• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Screenshots!

I think though CA Iversen - so many people end up disappointed by EA releases because they buy into all of the hype and the games have no chance of being as good as they are built up to be. This isn't solely EA's fault though but they do have to take some of the responsibility as they have released some crap over the years.

As for my thoughts on what the game is going to like - this is what I think.

The main issue - computer AI will have been slightly tweaked but no major improvements though.

The roster will still be a little odd when comparing certain players. This will always be an issue as gamers will never agree on how players have been ranked. It is very subjective even at the best of times and will only ever really be fixed by adding a decent editor. I doubt that there will be an editor this time.

Rucks and mauls will still be poor and scrums just a lottery. Maybe the next installation of EA's Rugby will see some work done on these set-pieces.

Overall we will see some improvements in graphics and some more options (such as classic matches) but it will essentially be just a roster upgrade and a cash-in for the world cup.

If it is more than I will be very happy but I am not letting myself expect too much at this stage.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Mind you everyone was saying how crap it was going to be only a week ago.

How they hadn't changed enough and how it was '06 with a new front end. Now all those who said that have flip-flopped, and they still haven't seen the game!!!

If you aren't one of the silly run-off-at-the-mouth people, and are waiting to make judgement when the game comes out, then please accept my grateful respect! [/b]

Speaking of running off at the mouth. :rolleyes:

Jeez m8 dont take it to heart, people have said a lot of things and last time I checked thats what forums are all about.

I still think this game will be a quick cash in. They wouldnt be mentioning **** like creative scoring if they had done anything useful like tweak the AI etc.

The screenshots tell me nothing bar the fact they have picked a naff looking font.
[/b][/quote]

I find it really funny if you think I'm taking it to heart, Knowsley :) . Once again, I know what forums are all about. This is just my response to some of the opinion.

It wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular. It must be yourself who has taken it to heart, as you are responding as though I were talking to you. Is that correct? Well, read your reply to me. :blink:

The fact that I stated "people" should tell you I am fully aware you are not refering to me directly. I will be clearer next time and produce a list of users I believe your post is aimed at.

I think my whole point can be summed up thusly. This is my best shot at putting my opinion so you might get it a little better

I am feeling quite amused about a sector of the rugby gaming market, who make what sound like to me final judgements on aspects of a game which they have never played. This is not necessarily you, Knowsley. You probably feel like it is for some reason.

I love it when you try to have a dig while trying vainly to make it look like it isnt. Its laughable.

I believe people deserve to be given a bit of scrutiny for comments which deal in almost absolute conclusion, like:

To be fair, who are you to scrutinise people on a public forum unless they are insulting or causing distress to others, in which case you would be justified to use your powers of moderation.

(Example of types of comments, not actual)
This game is gonna be '06 with new rosters only.
Creative scoring? I don't know what they mean exactly, but I hate it.
I'm pretty certain that they'll have added nothing to the gameplay of any merit.
The AI will be exactly the same as last time.

I know this is a forum and have nothing against more opinion or guess type comments, like:

This game could be '06 with new rosters only.
Creative scoring. I don't know yet, but it sounds like cobblers to me.
My gut feeling is telling me that they'll have added nothing to the gameplay of any merit.
I reckon the AI is likely to be exactly the same as last time.

So now we have to precede our sentences with " I think " or " I strongly believe " etc and that makes it acceptable?

People say all sorts of things, but I have to laugh when there are claims of certainty before the controller is ever picked up.

Yes, it could be crap, the same or slightly better. I just aren't jumping on either bandwagon yet.

By the way you must be getting a little tired of waiting for your source to come back from the sahara. ;)

My sources I think on past performance shouldnt really be under question. I however cannot control delays that are even possibly outside of EA's control. If I get information about the product before it becomes common knowledge then it will as always be posted on here by either myself or loxley at the earliest opportunity.

Who'm I to talk though, my source returns on July 20th.......ish. :mellow:

[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Mind you everyone was saying how crap it was going to be only a week ago.

How they hadn't changed enough and how it was '06 with a new front end. Now all those who said that have flip-flopped, and they still haven't seen the game!!!

If you aren't one of the silly run-off-at-the-mouth people, and are waiting to make judgement when the game comes out, then please accept my grateful respect! [/b]

Jeez m8 dont take it to heart, people have said a lot of things and last time I checked thats what forums are all about.

