• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005 Multimedia

In Rugby 2004, there were a whole lot of big green boxes on the sideline of Westpac Stadium, Wellington. They were just weird, and will remind me of the shite that was Rugby 2004.

Originally posted by EA Sports
Unprecedented Control Over Every Aspect of the Sportâ€"Set plays on the fly, dive when tackling, sidestep big hits, build momentum with a shoulder charge, or confuse the defense with complex fakes and dummies.

That sounds cool.

I know, I know. What's HB's obsession with having cargo containers in rugby stadiums???

Gives it that dock feel I guess...
twoman.jpg

Looks like a two man tackle to me.
through.jpg

Busting through a tackle! Wow.
pooroldserge.jpg

Gutted50.gif

Poor old Serge.
22players.jpg

22 Players...
bam.jpg

downaussie.jpg

rah.jpg

nailed.jpg

Originally posted by funksoulbrother@Jan 8 2005, 09:53 AM
by the looks of it its a green rugby ball so could be england playing at an Irish Province
JJ, priceless comment above. Dock stadium.

As for the English/Irish stadium -- I completely see the point of the ball, but the pads on the posts are black and gold, and there are RFU banners all over. I'da thought the Irish Union would have outlawed that.

Can't think of any black and gold Irish teams. Wasps, maybe?

Go away for a while and look at all the information!!!!!

Surely though they havn't just used the FIFA team lineup animation at the start, hence only 11 players per side showing???, are they truly that dumb????????? (dont answer that I think I already know the answer........)

It is very worrying. I remember seeing little glitches in Rugby 2004 videos and thinking, "Ah well, that will be from an early version." But nothing improved...

The main thing that REALLY peed me about about Rugby 2004, was the fact that nearly ALL of the defending team chased the ball carrier instead of keeping a line! That was ridiculous and spoiled play quite a bit!

See here..... 11 men chasing Lomu!

1.jpg

And here, 9 men chasing the ball carrier, none bothering to cover the supporting players

2.jpg

I hope they've changed the AI system for 2005

Can someone please tell me how to dowload the second 05 clip. On the UK website a picture of a broken quicktime logo loads then does nothing. Are there any other links working that anyone knows of? Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 8 2005, 11:41 AM
Can someone please tell me how to dowload the second 05 clip. On the UK website a picture of a broken quicktime logo loads then does nothing. Are there any other links working that anyone knows of? Any help would be appreciated.
I take it you've tried the site I posted? It comes up automatically and is quicktime:

http://www.easports.com/articles/05/rugby2005pr.jsp

Edit:
Holy poop, it looks to have been removed! Wonder if they got word of that 'ONLY 11 PLAYERS' conspiracy?

Locksley, yeah, i found that so fustrating too - and unrealistic!!!

Also another point from 04 was the stopping of AI players when you ran past them, they all stopped and started again... wtf!

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 8 2005, 11:49 AM
Hmm, lucky I got the video when I did, unfortunately I couldn't save it.
Me too (both watching and not being able to save.)

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 8 2005, 12:49 PM
Hmm, lucky I got the video when I did, unfortunately I couldn't save it.
Umm, did you view it in Internet explorer? if you did go to

C:/docs and settings/'user'/local settings/temporary files/then find the 6mb quicktime file

worked for me

Damn. Did anyone save it and is able to send it to me? I'll be your best friend.. neh, come on.

yeah that screenshot of Johnny W looked like he was playing at Wasps home ground. It's where Wycombe Wanderers play. It's definitely not any of the irish provincial grounds.

A few of the balls are messed up, the NZ ball is being played with in Au v England in a stadium that isn't in NZ.

Latest posts