• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 07 wishlist

As posted in a similar (sort of) topic.

Firstly the forward play needs improving. Mauls need to happen more often with a revamped system. Cross between Rugby Challenge and Rugby 2001. Have the abiltiy to add and remove players and put a drive on. You need to be able to control when you hand the ball back and have a big shunt button.

So a maul with same circular tapping as RC2006 and the dig push thing from Rugby 2001. If you use dig push or shunt to early you'll get driven back because the consistent circular will become less consistent (this system should also be implemented in scrums). In mauls only there should be the ability to try and rip the ball while the maul is on if the oppositon haven't already moved it back.

A similar system should be used for rucks but the circular thing is gone, rather just a shunt. Stripping the ball should become use of hands and if the controlled player is on there feet they won't get penalised. Using the L3 button to press down to start hands then flick back (to your side) repeatedly and quickly with the L-Analogue to pull back. If you are a tackled player you can hold the ball using one of the shoulder buttons.

Before the ball comes back you can use the one of the face buttons to select a player normally unselected, then using the right analog stick you can move him in at a particular pace. By pressing the face button and L2 to change originally controlled player you can push two players into the ruck at once to give you an extra advantage. (Adding players system for maul as well). Or you can just do the normal and get players in quickly.

Passing from a ruck or maul should be as follows: One tap r1/l1 for forwards, double tap r1/l1 to first reciever, 5/8 and tripple tap for player inside the 5/8.

1. Ability to call other defensive fronts with right analog. I was thinking forward=pressure, back=zone, left/right=drift.

2. Backs should ruck too. Never really see them do it.

3. A real chip kick.

4. An indicator displaying the wind while playing loose. Hate having to wait through the intro or for a kick to do this.

5. More "spontaneous" penalties.

6. No more doglegging on defence. Either everyone goes forward or no one (see 1).

7. A ball-into-contact system where one player wraps on X (find another button for offloads) in order to stay up. Computer or other player does the same to bring down. Throw in variables for strength, tackling, etc. If ball carrier stays up long enough, support comes, and we've got a maul. Or, just leave the X button alone, go down, and ruck away.

8. A "conditioning" or "stamina" variable.

9. Although repeated, team scouting for tourneys.

10. Make Michalak a star player for cryin' out loud.

11. More match player stats like FH run/pass/kick, meters ran for a player, number of touches, visits to the 22, etc. Also, have graphical stats, like ruck/maul/kick placements I see on SA rugby.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Mar 29 2006, 04:57 PM
rugby league mode (this is how easy it is.....just reprogramme the defence to go back ten after the tackle....simple...a bit like how they have the defence the way it is now where they cannot creep up when a maul is going. Then have only one person marking from dummy half while the tackled player just gets up and play the ball...when you think about it.....EA are very close to actually making a league game! Keep most things.....a few tweaks...and voila!!!! Happy Sanzar and AK47 :lol: )

:lol: :bravo:

4 less men on the field aswell...THEY SAY RUGBY GAMING IS HARD COZ OF THE 15 MEN...30 ON THE FIELD AT ONCE

they say union is more complex with rules interpretation

buy HES' liscense out, and chuck in 13 a side

no rucks
a tackle count

it seems fairly easy to me

if they can have an AFL and Gealic Footy game in one..................they can do the same with league/union

Better support play. if you break away with a forward, there is never any support and you get turned over. You are better gaining 2 metres than 10. Not very realistic.

Player editor: to revamp players you feel are too good or too poor. or to add in your own player.

Sliders to help set difficulty like most nfl, nhl games. This could have turnovers, knock ons, passing accuracy, goal kick accuracy, tackle breaking etc. then it would be easier to tailor the difficulty level.

don't have stupidly powerful kicks, which go the length of the field.

defence options/style (blitz/drift)

I'd keep some doglegging of the defence, as without some sort of defensive errors occurring the game can get too easy.

SEVENS GAME MODE

more touches on the gameplay and the control of things

and i will be a fulltime coach potatoe

Same as above and what EVOL said: make the files understandable and more of a numeric order, Fifa has it so why not EA S R, or give us the MD5 tool to change the hash numbers that they use at present! lol "its a thought" and a wish :p

i think speaking for all french users
WE WANT TOP14 french league and not only PREMIERLEAGUE maybe can we have also CELTIC LEAGUE

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Mar 29 2006, 10:50 AM
ray warren is the best commentator in the world
Who's He?
--------------------------
Anyway, I could go on & on about improvements etc, but the main feature that would be great to have in Rugby 07 is, 'Edit Existing Players', Like Fifa 06 you can edit the existing players which is a great feature to have.

I've lost count of how many players in rugby 06 who's attributes need improving. At the moment, all you can do is create a new player, but edit an existing player will be sooo much quicker & easier.

I don't know whether anyone has mentioned it but online/live play would make the game alot more exciting...

Originally posted by Air Ben@Mar 29 2006, 06:28 PM
I don't know whether anyone has mentioned it but online/live play would make the game alot more exciting...
Yes it has, once or twice.

i rekon it would be pretty cool if they just included more animations and smooter animations. I also think the way people run on the game looks a bit wierd.

I rekon instead of selecting a set move at a ruck you choose what your fly half is going to do. like square could be pass, circle kick and triangle run. then the fly half runs a different kind of route onto the ball for what he is doing, and then he can do moves on the fly.

Also i think the special moves are weak at best, when do u ever see anyone sidestep like that, it looks poor. also the dummy should be ALOT better

crazy idea.. first person rugby mode (which you can switch on and off through the course of whatever mode your playing say you dont like it)

when the ball gets passed down the line you take control of the person with the ball in first person, you see the defenders and if you pass it the game pauses and goes to the next player

then on defense you can cycle through who you want to play as on defence by pressing L2 just like you could in Rugyb 06

then if you decided to take control of a defender going into a ruck you could use say the right analog stick to push, square to rake, or other things like that.. might be interesting.. like NFL 2K5 did, might work might not.

somethign like this

but for rugby of course

30099-3.jpg

Latest posts