• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Screenshots!

Ive been here a while and read their reviews and the info has been great but sometimes their reviews have been clouded. I remember awaiting the release of Rugby 2004. Locksley posted up his reviews and said it was a very good game - I bought his story and ended up with the worst game ever!

I remember WCR, Locksley said it was pretty good - I bought his story and ended up trading the game back in after 2 days!

I remember Rugby 2005, Locksley said it was amazing and a really good game, I didnt buy it - I wrote about how poor I expected it to be on the forums and got slated for it. I was right in the end.

World Championship Rugby 2, Locksley's review was very impressive (got taken off!) but I am unsure again. Knowsleyroader called it the best rugby game.

I really appreciate their work, they dont have to post on the forum and give details but they do and I thank them for that. Just dont take everything they say as the full truth.

Ive been here a while and read their reviews and the info has been great but sometimes their reviews have been clouded. I remember awaiting the release of Rugby 2004. Locksley posted up his reviews and said it was a very good game - I bought his story and ended up with the worst game ever!

I remember WCR, Locksley said it was pretty good - I bought his story and ended up trading the game back in after 2 days!

I remember Rugby 2005, Locksley said it was amazing and a really good game, I didnt buy it - I wrote about how poor I expected it to be on the forums and got slated for it. I was right in the end.

World Championship Rugby 2, Locksley's review was very impressive (got taken off!) but I am unsure again. Knowsleyroader called it the best rugby game.

I really appreciate their work, they dont have to post on the forum and give details but they do and I thank them for that. Just dont take everything they say as the full truth.
[/b]

If lox does a review, its his opinion, not law.

FWIW I have my own views. I stand by my points on Rugby challenge, i think it was a bugs dick of being right on the money and some of the features are better and more realistic that 06 in my opinion. Its a game I still play.

I hate RL2 with a passion, many people on here like it and shot me down for being so negative. I hated 2004 within 30 minutes of playing it. 2005 was destroyed mainly by the mental kicking physics. Im sure its going to be easier for us to gauge this time around, directly comparing r06 to r08.

[/b]

The thing is that is their Opinion of the game... Yours is totally different, how many Films have you seen where they have given it 5 stars and you have thought it is a load of crap... I actually thought WCR was a great game, WCR2 was not to the same standard but was enjoyable...

I think the important thing to remeber is that knowlsley and locksley are giving us there opininions and impressions, and after playing the games ourselves we may well have a different view. Its also important to note that they often have limited time with the game and give us their first impressions. After extended play the game may be completely different. Hell, I know ive gotten over excited plenty of times and convinced myself a rugby game was good because of my excitement. I think any imformation is great. Just remember reviews are just other peoples impressions, test it for yourself hire it or whatever. I want to hear waht locksley and Knowlsey have to say, even if I disagree later on.

I agree its their opinion, I am just saying dont take eveything they say as truth. When I said, giving my opinion, I didnt think Rugby 05 would be very good everyone went nuts. The problem with this forum is that most members have read Loxleys reviews as law and countered anyone who disagrees with his view.

Lets hope Rugby 08 is an improvement on 06, 06 was a good game and still playable today.

I agree its their opinion, I am just saying dont take eveything they say as truth. When I said, giving my opinion, I didnt think Rugby 05 would be very good everyone went nuts. The problem with this forum is that most members have read Loxleys reviews as law and countered anyone who disagrees with his view.

Lets hope Rugby 08 is an improvement on 06, 06 was a good game and still playable today. [/b]

Good post. If everybody agreed 100% with Lox and knowsley then the fun of playing and making your own mind up would disappear and no forum would be needed to discuss things.

FWIW would people be happy with 08 if it was basically 06 with blatant bugs fixed and AI tightened? or are people wanting more from 08?

<div class='quotemain'> I agree its their opinion, I am just saying dont take eveything they say as truth. When I said, giving my opinion, I didnt think Rugby 05 would be very good everyone went nuts. The problem with this forum is that most members have read Loxleys reviews as law and countered anyone who disagrees with his view.

