• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Screenshots!

I expanded the picture to have a closer look....the pics of the AB's though blurry, do look good regarding their faces:)
[/b]

there is only 1 screen shot of the ABs, and that is the background of the main menu. im 100% certain that is real photo, not a gameplay screenshot.
[/b]
Yep.......the closer I look at it the more I realise it must be real haha!

looks ok nothing to flash but pretty good none the less. the proof in the pudding though will be in the gameplay. hopefully they release a demo or some more media in the lead up to release now that they have officaly confirmed it.

look how fat the england guys look. thats detail eh? ea have made england too fat to win the world cup perhaps?

Question - Did that Ospreys logo look real?
[/b]

What Osprey's logo? If you mean the squiggle that looks a bit like a bird, it's the Newcastle Falcons crest, who are licensed.

Tut tut Ripper, time to brush up on your NH knowledge. ;)

<div class='quotemain'>
Oooohh challenges! I hope they have Wales's 2003 WC games in there!
[/b]
i'm pretty sure wc challenge mode is the 30 classic matches are there any of wales matches that you think would make the top 30. B)
[/b][/quote]
Yup, the time when we beat Austrailia by 1 point in 1987 to claim 3rd place :)

rugimg09.jpg

Damn, Wilkinson is still a star player...

thats fair enough i think!! cos to be fair wilkinson in my opinion is still the best player england have to offer!! so if anyones gunna be a star player for them it should be him!

I would agree with what Lora has just said and to be honest it is the challenge screenshot for the 2003 World Cup Final, where he was defiantly the star player

France rating of 92. probably the 2nd best behind nz? thoughts....

hoping that players will be editable as players like sivivatu are quicker than 85 as they were in '06

OMG, they look very cool. Can't wait, i'm so glad its actually been confirmed, with screenshots. Oh yes! Can i ask, where is that ospreys log, i want to see it!!!!!!!!!!! can't bloody wait to play it! pitty there's no nxt gen (confirmed anyway).oh well its coming!

France probably will be second behind nz after all the irb rankings have them at second so it would kind of make sense. i think some people are getting carried away with south africas form just look to their performance (with an experimental xv i know) against samoa and you'll see they aren't suddenly unbeatable.i don't know if france deserve to be 92 considering their inconsist form in the 6nations but two things that need to be considered are the balance of the game and the fact that the rankings seem to be done on the best team they could put on the field i.e johnny wilkinson is the starting first five in 06 even though he has only played 5 or 6 tests since the last world cup. B)

Man i cant wait until this comes out! There better be a damn roster editor in this game im sick of seeing NZ players getting low ratings like R So'oialo (78) N Tialata (68) Jerry Collins only getting 90 in both tackle and strength etc. If they dont add one i hope they at least they have more realistic ratings.

Man i cant wait until this comes out! There better be a damn roster editor in this game im sick of seeing NZ players getting low ratings like R So'oialo (78) N Tialata (68) Jerry Collins only getting 90 in both tackle and strength etc. If they dont add one i hope they at least they have more realistic ratings. [/b]

Yea I definitley agree, im sick of having ratings that dont make sense and people who dont

resemble their apperance in real life. But these screens look really good im so excited.

Kabamba%20Floors_large.JPG

Mind you everyone was saying how crap it was going to be only a week ago.

How they hadn't changed enough and how it was '06 with a new front end. Now all those who said that have flip-flopped, and they still haven't seen the game!!!

If you aren't one of the silly run-off-at-the-mouth people, and are waiting to make judgement when the game comes out, then please accept my grateful respect!

How they hadn't changed enough and how it was '06 with a new front end. Now all those who said that have flip-flopped, and they still haven't seen the game!!!

If you aren't one of the silly run-off-at-the-mouth people, and are waiting to make judgement when the game comes out, then please accept my grateful respect! [/b]

Speaking of running off at the mouth. :rolleyes:

Jeez m8 dont take it to heart, people have said a lot of things and last time I checked thats what forums are all about.

I still think this game will be a quick cash in. They wouldnt be mentioning **** like creative scoring if they had done anything useful like tweak the AI etc.

The screenshots tell me nothing bar the fact they have picked a naff looking font.

If you aren't one of the silly run-off-at-the-mouth people, and are waiting to make judgement when the game comes out, then please accept my grateful respect! [/b]

Don't know why you sound so suprised by this mate :D , it was exactly the same thing with 06 when the screenshots came out, those most exited about it then was also the first ones threading it to **** regarding the bugs and flaws and how horrible EA was the minute they got their cum stained pants.... ooops....I meant sweaty little hands on it. We'll have the same scenario this year xcept on a larger scale.

Every year around this time I think the suicide stats takes a little climb with people not being able to cope with the emotional rollercoaster that is the build up, release and then the awful realisation of EA's rugby game ;) .

<div class='quotemain'> Mind you everyone was saying how crap it was going to be only a week ago.

Speaking of running off at the mouth. :rolleyes:

Jeez m8 dont take it to heart, people have said a lot of things and last time I checked thats what forums are all about.

I still think this game will be a quick cash in. They wouldnt be mentioning **** like creative scoring if they had done anything useful like tweak the AI etc.

The screenshots tell me nothing bar the fact they have picked a naff looking font.
[/b][/quote]

I find it really funny if you think I'm taking it to heart, Knowsley :) . Once again, I know what forums are all about. This is just my response to some of the opinion.

It wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular. It must be yourself who has taken it to heart, as you are responding as though I were talking to you. Is that correct? Well, read your reply to me. :blink:

I think my whole point can be summed up thusly. This is my best shot at putting my opinion so you might get it a little better

I am feeling quite amused about a sector of the rugby gaming market, who make what sound like to me final judgements on aspects of a game which they have never played. This is not necessarily you, Knowsley. You probably feel like it is for some reason.

I believe people deserve to be given a bit of scrutiny for comments which deal in almost absolute conclusion, like:

(Example of types of comments, not actual)
This game is gonna be '06 with new rosters only.
Creative scoring? I don't know what they mean exactly, but I hate it.
I'm pretty certain that they'll have added nothing to the gameplay of any merit.
The AI will be exactly the same as last time.

I know this is a forum and have nothing against more opinion or guess type comments, like:

This game could be '06 with new rosters only.
Creative scoring. I don't know yet, but it sounds like cobblers to me.
My gut feeling is telling me that they'll have added nothing to the gameplay of any merit.
I reckon the AI is likely to be exactly the same as last time.

People say all sorts of things, but I have to laugh when there are claims of certainty before the controller is ever picked up.

Yes, it could be crap, the same or slightly better. I just aren't jumping on either bandwagon yet.

By the way you must be getting a little tired of waiting for your source to come back from the sahara. ;)

Who'm I to talk though, my source returns on July 20th.......ish. :mellow:

Latest posts