I still think this game will be a quick cash in. They wouldnt be mentioning **** like creative scoring if they had done anything useful like tweak the AI etc.

The screenshots tell me nothing bar the fact they have picked a naff looking font.
[/b][/quote]

I find it really funny if you think I'm taking it to heart, Knowsley :) . Once again, I know what forums are all about. This is just my response to some of the opinion.

It wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular. It must be yourself who has taken it to heart, as you are responding as though I were talking to you. Is that correct? Well, read your reply to me. :blink:

The fact that I stated "people" should tell you I am fully aware you are not refering to me directly. I will be clearer next time and produce a list of users I believe your post is aimed at.

I think my whole point can be summed up thusly. This is my best shot at putting my opinion so you might get it a little better

I am feeling quite amused about a sector of the rugby gaming market, who make what sound like to me final judgements on aspects of a game which they have never played. This is not necessarily you, Knowsley. You probably feel like it is for some reason.

I love it when you try to have a dig while trying vainly to make it look like it isnt. Its laughable.

I believe people deserve to be given a bit of scrutiny for comments which deal in almost absolute conclusion, like:

To be fair, who are you to scrutinise people on a public forum unless they are insulting or causing distress to others, in which case you would be justified to use your powers of moderation.

I'm pretty certain that they'll have added nothing to the gameplay of any merit.

I know this is a forum and have nothing against more opinion or guess type comments, like:

My gut feeling is telling me that they'll have added nothing to the gameplay of any merit.

So now we have to precede our sentences with " I think " or " I strongly believe " etc and that makes it acceptable?

People say all sorts of things, but I have to laugh when there are claims of certainty before the controller is ever picked up.

Yes, it could be crap, the same or slightly better. I just aren't jumping on either bandwagon yet.

By the way you must be getting a little tired of waiting for your source to come back from the sahara. ;)

My sources I think on past performance shouldnt really be under question. I however cannot control delays that are even possibly outside of EA's control. If I get information about the product before it becomes common knowledge then it will as always be posted on here by either myself or loxley at the earliest opportunity.

[/b][/quote] [/b][/quote]

I can't believe anybody is questioning knowsley's sources. Every single rugby game I can remember has had exclusive footage/reviews from Knowsley & Lox - they could always keep it to themselves if that's what you would prefer. Wait till July 20 and decide for yourself if its better than 06

Locksley and Knowslyroader have been great. However, Knowsly said that Rugby Challenege was the best Rugby game to date and Locksley said there wouldnt be a new rugby game this year.

Locksley said there wouldnt be a new rugby game this year. [/b]

Wrong! I said there wouldn't be a Rugby 2007 this year! Plus I also mentioned the fact that it won't be on next gen platforms too!

As for Rugby 08.....

We may have more than just screenshots for you by the end of this week! ;)

Your right about next gen, the fact that its 2007/2008 doesnt make a difference. Anyway, its good to actually drag a post out of you and hopefully we can have some videos or something at the end of the week!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Mind you everyone was saying how crap it was going to be only a week ago.

[/b][/quote]

I can't believe anybody is questioning knowsley's sources. Every single rugby game I can remember has had exclusive footage/reviews from Knowsley & Lox - they could always keep it to themselves if that's what you would prefer. Wait till July 20 and decide for yourself if its better than 06

[/b][/quote]

Without bothering to go into everything else Knowsley said to me, I never questioned his sources. I just asked when they were getting back from the Sahara. Which infers in my mind that they have been away a long time and was a joke that maybe they've dried up a bit.

Where have I questioned them?

I guess imagining things about what I say is the way to go. Also, surely no-one is above copping a bit of banter or comment on the forum. I assume game info sources, like the guys who put up the box shots, are not doing it for hero-worship.

I'm not asking this to be a smart-ass, but has info for Rugby Challenge 2006, Rugby 2001, Jonah's and all the rest been delivered by the two boys in question? If so, I'm hugely impressed.

Also, Knowsley, To be fair, who are you to scrutinise people on a public forum unless they are insulting or causing distress to others, in which case you would be justified to use your powers of moderation. ????