Lets hope Rugby 08 is an improvement on 06, 06 was a good game and still playable today. [/b]

Good post. If everybody agreed 100% with Lox and knowsley then the fun of playing and making your own mind up would disappear and no forum would be needed to discuss things.

FWIW would people be happy with 08 if it was basically 06 with blatant bugs fixed and AI tightened? or are people wanting more from 08?

[/b][/quote]

I would be happy with that. Things like improvements to the player editor and world league would be a welcome bonus, but yeah core gameplay improved with better more variable AI would be the main base hit.

I think the fact that a lot of people still play 06 suggests there wasn't TOO much wrong with it.

Tighter AI seems to be the most requested change so think that would make a lot of people.

For me, it was a case of really small things would make a huge difference - choosing the direction of offloads, better execution of set plays, more varied AI attack. There are the obvious bugs too which I would hope were ironed out.

Obviously I wouldn't expect miracles, and it is impossible to make a gam to everyone's liking, but if EA had literally updated kits and squads I would be very unhappy.

More varied AI attack........I think you hit the nail on the head there toup!!!!! A more creative and unpredictable attacking AI would make an enormous difference to the game.

yeah i gotta agree, 06 is a fun game and i still play i really hope theyve made improvements to the AI.

Mate, trust me these guys are anything but that!! They have consistently given us the goods over the past three or four years and when they give us a date, well - we say thanks, because we know that they will soon have further information. It may be that it just isn't available yet... [/b]
so we can praise him for giving us information we already knew thats brilliant moron B)

In some ways I can see where your coming from Spider18, but go easy on Mr Laxative and also Knowsley and definitely Locksley.

They have not to this point provided much new info on Rugby '08 at all, that much I agree with. Simply put, it appears that no-one does just yet.

Though from what they've said, they will have solid info soon enough. Who knows, reviews, video clips, Q & A's on whats in the game could be just a week or so away.

They do their best for the forum with regard to sourcing info and providing it when they don't have to at all. You'll see what people are talking about soon enough.

My problems with Knowsley are purely communicative.

So, yes it's going to seem like unwarrented butt-kissing for a while, but as information sources to the forum, you will soon see that they do get exclusive/first type of info.

looking forward to the info from lox and knowlsey, i just wish there was a way to get a text in the middle of the night when they posted :)

I think the fact that a lot of people still play 06 suggests there wasn't TOO much wrong with it.

Tighter AI seems to be the most requested change so think that would make a lot of people.

For me, it was a case of really small things would make a huge difference - choosing the direction of offloads, better execution of set plays, more varied AI attack. There are the obvious bugs too which I would hope were ironed out.

Obviously I wouldn't expect miracles, and it is impossible to make a gam to everyone's liking, but if EA had literally updated kits and squads I would be very unhappy.

[/b]

Yeah I agree, you can't please everyone :wacko: A.I. improvements is a must :%#%#: !!! The only other things for me would be the side step, bump off & fend off, If there sticking with right analogue, they need to make it more responsive. Im a madden man so it's so depressing :( . the other thing is the kicking. Other than that I can't wait!!! I just hope the wait will be worth it :unsure: .

The screen shots look pretty good, does anyone know if I will be able to play the Rugby 08 -PS2 on my PS3 and if there will be a Xbox 360 version coming out?

You'd think that they would make the game compatible with the PS3, but we don't know yet for sure if they could.

I agree its their opinion, I am just saying dont take eveything they say as truth. When I said, giving my opinion, I didnt think Rugby 05 would be very good everyone went nuts. [/b]

I remember that and you still deserved everything you got. :lol2tn:

i have to say it doesn't look too diffrent :( [/b]

I really dont get what your on about sonny it doesnt look too different wipty doo, does fifa or madden make "too different" changes every year.

Latest posts