• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 confirmation ?

<div class='quotemain'>
World Cup Challenge

Replay over 30 classic moments in World Cup history using modern teams and unlock exclusive world Cup highlight videos.[/b]

why would i want to play classic matches with modern teams?
[/b][/quote]

Dont know about anyone else, but that kind of thing means nothing to me. Give me a decent career mode anyday. I mean how many times can you play classic matches?

Unlock videos? Give me a break EA.

For those who can't read the writing.

RULE THE WORLD

Power your way through a gruelling six week campaign during the 2007 Rugby World Cup in France.
Manage squad rotation and player injuries and track the progress of the entire tournament with a user friendly in game information hub.
[/b]

this is my favourite

RULE the WORLD??

what else do you do in a world cup

yep - great new feature!!!

atleast give us better stats!!!!!!

This rumour of xbox marketplace demo is huge - although i am very sceptical

I want online gameplay, classic matches with classic teams, better soundtrack and naked women.

well first one doesnt look like it is in, second one does, but without the classic teams bit, better soundtrack is there (just put it in your stereo, or turn it off and play mp3s in the background :D) and get a girlfriend :p

Can't have 17 girlfriends at the same time ;) I prefer sluttin around haha.

The thing I have a problem with is you can't have classic matches with current teams!!!

no i think your problem is you cant have classic matches with classic teams, or am i reading your post wrong?

Well according to everyone, the teams involved in the classic matches will have the current rosters.

It should be that the classic matches should have the players that played in them.

wow i havn't been bak in a while. looks like the flood gates of information are slowly starting to open huh.. pretty soon we'll have a few lucky buggers on here getting their hands on the game and they'll be able to tell us everything we ever wanted to know!!!!

Ok, about the classic matches, modern teams.

Simply put, everyone has naming rights nowadays. Everything in this world has to be paid for.

Even former players names. They'd get sued. Should they pour money into this?

It is crap that they are going to have classic games with modern players. What is the point of that!? As for naming rights - that is a bunch of bullshit anyway. Do you seriously think that Grant Fox Or Serge Blanco would sue a game's company because they put them in the game? No way!

Rather than having classic games maybe they should just include an editor in the game that allows you to create teams and players easily and have a scenario creator kind of like FIFA '06 has.

It is easy to find out details of old games and then make up challenging situations to play.

EA shouldn't waste their time putting in classic matches if they are going to use modern teams - it's stupidity.

It is crap that they are going to have classic games with modern players. What is the point of that!? As for naming rights - that is a bunch of bullshit anyway. Do you seriously think that Grant Fox Or Serge Blanco would sue a game's company because they put them in the game? No way!

Rather than having classic games maybe they should just include an editor in the game that allows you to create teams and players easily and have a scenario creator kind of like FIFA '06 has.

It is easy to find out details of old games and then make up challenging situations to play.

EA shouldn't waste their time putting in classic matches if they are going to use modern teams - it's stupidity.
[/b]

Its just a feature they can put on the box to make it look like they have spent time on 08. As far as im concerned they can gloss all they want, they have done us like a kipper with no online in sight.

Even is they manage to get 360 ps3 online, what about all the ps2 and pc punters out there?

Its big n chunky ********! :ranting:

<div class='quotemain'>
For those who can't read the writing.

RULE THE WORLD

Power your way through a gruelling six week campaign during the 2007 Rugby World Cup in France.
Manage squad rotation and player injuries and track the progress of the entire tournament with a user friendly in game information hub.
[/b]

this is my favourite
RULE the WORLD??
what else do you do in a world cup
yep - great new feature!!!
[/b][/quote]

It's obvious the major change referred to in the feature above when compared to 06 will be a "better user friendly in game information hub", not the world cup itself, although EA might thinks rugby fans are thick enough to believe new match fixtures are new game features.

