Originally posted by gjohn85+Mar 30 2006, 06:11 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Mar 29 2006, 10:50 AM
ray warren is the best commentator in the world
Who's He?[/b]
ray_warren.jpg
NRL commentator

-----------------------------------

I want all of the above but in particular a BLOODY PLAYER EDITOR!! and a career mode were you can control your Super14 teams for more than a year and trade players etc..

the scrums are really annoying at the moment. It should be hard to win against the head even with nz v italy or whoever. There could then be more options for wheeling etc which could affect the efficiency of any set move you perform.

There are heaps of possible improvements but one thing that could use improvement, and easily is stats accuracy.

Rodney So'oialo is a no8 or flanker. not a no8 or lock/second Row as they have it for his second position

France should have Michalak and Jauzion as Stars. Someone in their backline should have pace of over 85 apart from a that one wing at the bottom of their squad. their real life backs are brilliant, on the game they are slow and have generally low stats. they are the second or third best team in the world. their stats should reflect this

there are more stats errors but they are the ones that bug me

ray warren is the only aussie comentator that i like. he is truely the man. all the other ones are so f***ing annoying. ray warren or a saffa will make me happy.

the only real thing that bothers me is inaccurate stats. im not too keen on the stars idea. i think it over-rates, and under-rates players. i think good stats should speak for themselves. in 05 when playing certian players in certian positions (even as small as 6 and 7, or 11 and 14) that they play significatly better anyway.

game needs to be sped up too imo. better scrums and goal line defence. online doesnt worry me. i cant be assed paying another regular bill.

i just have to say i got this game on thursday and have been playing it a lot over the weekend , now able to play well on elite, and i think this game is the balls. everythings great, theres a real sense of excitement when o driscoll makes a line break and the computer can throw some nice moves together too. think hb have done a savage job.
BETTER THAN JONAH

Who's He?
ray_warren.jpg
NRL commentator

[/quote]
Gotta love Rabs. Seriously, he's the best at being a blokey Aussie commentator without sounding like a total idiot (like say Andrew Voss sounds).

personally nothing beats Darrel Eastlake

you've only gotto watch the 80's origin DVD's/VHS' or some Iron Man stuff to realise what we all miss out on when it comes to commentating excitment

dont get me wrong though - RABS is the new Darrel of the millenium...especially when Thorpie is in the pool

Isn't it dumb to have Ray Warren as commentator in this game? Apart from him not being a rugby union commentator the fact is that he would refuse to do it. Loyalty to league, you know. And also a lot of what he says would be made redundant by the subtle differences between the two codes.

I would rather have a lower-profile commentator or even just some random voice talent if it meant that they would get the names right and put in more dialogue.

I have been playing FIFA 2006 and get sick of the same stuff being said time and time again. Yawn!

"Well we all remember what happened the last times these teams played!"

Yes we do - god-damnit and we all remember the things that you said in the last match because you keep on repeating it.

Who's He?
ray_warren.jpg
NRL commentator
Gotta love Rabs. Seriously, he's the best at being a blokey Aussie commentator without sounding like a total idiot (like say Andrew Voss sounds). [/quote]
Yes, Rabs is the man

I reckon Gordon Bray should be the commentator for rugby07 ,he's the best Union commentator by a mile........ the clowns they've been using the last couple of years are useless.

Who's He?
ray_warren.jpg
NRL commentator
Gotta love Rabs. Seriously, he's the best at being a blokey Aussie commentator without sounding like a total idiot (like say Andrew Voss sounds).
Yes, Rabs is the man

I reckon Gordon Bray should be the commentator for rugby07 ,he's the best Union commentator by a mile........ the clowns they've been using the last couple of years are useless. [/quote]
Are you serious?!?!?!?! I absolutely LOATHE Gordon "Bordom" Bray! Seriously, I've never seen a commentator with such an ability to make great matches seem poor just through his dull commentating! The guy assumes that he's doing a video for "Rugby for Dummy's" and will explain EVERY single rule over and over! Seriously, the amount of times I've heard him explain what a bloody "knock on" is, is just ridiculous!

No... They cannot and MUST not get that absolute deadshit in this game! Get phil kearns, at least he has a sense of humor!

Who's He?
ray_warren.jpg
NRL commentator
Yes, Rabs is the man

I reckon Gordon Bray should be the commentator for rugby07 ,he's the best Union commentator by a mile........ the clowns they've been using the last couple of years are useless.
Are you serious?!?!?!?! I absolutely LOATHE Gordon "Bordom" Bray! Seriously, I've never seen a commentator with such an ability to make great matches seem poor just through his dull commentating! The guy assumes that he's doing a video for "Rugby for Dummy's" and will explain EVERY single rule over and over! Seriously, the amount of times I've heard him explain what a bloody "knock on" is, is just ridiculous!

No... They cannot and MUST not get that absolute deadshit in this game! Get phil kearns, at least he has a sense of humor! [/quote]
I think Gordon is good ,great with player names ,knows the game better than most and he does add excitment to the game....

CAM-PEES-EEEE!!!!!!!

Ofcourse Kernsey should be there ,he's the funniest commentator there is but he doesn't do the play by play

I would be more than happy with Bray and Kernsey as the commentating team for 07.

BrayGordon.jpg

I've come to clean ze pool

gordon bray: "Tune..........he's off........what a pass..........can he make it....its sailor.............try"

now if i was blind..........i'd choose the radio any day of the week

Bray suck balls..........commentates in spurts.........cant divulge the details......ie metres to go......defense in cover etc..........

says name and result..........

Sailor..........tackled
Tiquri ...............TRY

Off the subject of commentators, how about categorising players at their position like Madden does? Except that to have a good team you need to mix the right type of players (unlike England) and it tells you if you're doing so.

So for example you have Distribution/Balanced/Crash Ball centres, Speed/Balanced/Power wingers, Scrummager/Balanced/Mobile props. If you choose, say...Mike Tindall and Jamie Noon in the centre then it affects the ability of the backline or something.

MAKE WORLD CUP QUILIFERS!!!

At least 2 groups from round 3 with countries like Germany, Serbia, Belgium...

huge undiscovered markets....

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Apr 4 2006, 02:49 AM
If you choose, say...Mike Tindall and Jamie Noon in the centre then it affects the ability of the backline or something.
I thought that already happened.... I am always changing a teams midfield and seeing how that affects the backline..............especially notable with defence.....different players affect the backs SIGNIFICANTLY..........

do different players affect how a backline plays already? i don't really notice it, they should make it more noticeable. say like if u have crash n bash centres the outside backs and forwards run closely off their shoulders and if their distributors they support from a lil farther away.

I would like to notice a bigger difference in backline players too. Seems like speed is the big difference.

Create a team and kit and stadium. Sponsors, hiring players, the whole real franchise mode thing and not just in WL. You could play franchise in an actual league so if I want to be the Crusaders I can really play with them in Super League.

Yeah teams have different plays, england has the crosskick as a default whereas some teams don't.

Good little addition

BM

Latest posts