• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 NEW INFO!

K

knowsleyroader

Hi all,

Have some info with regards to 08 now. Its all a bit sketchy as its a mixture of phone calls, text messages and emails. Im not in a position to ask any specific questions at the moment so this is everything I know at the moment and if anything else filters through I will pass it on asap.

From my source ( who by the way is a living legend bringing this to us )

" Initial impressions are that its a very good game (they always are though aren't they) There are a few options that can be tweaked, knock ons, fatigue etc. U can have simple or advanced lineouts, rucks etc. It is very responsive and quick."

" New angles on kicks are cool "

" Players can sprint full length now easily "

" Just playing as Gloucester / Saracens, real good battle between Farrell & Tindall "

There seems to be advanced offloads where you can choose direction to offload to.
World league is in.
It seems players can still change direction very quickly, but seems more difference between forwards and backs now.
One player stumbled backwards from a dive tackle, the defender was then on the floor, attacker got momentum back and carried on his way.

Graphics are better and more in line with RL2 standard apparently.

Will add if I hear anything else.
Impressions seem to be good, but its long term play that sorts the men from the boys as we know.

"This is VERY similar to 06, just played an Aus vs SA in Tri Nations - just reminded me of the last game, also the try scoring animations reset when tackled over the line - graphics are nice and I am gonna try it on Elite level after dinner - won that one 21-10"

Can you add more players to the tackle once you have someone in a grapple? - No
What leagues tournaments are in? - Guiness Prem, 6 nations, tri nations, super 12, world league & Euro cup - and the world cup has its own section with challenges
Is player creation the same? - Not looked yet
Do you keep getting turned over when your out wide on your own? - not as much as you used to
Any new kicks ie chip overs? - not tried em out - gonna do the tutorial
Any difference to high tackles that you can do deliberately? - just had a high tackle on me - same animation
Anything different about rucks? - might have mine on simple at the min (just press x to add players and hope for the best)

Awesome stuff... as always... hopefully it's the start of the usual flow of info?

Liking the sounds of advanced lineouts and rucks - guessing a lot of people will want more on that. At least it is a positive start - nothing would have crushed me more than an immediate rubbishing of the game...

It is 12:18am here, sleep has been put on hold for a couple hours...
Keep the info flowing in buddy. :cheers:

Some very unexpected info there, more in depth info on the optional gameplay features would be appreciated, better ruck control is all I'm after, anything else is a huge bonus.

wheres that guy thats bagging yah?

lol sweet info

EDIT: Super12?
[/b]

Yeah, its listed in original post.

It is 12:18am here, sleep has been put on hold for a couple hours...
Keep the info flowing in buddy. :cheers:

Some very unexpected info there, more in depth info on the optional gameplay features would be appreciated, better ruck control is all I'm after, anything else is a huge bonus.

[/b]

Dont know much about rucks yet bar I believe there is a simple and advanced version ( I think ). It seems you dont get turned over as much out wide as last time, but that could be to do with it being on pro. It might happen loads on elite.

EDIT : Sorry guys, rucks are still auto. Maybe the stats do more this time around or getting bodies in quickly but it doesnt seem you can actually do anything beyond adding bodies to the ruck.

How very dare we...

Hypothetically speaking, would it be far too early to ask you any specific questions?

How very dare we...

Hypothetically speaking, would it be far too early to ask you any specific questions? [/b]

Hypothetically speaking, its possible there could be additional info / further opinions later this evening.

I just want to know if the crowd noise has changed! [/b]

PLEASE READ THE THREAD

Im not in a position to ask any specific questions at the moment so this is everything I know at the moment and if anything else filters through I will pass it on asap.
[/b]

we are privalidged to have this information before anybody else so please do respect Knowsleyroader's comments... If he starts to get inundated with questions by the same people you could find yourselves banned from viewing the game section. and also any abuse to Knowsley or Lox will be taken very seriously... so please be patient with them and respect their views and comments on this forum.. They are doing us a favour, and could just keep this information for themselves and you will then have to wait for EA to announce something...

Thanks for reading this.

Regards
Charlie

Another snippet thats just come in.

" i reckon this is exactly the same as '06 with a few added camera angles. Even when u run cross field there is still a massive gap between winger and the next set of 12 chasing players. U will have to make ur own opinions up but the world league is exactly the same - even down to the players and teams. It's not a bad game - gonna put it on elite now "

Basically I think if you liked 06, so far there doesnt seem to be any backward steps ( wish I could say that about some of the other rugby franchise's ). There are probaby things that havent been fixed up that some people would like to have been. Im getting the impression now that this does seem to be a world cup cash in as I suspected with features like " creative scoring ", I certainly havent had any feedback on that feature yet ;)

I appreciate that everyone is desperate for any / all info they can get ( as I am ) and I will get what I can back to you. At this stage there is likely more to come, to the point where you will pretty much know everything there is to know. I am not sitting on any info and am pretty much getting it to you as soon as I can get to a computer to relay it.

As always I think all of the thanks should go to " THE SOURCE " as I think (he/she/it) should now be known. Has a ring to is like the STIG doesnt it ;). I will relay any thanks to " THE SOURCE " ..... or maybe he is watching ?? .... MWUUUUHAAA HAAAA HAAAAA! ;)

reckon this is exactly the same as '06 with a few added camera angles. Even when u run cross field there is still a massive gap between winger and the next set of 12 chasing players. U will have to make ur own opinions up but the world league is exactly the same - even down to the players and teams. It's not a bad game - gonna put it on elite now "

Wow. I dont know if anyone is in a position to answer this question but does this mean that the player ratings are virtually the same? If so that suck. This game sounds like a Rugby 2006 1.2 to me, sadly im a sucker and im still gonna get this game.

What would amuse me more than anything is if you can extract the 08 rosters and import them to 06 then you would have a virtually identical game bar a few new camera angles and you'd be a hundred bucks richer. LMFAO EA.
Thanks for the info :)

i prefer realistic and besides I'm putting a positive spin on a disappointing outlook.

Of course it is. Because you've actually tested it yourself and know exactly what to expect instead of assuming, haven't you.

Latest posts