• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08: .Exe anyone?

Hankstrom

Academy Player
Country Flag
France
Hey Everyone

Hope you're all well.
Looking for some advice here as I can't get Rugby 08 working on Windows 11.
Basically tried and look for everything online the past week and I'm hopeless.
I got the Rugby 08 logo running for a second barely, and then back to desktop.

The laptop is ace so it's not a hardware issue.
Compatibility issues, run as admin, drm, fresh install, no cd, I tried.

I was wondering: do you all play Rugby 08 on old Windows versions? Or do you actually run in on Windows 11?

Many thanks

Hey mate, I may have had a problem like this.
I had to add the 08.exe in my virus scanner program "allow in trusted programs" so it doesn't block it "freezes at start up screen" or identify it as a problem for some reason. Also right click and change compatibility aswell?
Hopefully this helps.

Many thanks for your help and reply.
Well, no success in doing so though, that's weird, I guess i have to give up.

Thanks mate

Hello, Rugby 08 is working fine on my laptop(windows 11). I did add the rugby08.exe to the exception list of my anti-virus.

Awww. I'm so disappointed. Glad it's working for you guys...
I run this on a Razer, everything is up to date, other games playwell.
First thought it was something with the intro video as it stops loading right before. It basically loads the rugby 08 logo forever, hahve to kill the app to close it.
Anyway, enjoy the game for me!

Awww. I'm so disappointed. Glad it's working for you guys...
I run this on a Razer, everything is up to date, other games playwell.
First thought it was something with the intro video as it stops loading right before. It basically loads the rugby 08 logo forever, hahve to kill the app to close it.
Anyway, enjoy the game for me!
Have you tried reinstalling Rugby 08?

Yes loads of time but it won't play.
Also tried with other .exe found online but none would work, total mystery here

If anyone has a working .exe working, I'd be happy to get it!

Hi all
Just a quick headsup in case someone can help me fix my issue: any player here who would kindly share an .exe to me so I understand if it's my game installation that's corrupted or so?
I really tried everything the past two weeks.
Thanks!

Hi all
Just a quick headsup in case someone can help me fix my issue: any player here who would kindly share an .exe to me so I understand if it's my game installation that's corrupted or so?
Thanks!
where'd you download it from? I have the same issue as you and I downloaded it from some retro game bank and maybe that is the issue.

Hi all
Thanks!
where'd you download it from? I have the same issue as you and I downloaded it from some retro game bank and maybe that is the issue.
If guys want to redownload Rugby 08 try this. It worked for me.
https://oldgamesdownload. com/rugby-08/

remove the space.

It worked for me with this link and the new executable. So awesome. Forgot how the game is good on PC.
Good surprise: I remember the controls were awkward with a xbox pad or so, but trying it with a PS5 controller, it plays just fine with a proper mapping, like on the PS2 except from the strategy options where you have to use L1.R1, but super convenient.

Thanks again for your help

It worked for me with this link and the new executable. So awesome. Forgot how the game is good on PC.
Good surprise: I remember the controls were awkward with a xbox pad or so, but trying it with a PS5 controller, it plays just fine with a proper mapping, like on the PS2 except from the strategy options where you have to use L1.R1, but super convenient.

Im glad I could help 😁👍

Having the exact same issue with both '06 and '08 on a new Windows 11 PC. Tried the download listed in post #10 which I think is the one I already had and no dice. I get the 'busy' blue circle loader for a few seconds then dumped straight back to the desktop. I think with '06 I get the logo and same thing, dumped back to the desktop. Tried all the compatibility options and the other things suggested here and still no good. Total mystery.

My favourite games of all time too, so frustrating.

I am having the exact same issues. I have downloaded the file from oldgamesdownload. com/rugby-08/ but every time I open on my desktop PC, it crashes. I have tried redownloading the file numerous times.

However, when I play on my laptop (not designed for gaming) it works. I can't figure out what to do.

Did you manage to do anything differently?

I had a freezing problem last year, turns out I placed the hdmi cable in the second input on my screen, I just plugged it out and placed in the first input and it worked.

I am having the exact same issues. I have downloaded the file from oldgamesdownload. com/rugby-08/ but every time I open on my desktop PC, it crashes. I have tried redownloading the file numerous times.

However, when I play on my laptop (not designed for gaming) it works. I can't figure out what to do.

Did you manage to do anything differently?
Hey.
Someone from the forum here shared his .exe. I replaced the one from oldgamesdownload and it's working now. Sometimes, it still won't start for some reasons, but then it would launch after a second attempt.
This bug is so random, I have no idea what's the problem. But again, it's working fine now 95% of the times with the new exe.

Hey.
Someone from the forum here shared his .exe. I replaced the one from oldgamesdownload and it's working now. Sometimes, it still won't start for some reasons, but then it would launch after a second attempt.
This bug is so random, I have no idea what's the problem. But again, it's working fine now 95% of the times with the new exe.
So is it shared in the post or in the forums or just privately? I'm having zero luck so far myself, and it seems several other people here as well.

here it is everyone. This my Rugby 08 exe. I hope this will help you guys.

Good day. I was hoping that someone could help me. I have installed the mods on my game (trf 22 and Jimw main stuff) and everything is working fine. Although i've started playing world league recently and I saw that you cant buy any players and also you have 0k transfer fees. After my first season, I have won the division 3 and got promoted to division 2 and got a message saying the transfer window has opened up again and that I can purchase player again, but no players appear and i still have no money. My question now is, is this because of the mods or is there something I can do to change that I can get money to purchase players?

Latest posts