• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 confirmation ?

Oh the old players will sue... at least Robin Brooke said he would.

When Rugby 04 came out he said he was nervous that retired players wouldn't be getting a cut if their likenesses were used.

Solution to the craposa classic matches seems simple just name the players things like Jono Lamu, Joff Wilkons and Christo Colon, chuck in a decent editor (hell it only needs to be able to edit their names for chrissakes) and presto you have true classic matches with classic lineups for no extra cost and you give players something to do other than play against one of the crappiest AIs in sports games by renaming and tweaking every single player to their hearts desire. Seems simple to me.
Now can someone please tell me where I can see the pics of the Rugby 08 box art? Cheers.

if ea wants to give me sextra features, then (by golly) give me:

- secret stadium of cheese on the moon
- gandhi in a discoteque giving halftime analysis
- dinosaurs running touch
- team of benjamin franklin's
- clouds that look real[/b]

i was hoping more for a mode where whenever you go into contact anywhere outside a 10m radius of the last breakdown, you automatically get turned over..... maybe they can incorporate that in this year

I agree that classic matches should be true ones and these ones are a sham.

So, they should just leave them out or make them scenarios, as they are slightly misleading. I've only explained the reasons why they don't have the actual classic names.
[/b]

Fine.

Do you maybe want to try and see if you can explain why is it that EA can't take Rugby online? :D

<div class='quotemain'>

So, they should just leave them out or make them scenarios, as they are slightly misleading. I've only explained the reasons why they don't have the actual classic names.
[/b]

Fine.

Do you maybe want to try and see if you can explain why is it that EA can't take Rugby online? :D
[/b][/quote]

Thats where I'd say that they had better have a monster-sized improvement in gameplay to make up for not having online. If they don't have it, that is.

I think PC and PS2 won't have it, as a reason for people to buy next-gen (or really current-gen now) consoles and get online with PS3 or Xbox360.

By the way I think a monster-sized gameplay improvement is not on the cards. :D

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Fine.

[/b][/quote]

Thats where I'd say that they had better have a monster-sized improvement in gameplay to make up for not having online. If they don't have it, that is.

I think PC and PS2 won't have it, as a reason for people to buy next-gen (or really current-gen now) consoles and get online with PS3 or Xbox360.

By the way I think a monster-sized gameplay improvement is not on the cards. :D [/b][/quote]

Agreed, and agreed...unfortunately :(

back to rucks, how manual do you want it? you should not get the opportunity to win each ruck. could you imagin a 100% ruck and maul rating? that was one of the main downfalls about jlr. even though they have the best rucks imo, it was very possible to have a 80+ % of winning rucks. remember when gg talked about why some turned over and didnt in 06, things like if it was a flanker tackling, or ruck ratings etc. i would rather wait till i got 3 players with a total of 250% rucking stats taking on 3 players with 190% than being able to manualy win them.

what about options like hands in the maul (which is legal?)

gameplay wise, one of the main things ea has to do is to get set plays WORKING better. on 06 about half the plays were useless because they had a 20% success rate.

with these, i think people should stop wingeing about both online and classic matches. the idea is there, ie. everyone knows that the 1995 world cup match between nz and eng was a classic match. and how many big black 120kg wingers were there in 95 whos name (or simmilar to) lamu? and online play. look at the prospects of onlineness of ps2. REMEMBER!!!! wow ps2 so awesome online!!!! useless. only 1/4-1/2 games had online capabilities, of which wernt even good plus the extreme lack of people with it. for me, i would rather go online and play my mates than play some goober in liverpool.

back to rucks, how manual do you want it? you should not get the opportunity to win each ruck. could you imagin a 100% ruck and maul rating? that was one of the main downfalls about jlr. even though they have the best rucks imo, it was very possible to have a 80+ % of winning rucks. remember when gg talked about why some turned over and didnt in 06, things like if it was a flanker tackling, or ruck ratings etc. i would rather wait till i got 3 players with a total of 250% rucking stats taking on 3 players with 190% than being able to manualy win them.
[/b]

YES YOU ARE RIGHT

but we want more manual ability to win, WITH the rucking stats playing a huge role in the ability to win them

when playing against NZ as Japan, i want atleast some way of winning the ball, not never get it based on AI auto rucks and stats given.

We need a truce to the medium of Stats v users ability

i think it should be harder to win opposition ruck ball, but easier to keep your own possession type of thing? because in JLR you could win the opposition ball so damn easy!!

this could be a dark year for sports games. blic 2007 didn't exactly set the world on fire and the early info on rugby 08 aren't exactly inspiring either. maybe I will end up playing a lot more wii sports than I had planed. hopefully there is soemthing this year that doesn't suck for us sports lovers

Hey, theres always RL2 you defended to the death right?

And there will be some kind of gameplay updates - "Creative Scoring" do any of you know what exactly it is?

What, You Don't? Than why bag a feature you know sweet f*** all about?

Take the "Shot Stick" on the 2K Series - Sounds like a minor thing, but it completely changed the way I personally played Basketball Games.

I have to say, everyone is feeling soo bleak about Rugby '08. I remember when '06 info was scarce and everyone was bagging it.

Many were saying that it'll be a step back from '05 towards the crappy '04.

No-one was expecting an '05 with most of the bugs knocked out and slightly better features and the odd unlockable.

It was an unpredicted improvement! Yet here we are, same old bagging.......

It's right to lower your expectations in some ways, EA have let plenty of us down, many times before.

Although let's keep some perspective here. If it's a mild improvement and the gameplay is even slightly better (ie '05-'06), I'll buy it.

i am buying it anyways

i love rugby games

i will contribute to the sales

i have kept my ps2 for exactly this reason......i have 2 games left on ps2 - rugby06 and blic05

if there is no x360 - the ps2 lives on another year
if there is x360 - the death of ps2 begins

re: creative scoring - it featured in 2006.......just come watch me play and i'll show you :p :lol: :p

With limited info on the new game, it is quite easy to slip into "Well what was wrong with the last one that they can improve" rather than what was right.

I WANT ONLINE PLAY!
[/b]

To be honest, with the amount of people that will actually play this online I dont think it will be very populated. I can also say with some certanty that if it does have online play it will be implemented shockingly and will turn most people off apart from the diehard few.

Oh yeah and i don't know if anyone else has said this ( I couldn't be bothered looking) but doesnt that pic of the guy scoring the try look JUST like the way people scored tries in 06? :ranting: Better not be the start of a complete mirror game with a new cover! :rahh: :wall: :%#%#: :ranting:

Latest posts