• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005 Multimedia

Different gilbert balls on the previous page, and now, a good look at a kiwi ball.

ru05xb005.jpg

And an Aussie ball.

ru05xb003.jpg

I can't get the second clip to work, just shows a broken clip sign. Anywhere where I can d/l it as a mov file?

Can't get second clip either.

EA Sports now have it announced on their mainwebsite with another screenshot.

EA Sports

Here is the direct link:

EA Sports Rugby 2005 'page'

Here's what it says:

1.05.05 â€" It’s official. The newest ongoing franchise in the EA SPORTS lineup, EA SPORTSâ"¢ Rugby 2005, is under development, heralding the sport’s emergence as a global phenomenon. The game, which features a host of gameplay and graphical upgrades to deliver a truly authentic rugby experience, is scheduled for release in spring 2005.

“EA SPORTS is committed to making the most complete and authentic rugby game possible,†said Andrew Wilson, producer of the game. “By leveraging our sports technology and experience to create EA SPORTS Rugby 2005, we feel we can grow a successful interactive franchise for one of the fastest growing sports in the world.â€

EA SPORTS Rugby 2005 boasts all the major Rugby teams, players, and tournaments, including the Tri-Nations, Super 12 and many more authentic and prestigious events from the world of Rugby. The game incorporates a completely upgraded graphical engine with individually differentiated players, realistic motion-captured player animations, dramatic lighting and cameras, and stadiums that are accurate with details such as crowd reactions, songs, and chants. The game also includes realistic on-the-fly play-calling, right analog stick controls for fakes and crushing hits, improved kicking control, and a ‘Rugby 101’ training mode outlining the rules, controls, and tactics of the sport through videos and interactive challenges. Here's a breakdown of the key features for 2005:

True Rugby Realismâ€"New player models of varying height and weight and realistic animations bring the tackles, high emotions, and player actions to life.

Learn it. Play it. Live it.â€"Training mode outlines the eight main rugby gameplay elements including rules, controls, and advanced tactics. Then take your skills to the Training Pitch for challenge-based drills using advanced controls.

Unprecedented Control Over Every Aspect of the Sportâ€"Set plays on the fly, dive when tackling, sidestep big hits, build momentum with a shoulder charge, or confuse the defense with complex fakes and dummies.

All-New Creation Zoneâ€"Create customized players based on your own likeness, your favorite rugby star, classic players of the game, or any other characters.

New Teams and Tournamentsâ€"More teams and leagues added for the upcoming season, plus the addition of the Heineken/European Cup and customizable, user-designed knockout tournaments.

Enhanced Broadcast Presentationâ€"New camera angles, sound effects, crowd noise, commentators, and replay controls provide better feel for the on-field action.

Team Songs and Chantsâ€"Team songs and crowd chants from the major stadiums around the world capture the spirit and excitement of rugby.

EA SPORTS Rugby 2005 is being produced by EA Canada, the makers of such hits as FIFA Soccer and NBA LIVEmade, and will be available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, and the PC.

Eric, try the clip on EA's website, I think it's the second clip everyone is talking about and it's on quicktime.

NPC? Pffft.

You want quality club rugby -- United States Super League -- that's where it's at.

I feel numb.

I think I can assume that this will be released in the States/North America like the 2004 version was. Well, I'm hoping at any rate.

has anyone else noticed that there is only 11! people from each team linedup in the 6th second!!

No mention of either franchise or online play... Rather disappointed about that, mainly the franchise.

Anyway, screens look good, and I can't get that second trailer to load...

Originally posted by neh@Jan 8 2005, 09:44 AM
has anyone else noticed that there is only 11! people from each team linedup in the 6th second!!
Fifa engine, anyone?

Originally posted by neh@Jan 8 2005, 10:44 AM
God damn! You're right Neh.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Jan 8 2005, 09:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Jan 8 2005, 09:47 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-neh
@Jan 8 2005, 09:44 AM
Fifa engine, anyone? [/b]
u could be right there, these f***ing canadians are starting to **** me off these better be early video's im not liking how in general play most players are going in several defferent positions and they run past a tackle like 10 meters this could be bad the graphics look sweet they better not f*** up the game play

Originally posted by captainamerica@Jan 8 2005, 08:04 AM
English boys, shot in the dark, but what ground think you this?

ru05xb004.jpg
by the looks of it its a green rugby ball so could be england playing at an Irish Province

Any1 have a working link for this supposed secend clip? the EA one just throws up a popup that dows @#$ all...

Is it even worth d/loading if I have the first one?

Anyone?

Latest posts