I use the word scrutinise to infer close examination. If I want to do that I can. It does not mean that I am wanting to tell people what to post. I am not just a moderator, I'm also a regular member. Moderation is a seperate hat I wear here. I'd never allow my personal feelings to interfere in that role.

I'm worried about why Josh Lewsey is on the right wing for England, and why he's a star players. Screenshots always stir up a bit of speculation. [/b]

why wouldnt lewsey be a star player hes been one of the few players who has kept his form from 2003, plaus the only one to maintain his place almost throughout, and he creates scoring oppertunities out of nothing, and is rock solid in defence.

i wonder if the star palyers will be more obvious this time, in 06 it was realy only the likes of wilko and carter with their kicking. would like to see alesana tuillangi showing some of his jona lumu qualities in the game

<div class='quotemain'> I'm worried about why Josh Lewsey is on the right wing for England, and why he's a star players. Screenshots always stir up a bit of speculation. [/b]

why wouldnt lewsey be a star player hes been one of the few players who has kept his form from 2003, plaus the only one to maintain his place almost throughout, and he creates scoring oppertunities out of nothing, and is rock solid in defence.
[/b][/quote]

Have we been watching the same player? Lewsey's form has dipped to the extent he has been struggling (and failing) to even make the Wasps team at times.

He's nowhere near as effective in attack as he used to be, and while he still hits hard, he know longer has the all round game to start on the wing for England.

looking forward to what Lox has to say about the game :) He is a lucky bugger but god bless him for giving us info :)

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Mind you everyone was saying how crap it was going to be only a week ago.

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I'm not asking this to be a smart-ass, but has info for Rugby Challenge 2006, Rugby 2001, Jonah's and all the rest been delivered by the two boys in question? [/b][/quote]

For Rugby Challenge 2006 there was plenty of info from us before release, as for the other two mentioned, no, because they were already around well before this forum started!

Thanx Lox. Just thought you mighta been doing the internet thing from near when it kicked off.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Mind you everyone was saying how crap it was going to be only a week ago.

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote] i've only been around a little while but when a guy says he's got a ea source and then goes on to only give a date (see 08 news and info thread) that everyone already knew it makes it seem like he's full of ****.

Mate, trust me these guys are anything but that!! They have consistently given us the goods over the past three or four years and when they give us a date, well - we say thanks, because we know that they will soon have further information. It may be that it just isn't available yet...

i've only been around a little while but when a guy says he's got a ea source and then goes on to only give a date (see 08 news and info thread) that everyone already knew it makes it seem like he's full of ****. [/b]

Yes, you have only been around a little while, and I can understand why you would question things without having seen any evidence. I would suggest checking all the old threads for rugby 06 though before saying that somebody is full of ****... it may help you avoid looking very very silly in a week or so...

<div class='quotemain'>i've only been around a little while but when a guy says he's got a ea source and then goes on to only give a date (see 08 news and info thread) that everyone already knew it makes it seem like he's full of ****. [/b]

Yes, you have only been around a little while, and I can understand why you would question things without having seen any evidence. I would suggest checking all the old threads for rugby 06 though before saying that somebody is full of ****... it may help you avoid looking very very silly in a week or so...

[/b][/quote]

Well said

I am sure Knowsley & Lox will be on at some point today. Just thought I would let u know that they will each be in possession of a Rugby '08 by tomorrow night so expect some info pretty soon.

[/quote] i've only been around a little while but when a guy says he's got a ea source and then goes on to only give a date (see 08 news and info thread) that everyone already knew it makes it seem like he's full of ****. [/quote]

Any chance you could show me where I said my source was from EA?

Anyway have just got word moments ago that there should be some good info tomorow, assuming the plane isnt delayed from the Sahara. ;) If it doesnt happen, it doesnt happen. Shoot me!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>i've only been around a little while but when a guy says he's got a ea source and then goes on to only give a date (see 08 news and info thread) that everyone already knew it makes it seem like he's full of ****. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

Well said

I am sure Knowsley & Lox will be on at some point today. Just thought I would let u know that they will each be in possession of a Rugby '08 by tomorrow night so expect some info pretty soon.

[/b][/quote]

:lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn:

Legendary.

i think knowsley and lox got nothing to prove really, the old forum'ers know their credentials...

Latest posts