane, and ahead of them. They just steered into the side of my car... and then tried to blame me.

Imagine that but the other way around.

I was in the correct lane, and ahead of them. They just steered into the side of my car... and then tried to blame me.
Yeh, same thing happened to my sister just over 3 years ago apart from the driver turned into her car from opposite direction.

Her front right of her car was badly damaged and the front right wheel was caved in. Other driver turned round and blamed my sister for driving too fast and driving into her.

Got to the stage when it was about to go to court after a year when the other side withdrew. Looked at the pics and could tell unless my sister drove into the other driver's car sideways it was impossible and the other driver's story just didn't add up and no wonder she withdrew otherwise the judge would have thrown her case out.

Just the nerve of some drivers not to take responsibility for their bad driving. No wonder peeps now drive with on board cameras.

7EB98C4E-AA13-4B60-B562-ECF9468BADEE.jpeg

Usually I hate anything to do with the Sun but only footage I could find on YouTube:

Last edited:
I wouldn't be against drivers who demonstrate clear poor driving like the above be stripped of their license and forced to retake their test.

Honestly, the sooner self driving cars become a proper reality the better. They will save thousands of lives each year. Car manufacturers have to accept that liability for any incidents shifts to them though, so no guarantee it happens yet. There's also the catasrophic thought of 'what if the cars are hacked causing mass accidents'.

No way I am buying a car which can self drive. Just don't trust the tech yet.

But yeh the car that knocked down Dan Walker just changed lanes without signalling and seeing him. Happens so often. Having said that I wouldn't consider riding on such a roundabout and during rush hour even on an e-bike.

No way I am buying a car which can self drive. Just don't trust the tech yet.

I don't trust the tech yet.... but it won't be long until I trust it more than most human drivers who either lack the concentration, reaction times, or care to operate a vehicle safely.

Self-driving cars require massive legislative and regulatory actions to become a reality. Until then the software will never be ready because there needs to statutes in law about the priority of decision making and the liability of such decisions

They can't seem to get the infrastructure in place for electric vehicles or work out how they are going to cover the lost fuel revenue. Let alone think about changing self-drive laws.

The law changes for self-drive is interesing. Most laws involve being "in charge" of a motor vehicle. You can still be drunk "in charge" with the keys in your pocket in close proximity to your car. Plus most of the Road traffic act rambles on about owing to the presence of a vehicle on the road. So these might still fit self-drive vehicles. How the law gets around careless, reckess, inconsiderate is a different story.

Latest posts