As far as the classic match situation goes, 06 already had classic matches THe S14 fixtures was for 2006, World cup has options for several past schedules,The Lions matches were all in the past etc, al those matches were in the past so - CLASSIC MATCHES -

Now what you need is some CLASSIC MATCHES, forget about wanting to enjoy competitive gameplay against friends ONLINE....what you'll want to do instead is play...CLASSSIC MATCHES. How cool will it be to tell your friends you've just changed history and turned the Lions Tour of Hell into the Lions tour de Force....now you can, with CLASSIS MATCHES. Ever wanted to stop the Crusaders winning so many S14 tournaments? NOW YOU CAN WITH CLASSIS MATCHES, but wait....we'll go even further than that to ensure you are so occupied playing CLASSIC matches you won't even have time thinking about all the other great features we could've developed for you instead of thinking up bulsshit like CLASSIC MATCHES.....we'll throw in CLASSIC matches with current teams.YES! Your favourite current stars can shine in every CLASSIC match in the whole history of the game, why play with the has-beens of the past, play CLASSIC matches like SA vs Ireland 1905 featuring stars like SChalk Burger and Brian O'Driscoll!

Imagine the joy!It's in a game!

Lol ^^

By the way can anyone tell me where I can see the pics of the '08 cover that everyone's talking about.
Here's hoping that their graphical enhancements aren't the equivalent of the overwhelming addition of 3D grass featured in '06.

they should include the japan vs classic all blacks like they're doing in real life!! lol

[/b]

I agree it's stupid, but they do have to have consent in case a players naming rights in relation to their rugby career are held by their home nation's rugby union.

You can say it's crap, but it's true.

It's like saying that it's crap that you have to ask your local council for consent to put an extension onto a building on your own land, unfortunately you have to in most parts of the world. With naming rights you also need consent.

Do I think Serge Blanco or Grant Fox would sue EA? No, I don't. Do I think that companies like EA have to protect themselves from publishing intellectual property and names for which they don't have consent?

No. I know it as a fact.

Any Classic All-Blacks side would need NZRFU approval, EA's current rights don't extend to historical teams or players. They would not grant permission unless all the players whose names are used consented to it.

I'm banging my head against a brick wall here as I know no-one seems to understand legalities unless it relates to current players.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

I agree it's stupid, but they do have to have consent in case a players naming rights in relation to their rugby career are held by their home nation's rugby union.

You can say it's crap, but it's true.

It's like saying that it's crap that you have to ask your local council for consent to put an extension onto a building on your own land, unfortunately you have to in most parts of the world. With naming rights you also need consent.

Do I think Serge Blanco or Grant Fox would sue EA? No, I don't. Do I think that companies like EA have to protect themselves from publishing intellectual property and names for which they don't have consent?

No. I know it as a fact.

Any Classic All-Blacks side would need NZRFU approval, EA's current rights don't extend to historical teams or players. They would not grant permission unless all the players whose names are used consented to it.

I'm banging my head against a brick wall here as I know no-one seems to understand legalities unless it relates to current players.
[/b][/quote]

I'm beginning to get concerned here CA, tell us the truth, are you standing up for the f&ckers because you work for them? :ph34r:

If in the course of wanting to protect themself against litigation by including a feature in the game eg CLASSIC MATCHES with current players instead of the players who featured in the CLASSSIC matches then said matches are not CLASSIC matches at all are they, no they are scenarios, and that is called false advertising - Is that legal? I'm saying it's wrong to include a feature which they don't have the legalities to include in the first place, if they can't include CLASSIC matches in the true sense of a CLASSIC match then why include it? Instead give people a feature that works completely like ONLINE gameplay.

Gamers had been asking for it since 05 came out, possibly before that, go and look at the EA forums, I don't have to tell you to look at this forum, see how many people want CLASSIC matches.

If it does come out for 360, doesnt every game have to have some kind of live feature? If thats the case, you will probably find it will probably have extra downloadable... yes you guessed it, CLASSIC MATCHES! :D

the point i'm trying to make is that we're all going to die.

classic matches with current squads are an affront to time travel.

if ea wants to give me sextra features, then (by golly) give me:

- secret stadium of cheese on the moon
- gandhi in a discoteque giving halftime analysis
- dinosaurs running touch
- team of benjamin franklin's
- clouds that look real

I agree that classic matches should be true ones and these ones are a sham.

So, they should just leave them out or make them scenarios, as they are slightly misleading. I've only explained the reasons why they don't have the actual classic names.

Latest posts