• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

Wait, sock length is gamebreaker???

People won't buy it unless they have full control over sock length?!

I dont carr if they dunt have takkles in game. Just mayke sure the socks is customable!!!!!

*and that is my impression of a standard web trawling gamer*

You wanted screenshots? Be disappointed.
3799_103972_rugby-15.jpg
3799_103973_rugby-15.jpg
please say this isn't the actual game. it be disappointing if it was the final production

Yeah, that's pretty average I've gotta say... Rugby Challenge 2 looked better even though it was on older tech.

please say this isn't the actual game. it be disappointing if it was the final production

According to the facebook page these screenshots are taken from the alpha stages of the game.

"Note that these pictures are taken from an alpha / "work in progress" version of the game, with non-final graphics elements. The final game will contain recess kits and official teams of French and English championships and will get nicer and nicer until the end of the development!"

According to the facebook page these screenshots are taken from the alpha stages of the game.

"Note that these pictures are taken from an alpha / "work in progress" version of the game, with non-final graphics elements. The final game will contain recess kits and official teams of French and English championships and will get nicer and nicer until the end of the development!"
thank god if that is what i was looking forward too ....

It's still the same game engine, though. You can get a pretty good idea from those shots what this game will be like. It even gives an indication of gameplay - I.e how close it will likely be to predecessors.

By the way ImScotty not to take a dump on your parade or anything but Lord Hope was a Scottish user who I think must have reached 1,000 posts once upon a time.
Not that he posted very often.

It'd be sick if a rugby game made a create-a-move aspect, creating your own set plays and being able to practice them to use in games...imagine how creative things would get!

Graphics is not the worst part!

"Note that these pictures are taken from an alpha / “work in progress†version of the game, with non-final graphics elements. The final game will contain recess kits and official teams of French and English championships and will get nicer and nicer until the end of the development!"

My biggest concern is not the graphics , that can change quite a bit, and I will take game play over graphics for sure. But the biggest problem here if you have not noticed is there are three players in the ruck on each side. In RWC 2011 the dumb downed rucks had 3 players in the ruck every time, the same animation over and over. No strategy in putting more or less players in the ruck. I am hoping that it is just a coincidence that there is 3 on each side. If not they are definitely going the RWC 2011 route. I call it lazy rucking.

PS: please do not try to argue there was not the same number of players in each ruck in RWC 2011, I have gone over this many times:)

Cheers and Salud

Everybody is nervous about the same thing Lion! It might be a 3 v 2 because it appears to be a turn over and the ball had to be stripped before the ruck formed so the jackler is not part of the subsequent ruck. Still couple of very poorly selected screenshots.

So bigben r going to gamescom in cologne from 13th august to the 17th. We will probs see a trailer there.

It's still the same game engine, though. You can get a pretty good idea from those shots what this game will be like. It even gives an indication of gameplay - I.e how close it will likely be to predecessors.

By the way ImScotty not to take a dump on your parade or anything but Lord Hope was a Scottish user who I think must have reached 1,000 posts once upon a time.
Not that he posted very often.
na i believe seaton is also scottish with 3,000 + posts but i claim it and i've spoken ;)

Id of thought after the somewhat negative reaction to the released screenshots, that maybe they would have put out something encouraging ie hint at new gameplay mechanics or something to reassure us that its actually gonna be worth it. Their half assed approach is making me wonder if they just dont care cause they know people are gonna buy it regardless simply because rugby games are so rare.

Everybody is nervous about the same thing Lion! It might be a 3 v 2 because it appears to be a turn over and the ball had to be stripped before the ruck formed so the jackler is not part of the subsequent ruck. Still couple of very poorly selected screenshots.

Although the player in red looks weird on the side almost facing the opposite way of his teammates, (hopefully a penalty for coming in from the side was given:)) actually in retrospect that image may be a positive because it is a different image or animation from the blue teams ruck. In RWC 2011 every rucking animation was the same. Three players in the ruck the same way every time. So hopefully the red team showing a different animation then the blue is a good sign. (Hey, just trying to grab on to anything positive:).

Cheers and Salud

After reading that BigBen Interactive will be attending Gamescom this year i decided to write to them via Facebook.

Hey guys, I see that you are attending Gamescom this year in Cologne. Are you taking RUGBY 15 there and showing off the game with possible trailers and gameplay?

And here's what they had to say.

Hello! As 15 RUGBY is not coming out in Germany, we prefer to present the game only in the Press booth, where journalists will have access to an advanced version of the game. But don't worry, we have something planned for rugby fans during the Gamescom week.

After reading that BigBen Interactive will be attending Gamescom this year i decided to write to them via Facebook.

Hey guys, I see that you are attending Gamescom this year in Cologne. Are you taking RUGBY 15 there and showing off the game with possible trailers and gameplay?

And here's what they had to say.

Hello! As 15 RUGBY is not coming out in Germany, we prefer to present the game only in the Press booth, where journalists will have access to an advanced version of the game. But don't worry, we have something planned for rugby fans during the Gamescom week.

Well that doesnt sound good

Yeah, that's dodge.
Gamescom has media and fans from all over Europe there, it would make sense to showcase it there over somewhere like E3.
Maybe they can't afford a booth and a private area, though?
Boothes at E3 start from 30k, so Gamescom will be in a similar ball park, probably a bit under.

Yeah, that's dodge.
Gamescom has media and fans from all over Europe there, it would make sense to showcase it there over somewhere like E3.
Maybe they can't afford a booth and a private area, though?
Boothes at E3 start from 30k, so Gamescom will be in a similar ball park, probably a bit under.

They must be able to afford it considering they were supposed to be at e3 but then backed out

Latest posts