British Irish Lions

Which Tyler

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

All the changes are just actually writing down what was already the rule of the road. I agree though, I thought zebra crossings were already written in - maybe it's the addition of "cyclists".

"If there's something in the road, and you can see it - try not to hit it" Though again, giving way to a waiting pedestrian has always been the polite thing, rather than the expected thing.

Bada-Bing!

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Country Flag

Hong Kong

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

They closed M1 today at 12:30pm north of London and it just took me nearly 4 hours to get home. One accident (supposedly someone died- RIP) can cause such knock on chaos.

ncurd

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Part of the earlier conversation was about using your phone to pay for things its in the list of exceptions, https://www.gov.uk/using-mobile-phones-when-driving-the-law

Using a phone, sat nav or other device when driving​

It’s illegal to hold and use a phone, sat nav, tablet, or any device that can send or receive data, while driving or riding a motorcycle.
This means you must not use a device in your hand for any reason, whether online or offline.
For example, you must not text, make calls, take photos or videos, or browse the web.
The law still applies to you if you’re:
  • stopped at traffic lights
  • queuing in traffic
  • supervising a learner driver
  • driving a car that turns off the engine when you stop moving
  • holding and using a device that’s offline or in flight mode

Exceptions​

You can use a device held in your hand if:
  • you need to call 999 or 112 in an emergency and it’s unsafe or impractical to stop
  • you’re safely parked
  • you’re making a contactless payment in a vehicle that is not moving, for example at a drive-through restaurant
  • you’re using the device to park your vehicle remotely

Got an Amazon Auto for my car recently (was free for buying expensive tyres) works pretty well when there's a phone signal.

dullonien

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Wales

Missed one of the main ones, especially for motorway driving - tailgating. Apart from being extremely dangerous, tailgating restricts the drivers view of the road ahead due to being blocked by the car in front. As a result they can't foresee changes in traffic speed up ahead and are forced to react last minute to the car immediately in front = lots of braking = more use of the accelerator.

Bada-Bing!

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Country Flag

Hong Kong

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Missed one of the main ones, especially for motorway driving - tailgating. Apart from being extremely dangerous, tailgating restricts the drivers view of the road ahead due to being blocked by the car in front. As a result they can't foresee changes in traffic speed up ahead and are forced to react last minute to the car immediately in front = lots of braking = more use of the accelerator.
Yeah I can’t stand tailgaters either and yes it’s a damn waste of fuel then having to brake suddenly but that’s their problem. On motorways I try and avoid getting tailgated if I am on one of the outside lanes by moving back to the left one, but still not a nice experience getting bullied into it.

But on normal roads there is no excuse for tailgating. I just put my hazard lights on temporarily to remind the tailgater they’re getting too close and maintain my own speed. Usually that does the trick.

Latest posts