• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Screenshots!

I'm hoping this new version suits me a little bit better. I still only get a few wins against all the guys.

Although if any girls were to play me, I'd surely thrash them all. I can't imagine a girl playing it as much as I have.

In some ways I can see where your coming from Spider18, but go easy on Mr Laxative and also Knowsley and definitely Locksley.

They have not to this point provided much new info on Rugby '08 at all, that much I agree with. Simply put, it appears that no-one does just yet.

Though from what they've said, they will have solid info soon enough. Who knows, reviews, video clips, Q & A's on whats in the game could be just a week or so away.

They do their best for the forum with regard to sourcing info and providing it when they don't have to at all. You'll see what people are talking about soon enough.

My problems with Knowsley are purely communicative.

So, yes it's going to seem like unwarrented butt-kissing for a while, but as information sources to the forum, you will soon see that they do get exclusive/first type of info. [/b]

Mind you, we, here at the forum, get more information from those two than anywhere else... we ask detailed questions about the upcoming game which they answer even the most littlist and ill-relevant questions too... we've seen this in the past...

<div class='quotemain'> Mate, trust me these guys are anything but that!! They have consistently given us the goods over the past three or four years and when they give us a date, well - we say thanks, because we know that they will soon have further information. It may be that it just isn't available yet... [/b]
so we can praise him for giving us information we already knew thats brilliant moron B) [/b][/quote]

Mate your only been on this forum for 15 days and your hated by most already. Theres no need for your shooting down of everyone, just cool down abit. Your making us Wellingtonians look bad dude. Should be ashamed. Shooting down people who have been on these forums for years is a sure way to be hated. Where you from in Wellington???? Im in the hutt

Hi there forum, looks like the new game is building up some steam, i creamed my pants on the release of those pictures (loser).

Anyway having inspected them i noticed that there is still no referee during the game, i know it isn't really important to the game play but it just bugged me that the wasn't one in the past formats. I always thought it would be cool if you could nail the ref (ala Neil Back) if the decision doesn't go your way.......... :p

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Mate, trust me these guys are anything but that!! They have consistently given us the goods over the past three or four years and when they give us a date, well - we say thanks, because we know that they will soon have further information. It may be that it just isn't available yet... [/b]
so we can praise him for giving us information we already knew thats brilliant moron B) [/b][/quote]

Mate your only been on this forum for 15 days and your hated by most already. Theres no need for your shooting down of everyone, just cool down abit. Your making us Wellingtonians look bad dude. Should be ashamed. Shooting down people who have been on these forums for years is a sure way to be hated. Where you from in Wellington???? Im in the hutt
[/b][/quote] i'm from brooklyn and as i seem to have to keep explaining most of this is from one post from knowlesroad (i forget the rest of his name) i thought it was a stupid post and since then he and others have commented and been way of the mark just because i'm insulting people doesn't mean the other posters are blameless. admidettdly i got in an arguement with rugbys a religion as well but i wasn't the only one being abusive in that argument and besides i wasn't alone in my opinion on that one. B)

I must agree with Spider there is often a lot of bullying that goes on from more active or senior forum members. While we should be grateful for the effort other members go to to provide info, mods etc. it should not preclude us from expressing our opinions and criticising those individuals when we disagree with something they have posted.
It is always annoying when forum members display a mob mentality and group bash anyone who dares to challenge a member they support.

I disagreed with Knowsley on a couple of things and to be fair to him, theres no reason why we can't disagree on some things.

Mind you because I'm not supplying any Rugby '08 info, other members were quick to tell me to leave him alone.

I'd like to think I'm a somewhat senior member, and it happens to me too. One thing I will say Spider, if you lay off calling people morons and other insults, the members who've been giving you grief should back off too.

I must agree with Spider there is often a lot of bullying that goes on from more active or senior forum members. While we should be grateful for the effort other members go to to provide info, mods etc. it should not preclude us from expressing our opinions and criticising those individuals when we disagree with something they have posted.
It is always annoying when forum members display a mob mentality and group bash anyone who dares to challenge a member they support. [/b]

The guys that know each other can stick together and exhibit some sort of mob behaviour but if you're going to go around insulting people then you're going to get hammered.

The way I look at it is simple ( and I am by no means perfect) - critisize the post and challenge the argument because that's what you know. Don't critisize or insult the person's identity because you don't know them. You are entitled to your opinion, we're not a bunch of clones on here and everyone agreeing would mean we'd have nothing really to talk about.

With more than half the world marching to the rythmn of the war drum, who wants to come on here and be blown away by insults on their characters instead of conversations about their perspectives?

I disagreed with Knowsley on a couple of things and to be fair to him, theres no reason why we can't disagree on some things.

Mind you because I'm not supplying any Rugby '08 info, other members were quick to tell me to leave him alone.

I'd like to think I'm a somewhat senior member, and it happens to me too. One thing I will say Spider, if you lay off calling people morons and other insults, the members who've been giving you grief should back off too. [/b]

Anyone can disagree with me as much as they like, it wont have any affect on 08 info whatsoever.

<div class='quotemain'> I disagreed with Knowsley on a couple of things and to be fair to him, theres no reason why we can't disagree on some things.

I'd like to think I'm a somewhat senior member, and it happens to me too. One thing I will say Spider, if you lay off calling people morons and other insults, the members who've been giving you grief should back off too. [/b]

Anyone can disagree with me as much as they like, it wont have any affect on 08 info whatsoever.

[/b][/quote] he wasn't saying it would.hes just pointing out that people can be very agressive in defending you and the reason they give is your record of providing info you need to be more accruate in your interpretations.

fair enough enough that probably would cut some of the grief but its pretty standard stuff your not going to tell me i'm the first person on this or any forum to insult someone who was out of line. B)

ok thats enough about bullying and stuff on this thread please bring it back on topic (if anyone else is going to talk about the actual topic now that is)

if you guys have a problem with a member please PM an admin or mod. If you have a problem with a mod, PM an admin or a different mod.

or alterntivly if you dont have a problem with anyone in particular just how things are being run post a topic in the forum feedback and maybe we can sort something out.

I think some of the crap I have read in this thread perfectly sums up what is still holding back this forum...............

.....by the way thanks again Locks/Knows for the inside information regarding the next Ea sports rugby game.

..........and keeping to topic: the screenshots are what I expected considering it was such a short development timeframe.

Latest posts