• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 confirmation ?

Got a feeling I'll be able to tell you what's happening in a few days when my flatmate gets back from their EB Games vendor managers meeting he goes to tomorrow.

From all accounts EB are the top distributor of EA games, which is possibly why they have the slicks before any website info.

Does seem a total cash-in on world cup as it's only pc and ps2 at this stage.
[/b]

:cheers: *Jynx waits with anticipation!!*

Just called my EB Games - Canberra - and the game's in the system... one problem it's supposed to be released in December!!!

hmm interesting news and not sounding too flash. hopefully when more details come out there will be some worthy additions and features to actually purchase rugby 08.

I doubt ea can do a league game at the moment due to sidhe/hes having exclusive rights for like something stupid like 10 years or something from memory.

looking at the pics there are one or two positives. the second pic showing a lineout, Im sure the graphics look better. Check out the sunset sky above the stadium. Also just thinking about the "all new set pieces" Does this not mean scrums, lineouts etc? Thats what a set piece is in my eyes. Maybe we will get more options at the lineout etc. Also I agree with whoever said that gameplay tweaks are rarely mentioned on the cover. Its usually only the big features. The tweaks to gameplay will only become apparent when we play the game.

And I think the fifa engine although floored in ways has enough room to be tweaked and improved apon. In the fifa football games the tweaks they made were quite subtle but over time eventually resulted in a really good footy game. Im sure we will see improvements in all areas of the game e.g passing, special moves. Its rediculous to have a next version of a sports game without improvements in these areas. There must be graphical updates as well

The initial release date I heard was September, have they canned some of the work in favour of an earlier release date?

If there hasnt been anything in the meantime there should be some really firm details first couple of weeks in June ( all being well ). But that seems an age away. :D

Meanwhile can anyone get any good pics or a copy of this ad?

Re: Creative scoring

I have never been so offended in my life

What?? Do they think we aren’t being creative already?

What about RUCKS!!!!!!!, and or/ new lineout system

How bout offloading options to left or right, instead of x.

New franchise mode……….scrap world league, bring in franchise broken up into 4-5 leagues, and then have a fantasy champions league, for the top 4 teams of each league during the year, then after ur respective domestic season is finished you move to TESTS in which the nationality u picked is ur TEST team, and u can be a selector, or players are auto- picked on stats â€" like sidhe’s NRL’s SOO.

Suncorp Stadium?? â€" i believe they still have Ballymore in 2006.

New set plays?? HOW MANY DO WE NEED!!!!!!!!, there is already enuff of them, and u can only map like 6 or so to the controller

Seems like they are going the way of the set-plays, making it more structured and like a game of madden, instead of spontaneous thinking by the player, and this also makes for an easier AI job for the developers as the AI players will have set angles to run, based on the set play.

One thing that will be good is updated rosters, stats etc

Finally will be a challenge to win with the Wallabies

Lote Tiquri should never be able to score a try, and bring in Century Mode, where u try and score 100 against the REDS

This is nothing revolutionary â€" nothing but a cashcow for the World Cup……..it would take them 3 months to develop, as its basically re-printing 2006 with a few copout amendments

No X360 by the look of it……………SCAM!!!!!!

Effort 1/10
Cost 1/10
Sales 8/10
Profit 10/10

We are rewarding the farkers, for the love of RUGBY the sport.

I will admit 2006 is the best, but I thought after 2 years I’d see a little more than this, or atleast a next gen version.

Next thing you know, they will release a PSP or DS version, and say brand new feature take ur team on the road, in all new portable mode

I wish 2k sports would do a rugby game……..surely a Rugby game would outsell TopSpin

Lote Tiquri should never be able to score a try, and bring in Century Mode, where u try and score 100 against the REDS

[/b]

:cheers:

Great post mate. If what you say is right, can I get you to help me get everyone boycotting the game?

AK47, I don't think this could have been put any better! It really makes me depressed but well put everything plainly doesnt it. Maybe someone should email that to them and they will **** their pants because everyone has caught onto their little scheme!

haha.

Oh come on guys! After '04, I could understand AK's and the subsequent posts. After '05, it still would've been a little understandable, but after '06?

I wouldn't blame them if they did put out a pile of crap after what I've just read.

What's it based on? An early pack shot. All EA pack shot feature lists are poorly written and never say whats actually good about the game. If they bothered to write improved gameplay, they'd have a job explaining it in the 10 words that theres room for!

Where is the praise for improvement from '05 that '06 ushered in? Where's the hope for '08? If EA's rugby team feel that they can never win, why should they try for you?

It's obvious with '06 that they did produce better under the newer development head. Lets hope for the same improvement between '05 & '06 and stop talking boycotts based on pack shots.

Also, it's not 2 years. Just over 18 months. Thats to be expected for a buying base like Rugby has.

Also, AK. You've never been so offended in all your life? It's a rugby video game early pack shot man!

I wish I had your life if thats the most offence you've taken.

After all, BLIC wasn't the world beating, great game that you had me waiting for.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but geez!, is anyone ever wrong around here?

Oh yeah, just EA........

EA is evil because it posts a profit. AK's perfect world no companies would be allowed to post profits - because profits are evil!

And AK, you ignore the fact that the same source which your basing your whole rant on has said that there is a 360 Version coming later/

Right there's to be PS3 and Xbox 360 versions in September, until then it's the dumbed down versions of PC and PS2 mid June I think. Here's the game cover slick, not the greatest, camera wouldn't focus properly in short time frame, but it'll do until I can scan one...

r081qe7.jpg

r082oa4.jpg

r083cr1.jpg

Hey gys first post (yeah!)

On the back it says somthing about 'pick your teams defensive styles'

Sounds alright, i mean blitz/ drift varation would be a bit more challengin right?

Also says 'change your defensive strategy on the fly based on your field position'

This could go two ways, one its exactly rugby 06 and its just the way they've worded it diffrently OR we could see special try line blitzes/ all forwards around the ruck .

Also key is the fact it says 'Just some of the new features' at the top, normally EA puts this at the bottom.

Worried bout how similar the pictures are to the ones on the back of '06, except the sunset.
like the defensive shot with the scrum, but who's in the centre outside carter?

For those who can't read the writing.

RULE THE WORLD

Power your way through a gruelling six week campaign during the 2007 Rugby World Cup in France.
Manage squad rotation and player injuries and track the progress of the entire tournament with a user friendly in game information hub.

World Cup Challenge

Replay over 30 classic moments in World Cup history using modern teams and unlock exclusive world Cup highlight videos.

Better camera control features...meh

?? Defensive Formations

Emulate the Defensive style of your favourite team. Counter your opponents attacking style by changing your defensive strategy on the fly based on score field position and more.

By the look at those pictures of the game, its the same graphics quality as in cricket 07.

By the look at those pictures of the game, its the same graphics quality as in cricket 07.
[/b]
As long as the gameplay shows some improvement the graphics can stay the same for all I care.

ahhh so theres defo one for the 360

ill buy the one for the ps2 and then trade it in with cash to get the 360 version.

Latest posts