• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 NEW INFO!

Does George Smith still have a star?

He damn well better!

He's the second best forward in the world behind McCaw.

That's because South Africans haven't been pulling on his hair.

Seriously though - he was Australia's Super 14 player of the year two years in a row.

He's one of the few Australian players who warrant a star.

I would have no problem with Smith receiving a star. The only other Wallabies that I can see getting stars would be Giteau and Larkham.

Apparently 6 Aussies have stars I read somewhere: Larkham, Giteau, Latham, Gregan, Smith and someone else.

I think Smith has done nothing over the last year to really warrant a star. But then neither has Carter, really. But I don't see Butch James getting a star.

Gregan, Giteau, Larkham, Latham, Tuqiri and Mortlock all have stars in the vids. Not sure about Smith but I think he deserves one, works tirelessly at the breakdown and the only part of his game that has dropped off in the last year or 2 would be his ball security, which used to be nigh on perfect. I think Tuqiri's having a star is a joke but the aussie's 9-13 combo is all class. And Latham deserves a star becasue he is a game breaker eg verses Wales last year

yeah, id giive the evil wizzard mortlock one. hes always been decent in my book.

yeah, id giive the evil wizzard mortlock one. hes always been decent in my book. [/b]

Two more weeks and we should have Rugby 08 on our doorstep.Let's hope all goes well and indeed it's gonna be on time and not delayed. :bravo:

Personally out of all the rugby games that have come out I am least excited about rugby 08, in terms of new features, gameplay etc

nice! Carter's got his flashy blue boots! lol we just need official videos! the new kits makes it a bit exciting for me for some reason lol i still dont like the england jerseys! and shux, i just noticed, the socks on most of them are pretty rude! lol
and is that italy's WC jersey? it looks a lil bit different. And Lote's got dreads! lol picture 18, the AB's jersey looks different? that circular outline around the numbers thing, i never noticed it on the real AB's jersey

I notice that Lansdownr road is in the game! Its a big pile of rubble now. What are the chances of Croke Park being in It????????!!!! <_<

Apparently 6 Aussies have stars I read somewhere: Larkham, Giteau, Latham, Gregan, Smith and someone else.

I think Smith has done nothing over the last year to really warrant a star. But then neither has Carter, really. But I don't see Butch James getting a star. [/b]
why would butch james get a star what has he done in the tri nations?

I cannot believe that Gregan, Latham, Tuqiri and Mortlock are all stars. Having Giteau, Larkham and Smith would be understandable but no-one else.

Gregan is years past his best and wouldn't even be in the top five half-backs in the world anymore. They only reason that he has received the amount of caps is because he has never had decent competition for the number nine jersey.

Tuqiri at his best is one of the best wingers in the world but is too inconsistent to be a star. His form of the last couple of years has been pretty weak.

Latham - who? Oh that is right he has been injured for ever. He is a player who always performs consistently but is more of a grafter than an actual star. Judging his star potential against a weak Welsh side hardly qualifies him.

Mortlock - again past his best. This probably showcases that there are not too many star outside centres in world rugby at the moment.

Also having 6 star players in the same squad is stupid - star players should be limited to no more than three (except for special teams like the Lions, World XV etc).

mortlock is second only to brian odriscoll at the moment. geogre gregan is still one of the best haflbacks in the world he just doesn't have a dominant pack infront of him anymore. larkhams hardly brilliant but is still a good player.latham is the best back in austraila and deserves a star. tuquiris average hes strong but doesn't make a big impact in most games.

I can't believe you don’t think Latham deserves a star BigTen. He has performed year in year out for Aussies and is a genuine match winner with his excellent tackling, kicking and tackle breaking. Anything but a grafter imo.
And he has only been out of rugby for 6 months and should be back playing for Aus against ABs in 2 weeks time. Also judging by the clips of him on the news playing for his club he hasn’t lost any of his speed as other players with knee reconstructions have ie Willemse.
Though I do agree with you about Tiqiri and Gregan, having 6 star players is excessive.

Latest posts