• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2004 challenge

L

Los Lover

OKAY OKAY....

Bear with me here.....

Why not....tfor a laugh...have a quick Rugby 2004 versus the AI scoreline challenge.

I know...it's lame...but it would be fun and to spice it up and get a good comparison with only two teams contesting...

I am suggesting NZ v ENG
No profile i.e. "none" selected at opening screen - so no added stats etc...
You can however select your starting line-up from the squad.
10 minute halves.

You can select to be which of the two you'd like to be...being that they represent NH and SH and both are strong statistically (in the game).

So? What about it? It would just require the oath of honesty and, for fun, the posting (obviously of the scoreline too) of your try scorers etc.
<
<

Oh hell why not guyz?

Even if only, like, 10-20 people did it...it would make that **** game reasonably enjoyable for twenty more minutes!!!!!

I must confess....I played it last night!
Well...only started to!

The thing is...after all the video clips i've seen of 2005 it was kinda a kick in the nuts trying to play that game...I couldn't do it to myself so I switched it off and ended up watching the final game of last years Tri Nations again!
<

I've already traded Rugby 2004 and WCR in to reduce the price of my pre-ordered copy of Rugby 2005 unfortunately... Mind you I never saw myself touching either of those games again.

Sounds like a micheal Jackson confession Sanzar!
Looked but didn't touch hey?
<

<

Originally posted by Wally@Mar 2 2005, 07:36 PM
Give us what level and the weather conditions and I'll have a go.
Hard level and weather of your choice - fine I guess.

Some of you are making jokes about the game...totally agree, but this is to make the game more fun for at least one more game.

I will play soon (even though it is late) and post my score.

Sorry I was so late coming back in here - have been out.

Definitely hard level.

Yeah and just so more people do it - this is not a comp (as such) as much as it is for a laugh.

I will post mine a sone of the first scores...so if someone beats it that will be that.

I haven't played for a while, so I am certainly not showing off....I really couldn't say what would happen with no profile as all my players are changed etc...I think will be fun knowing that my final score will get posted (and honestly too - please go a conscience vote on this one) so the pressure will be on. hehe.
<

Sorry! One more thing to get more involved...

If you want to be a different side than NZ or Eng that's fine....but if you are NH you will have to play the ABS and of you are a SH side you will have to play the ENGLAND team - for difficulty equivalence...

remember:

- NO profile chosen at menu start-up screen - therefore no stat adjustments after loading up either.
- 10 minute halves
- hard level
- must play against ENG or NZ
- venue and weather are your choice - please mention this though...and your final score and tryscorers and kicker figures!

I am looking forward to this!
<
while obviously only ten percent as much as rugby '05.

It's on PC. It's a shame because I really felt like belting the English. Ah well.

maybe this will (hopefully) create some more excitement in the day tomorrow (bit late now!)....

I will play though before bed and post my score and details.

Bummer Wally - I liked your enthusiasm and was looking forward to seeign how you went against the Poms - as you can see by the new rules, you could've been Oz too.
<

a dirty and surprisingly hard faught game. its fairly entertaining when you have not played for a whle as the competition is a bit tougher.

(me) NZL 35 v (cpu) ENG 22

however it was 21 - 22 with 76mins on the ticker. only 2 late howlett tries tipped it my way.

probably the most fun ive ever had on the game. im going to play agin same match and see how it goes without the ring rust.

Originally posted by davidson@Mar 2 2005, 11:26 PM
a dirty and surprisingly hard faught game. its fairly entertaining when you have not played for a whle as the competition is a bit tougher.

however it was 21 - 22 with 76mins on the ticker. only 2 late howlett tries tipped it my way.

probably the most fun ive ever had on the game. im going to play agin same match and see how it goes without the ring rust.
How did they possibly manage 22 points?

Must have been horrible to watch!
Can imagine seeing them arrogant english cross the line so many times!
<

i havnt played for a while, and im not particularly good at video games anyway. it was quite exciting tho (something i havnt experience from 2004). i played again however and it was a 38 - 0 massacre to me. so once again, game is boring predictable and easy even for a crap player like me.

Originally posted by davidson@Mar 3 2005, 12:26 AM

Cool! I had a feeling it would make the game more fun having something on it.

Choice! (as they sometimes..er...oh well)

<

Yours is the last post I read and now I am going to play - all set up...I fear it'll be tight with all the stats down and not been able to choose your squad (darn it - I wanted some faster dudes!LOL! Like Randell would've been nice...oh well, will make do with Howlett and Lomu's busting tackle priopensity! Have mauger at outside centre and Umaga at 12...

Here goes nothing...

I will take everyones efforts and post them in one go to laugh at/ be in awe of. or go..WTF!?

Nice effort with the clinching late tries...**** game sure...but that would've felt good.

Wahoooooooooo!

(I'm actually quite pumped!! hehe...if a little tired.)

No excuses though.

Latest posts